open Equestria's Darkest Hour

Flareon

"IT'S STILL TALKING!" Hirue yelled, shaking his head to get her to fall off. He whipped around his tentacles and tried to grab her leg.

"Hold her down, Hirue, but don't kill her yet." Butajiri commanded. Unlike Hirue, he still looked like a pony. He laid down his sword and walked to her slowly. "Don't worry about my nasty friends. Just tell me a few things that I need to know and I'll make sure nopony harms you. That's a promise."

Nova growled and used her magic encasing Pinkie Pie in a orb watching her bounce at it trying to escape. "Butajiri alone their powers aren't enough to do much but together they will be the most destructive force in my army.You wont need to worry about the ones that control love Shining Armor is my prize and Cadence is practically dead." She walked over to Chrysalis and gave a wicked smile looking back at the changeling army. "Fortunately for us Celestia moved Discord to a cave located in the Ghastly Gorge all thanks to my manipulation of a pony. That also is where I hid one of my spell books it contains a spell that will break his sealing, and as for Sombra all we need to do is darken the Crystal Heart and he will return to his original form." Storm walked back to Butajiri and the others "I want you and your changelings to cause the harmony users to hate each other but make them suffer before they shatter their frindship. Rotto and Hirue I want you to make Pinkie "comfertable" and Butajiri you will accompany me and Chrysalis to find Discord understood." Nova took the elemants and gave them to some changelings before heading towards the cave enterance and into the sunlight.

Storm and Dash headed into the castle and saw the destruction that had happened inside a few guards who had been unlucky enough to meet nova. White feathers littered the floor as they headed down the hall towards the medical wing Storm covered Dash with his wings not wanting her to see everything that had happened. "Don't worry Dash we'll make her pay for what she's done here." Dash nodded in agreement before seeing Celestia limping down the hall "Your Majesty you're ok!" Dash yelled as she ran up towards Celestia only to be stopped by two guards as they extended their wings so she couldn't go any further. "Hey come on she's my friend and I'm one of the ones that stopped Discord."

Celestia turned around, feeling her bones creak from the stress of the battle. "Rainbow Dash," She said, "is everypony okay? Where is Nova? Do you have the Elements ready? We may need them to combat Nova again......"

She nodded to her guards to let her through, then she slumped down onto the floor gracelessly.

Hank smiles as he heard Rarity awake "Rarity i dont really know where we are but twilight and her friend is here with us. Us four will stick together ok? No matter what dont give up your elements of harmony ok?" HE gave a smile to Twilight and her friend. "how do you feel rarity?"

As the elements were getting taken away, she was able to grasp hold of her Laughter one.

Pinkie frowned, but then smiled. 

"Ooh! Bubble-y." Pinkie said with a smile. "ALRIIIIGHT! Now I gotta see Ceberus!" 

Pinkie used her bubble to burst through a wall in the hive, that ironiclly led to her mirror pool.

"I solemny swear not to be scared when a three-headed dog pops out of nowhere."

Ceberus then, slowly rose from the pool, wiping her eyes.

"What is it, Pinkie? We only told you to call us in grave need. This ability to call upon me is passed down throughout your family...but no asking something silly."

"Oh, it isn't something silly! I know you've been getting a great outbreak of deamons from Taratus..." 

Ceberus raised one of her many eyebrows. "How is that so?"

"Oh, you know, the usual. And anyway...this is serious." Pinkie said, while carefully whispering her plan and her situation to Ceberus.

"WHATTTT?"

"Yes yes, it's true!"

"But NODEMON get's by me..." 

"Well, a couple did."

"I swear..."

"I'm fine, darling." Rarity said with a cheerful look on her face. Her mane was a mess.

Edited by Shift

Hank smiles and nods "thats good. Oh Rarity do you want to fix your mane because i got a comb for you somewhere in one of my pockets in my cloak." He hugs her "Rarity i will protect you even though i might die, i would also like to say i love you." he hugs her still "well where do you think we should all go?"

Rotto dropped the element of Honesty. It hit the ground with a loud thud. His hand was burnt. Smoke rose from the wound and faded into the air.

"She still has one of the elements, Hirue." Butajiri said to his minion. "Go kill her and take it back!"

Hirue nodded quickly and slithered out of the cave.

"We can not go meet Nova yet. I feel as if something is going to happen. We need to leave. Now." She said, starting to rush away from the palace. "And before you ask why we don't just use the shadows, I might not be able to do anything else if we do." She said, turning down a dark side alley, hoping to hide there for awhile.

Lightning raced after Shadow Stalker and turned down the ally. He hid behind a barrel, panting he asked."Wha- whats goin on? I didn't see anypony... Why are you so freaked out? And Why can't we see nova yet?" He risked a glance around the barrel to see if anypony had followed them.

"So thats the problem. Could you just....um...y'know...kill them? Or welcome them while I run away in this nifty bubble?" Pinkie asked. Ceberus nodded, and opened her jaws to the two of them.

"So...I'm afraid that you took that weak demon out? Summoned it, perhaps? Well, as the guardian of Taratus and sorta-friend to the Pies, you shall pay!" Ceberus howled, sending out a few of her pups to attack Hirue and Butajiri.

Pinkie, on the meanwhiles, was using her bubble to multi-jump into the air to 'freedom' "WHEEE!~I have to thank that Nova-gal for this!!!" Pinkie yelped.

"Look, Hirue. The pink one thinks we're from the Fade." Butajiri said. "She thinks we're the E class wraiths that this creature is made to fight."Hirue jumped on top of one of the pups and wrapped his tentacles around its neck. "If this pool is strong enough to channel a D class, the Vale must be weak here!" He said. "This is what we have been looking for!"The eyes and mouth on Butajiri's sword glowed. He lifted it into the air and twirled it around his head, creating a screaming and wailing sound. "The Call of the Reaper. It will rip weak non-yokai apart, especially the ones with supersensitive hearing. I, for one, think it sounds like a chior of singing charabs, but what matters is how it sounds to you!"

Ceberus looked at Hirue weirdly.

"Ugh, The Mirror Pond is the opening to basiclly demons in Taratus and to clone yourself. I'm the guardian to make sure NO SINGLE DEMON GETS IN HERE!" Ceberus yelled, attempting to bite Hirues sword, the pups advanching on the changelings. "And we dogs don't ha-WHAT THE HECK IS THIS SOUND?!" Ceberus grumbled, the pups howling because of it, squashing a couple of the changelings.

Pinkie was bouncing above Ponyville, her Element of Laughter lighting the way.

"This bubble is a GEM! Wonder how cebey is doing. Oh well!" Pinkie said, looking down at Shadow and another guy. She gasped, pulled out her Welcome Wagon, and descended down apon them.

Applejack was at the volcano attempting to convince the dragons.

"COME ON. I DIDN'T TRAVEL ALL THE WAY HERE FOR YOUR BABBLING!"

"Yeah? Whats in it for us?"

They kept on arguing.

Rarity smiled. "I think we should find the Crystal Heart - Nova might be after Sombra."

Nova looked back at Chrysalis "When you've gotten the changlings you want to take care of breaking up the Harmony users meet up with us." Nova used her magic to link with Butajiri who had run off "Forget her for now finish up what you need to do and meet me at the Ghastly Gorge we have another player to bring to the table." Nova took off and headed toward the gorge with all her speed and it didn't take her long to get there. She landed just outside the cave that was blocked by a magical seal as she laughed at the feeble attempt to keep anyone from entering or leaving. Her eyes glowed a sinister black as she blasted the seal shattering it easily before heading inside and saw Discord frozen in stone. "Hmm so this is the great Lord of Chaos oh how you fell to your overconfidence to the Harmony users but this time things will be different." Nova walked around the statue a few times then let her horn glow so that she could find her book. Nova linked her mind with one other pony "Shadow I want you to regroup with me at Ghastly Gorge with speed we have a chaotic player to aquire."

Storm felt like something was wrong around the castle as he headed back towards the front of the castle making it to the balcony of the stairway just after Shadow and Lightning made it out of sight. "Hmm must have been my imagination but just to be safe I should go back to Celestia." Dash looked at Celestia in remorse "I'm sorry Princess but a lot of ponies died at the Gala and Nova escaped and captured Shining Armor. Cadence was really hurt bad noponies sure if she'll make it from what the gosip says." Dash the started scraping her hoof on the floor "I'm sorry to say Princess but as far as I know we don't have the Elements and we are all seperated." Storm returned to meet with Celestia and Dash as he bowed "Princess, Dash probably informed you of the situation and as it stands you have no captain until we fill that role please let me help take on some of the responsability of the gaurd."

"I understand." Butajiri replied to Nova. He then broke the link and whispered "Foolish girl."

He stopped twirling his sword, but the horrible sound stayed in the air. "I already feel stronger. This is the place I've been searching for!" He was having difficulty keeping his pony disguise. His teeth grew sharp, jagged and long. His eyes had a yellow tint. "It's like the vale doesn't exist here! That means My sword can do a few new tricks." He held out the banshee Shriek. "Chorus of Ten Thousand Skulls!" Once again his sword channeled out hundreds of small skulls. This time, they were of greater number and their teeth could easily rip flesh. Hirue curled into a ball and formed thick plates on his back as the skulls were notorious for friendly fire issues.

Discord was playing a game with himself in his head. No one ever stops to think that just because the outside of you is stone, everything under the stone still works. The game was simple. Replay in your head how many different ways things could have turned out had he taken the elements of harmony a little more seriously. He was imagining freezing them all in a giant cupcake when something got his attention. Someone had shattered the nearby seal. "Oooooh, whats this now?! Could it be I have a visitor? What fun! By the feeling of it this one seems quite dark. Oh, I hope they aren't all depressing and bent on world domination. Wheres the fun in that?! But still, -any- visitor would be delightful at this point!

Discord waited eagarly for the dark entity to get closer so his muted magic could feel out more information about his guest.

Skullkin's glare simmered into his general apathetic if cold stare.

"I believe that to be a good idea. The crystal empire is sure to have brave warriors on hand. I remember it..." Flashbacks of massacres and suicides, hundreds of thousands of faces and names, histories, deals and bets, fludded his mind with little shots of the crystal empire sneaking their way in.

Twilight could see the pain in his eyes, radiating through his body in slight convulsions. She embraced him tightly.

Fluttershy, having gained her hoofing, inquired about the situation.

"Uuuumm...Twilight I'm not sure what happened...Or who they are...What's going on?"

After a judiciously brief synopsis of the recent events and all thoughts of advancement, Fluttershy nodded and gave a similar report, making rarities plan almost unanimous.

Hank nods "sure we can go there. I think i have been there before, i am not quite sure." He gave a weak smile "So how will we get there? Twilight can you teleport us there or will we have to take the train?" He still had Rarity on his back "do you want down Rarity?" He smiles still

After a few long moments Skullkins body ceases, the convulsions gone. 

Twilight wraps her hooves around him harder, a warm embrace through a cold tide of memory.

"Follow me, we have a long trek ahead of us."

He trotted away, Twilight just next to him, and fluttershy lagging behind.

Rotto was on the opposite side of the alley, and speaking rather loudly. "What the hell is this thing bade of?" He said after tossing the element of honesty on the ground. It had burnt his hand again. He pushed it around with his boot. "How the hell am I supposed to handle this?"

Discord was playing a game with himself in his head. No one ever stops to think that just because the outside of you is stone, everything under the stone still works. The game was simple. Replay in your head how many different ways things could have turned out had he taken the elements of harmony a little more seriously. He was imagining freezing them all in a giant cupcake when something got his attention. Someone had shattered the nearby seal. "Oooooh, whats this now?! Could it be I have a visitor? What fun! By the feeling of it this one seems quite dark. Oh, I hope they aren't all depressing and bent on world domination. Wheres the fun in that?! But still, -any- visitor would be delightful at this point!

Discord waited eagarly for the dark entity to get closer so his muted magic could feel out more information about his guest.

Nova walked around the cave her horn glowing with dark magic before she stopped in front of a part of the cave that looked almost pony made. She grinned evily before moving her head in certain directions making the wall of the cave open up revieling a purple tome with ainchient writing on it. "Ah good it's still in perfect condition andmy spell held as well now to bring the god of Chaos back." Nova placed the book on a rock and flipped through the pages until she found the spell that she was looking for and aimed her horn at Discord. "When the light roams and darkness flees, beyon the darkness light can't see. To see the fear upon lights eyes, when the evil gathers and darkness rise." Nova's eyes and horn glowed a sinister black as she shot a ray of darkness at Discord watchig as it enveloped him and then vanished, soon a crack appeared only small but then another and another. Nova grinned as she watched the statue of him start to break apart once he was free there was only one more key player left.

• Brohoof 1

Nova walked around the cave her horn glowing with dark magic before she stopped in front of a part of the cave that looked almost pony made. She grinned evily before moving her head in certain directions making the wall of the cave open up revieling a purple tome with ainchient writing on it. "Ah good it's still in perfect condition andmy spell held as well now to bring the god of Chaos back." Nova placed the book on a rock and flipped through the pages until she found the spell that she was looking for and aimed her horn at Discord. "When the light roams and darkness flees, beyon the darkness light can't see. To see the fear upon lights eyes, when the evil gathers and darkness rise." Nova's eyes and horn glowed a sinister black as she shot a ray of darkness at Discord watchig as it enveloped him and then vanished, soon a crack appeared only small but then another and another. Nova grinned as she watched the statue of him start to break apart once he was free there was only one more key player left.

The stone cracked and chunks of stone began to fall apart and away from whatever was inside. A bright glow iminated from the statue until finally it burst apart in all direction exposing......nothing.....nothing at all.....Where the statue once stood was nothing more than broken rocks. "Why Nova! How long has it been?!" a voice echoed through out the cave. "I don't think I can even remember that far back. I hope your not surprised I know about you. What kind of Lord of Chaos would I be if I didn't know about YOU dear!. I'm actually quite flattered you know of me, seeing as you've been locked up for so long." Discord suddenly appeared floating above them with a drink in his hand, sipping it up with a twisty straw "So tell me because I'm just DYING to know....What brings you to my less then elegant prison, hmmm?"

Edited by Obsidian_Winter

Lightning raced after Shadow Stalker and turned down the ally. He hid behind a barrel, panting he asked."Wha- whats goin on? I didn't see anypony... Why are you so freaked out? And Why can't we see nova yet?" He risked a glance around the barrel to see if anypony had followed them.

"Looks as if I have been summoned by my master. Lightning, stay by my side and you will have amazing power, that of which you could only dream of, but if you dare turn against me, or join Nova or whoever this other evil she is getting, I will hunt you down and kill you with no mercy." She said. The last sentence was said with no emotion in her voice, and could be told she was telling the absolute truth. "Now let us go." She said, a shadow reforming under her, a few seconds later she and lightning arrived at the place known as Ghastly Gorge.

Pinkie pouted. She was soooooo close to actually saying hello! But her Pinkie Sense allowed her to follow them...

"Fine. But you promise to give us 73% of the riches in Equestria? Or at least Ponyvilles ones?" Garble asked with a sneer. Applejack nodded with absolute hatred on her face.

"Alrigh, now we need a game plan." Applejack said to the dragons. "Since I know ye' like fightin' so much, you get first dibs on ta' fightin'." Appljeack said, with a whooping agree from all of the dragons.

"Kay...so I suggest we KILL THEM ALL!" Smokey said, sending pats on the backs. 

"We need a plan on HOW to kill them all, but yes, you will be able to." Spitfire said with a bit of disgust.

"So, heres the plan:"

Rarity smiled. 

"The Crystal Ponies already evacuaded? The Crystal Heart is a few paces from here, in that room. We should take it and then hide in the Artic. It blends in with the snow." Rarity said.

"Looks as if I have been summoned by my master. Lightning, stay by my side and you will have amazing power, that of which you could only dream of, but if you dare turn against me, or join Nova or whoever this other evil she is getting, I will hunt you down and kill you with no mercy." She said. The last sentence was said with no emotion in her voice, and could be told she was telling the absolute truth. "Now let us go." She said, a shadow reforming under her, a few seconds later she and lightning arrived at the place known as Ghastly Gorge.

Lightning was getting used to shadow travel, the tight grip of the shadows and the insufferable madness brought by total darkness. When they arrived at their destination Lightning fell to his knees breathless. He coughed a few times and stood up taking in his surroundings. They were in a dimly lit cave the only light source was coming from a Alicorn's horn. Lightning didn't recognize the Alicorn, she was none of the princesses then realization dawned upon him. He was looking at Nova. Another figure caught his eye, Discord god of chaos was floating above Nova drinking a dark drinking through... a twisty straw? "N-Nova and  Discord?" he stutered loud enough for anyone to hear him if they were paying attention.

Pinkie pouted. She was soooooo close to actually saying hello! But her Pinkie Sense allowed her to follow them...

"Fine. But you promise to give us 73% of the riches in Equestria? Or at least Ponyvilles ones?" Garble asked with a sneer. Applejack nodded with absolute hatred on her face.

"Alrigh, now we need a game plan." Applejack said to the dragons. "Since I know ye' like fightin' so much, you get first dibs on ta' fightin'." Appljeack said, with a whooping agree from all of the dragons.

"Kay...so I suggest we KILL THEM ALL!" Smokey said, sending pats on the backs. 

"We need a plan on HOW to kill them all, but yes, you will be able to." Spitfire said with a bit of disgust.

"So, heres the plan:"

Rarity smiled. 

"The Crystal Ponies already evacuaded? The Crystal Heart is a few paces from here, in that room. We should take it and then hide in the Artic. It blends in with the snow." Rarity said.

(I'm just going to repeat the last post that you didn't respond to.)

"I understand." Butajiri replied to Nova. He then broke the link and whispered "Foolish girl."He stopped twirling his sword, but the horrible sound stayed in the air. "I already feel stronger. This is the place I've been searching for!" He was having difficulty keeping his pony disguise. His teeth grew sharp, jagged and long. His eyes had a yellow tint. "It's like the vale doesn't exist here! That means My sword can do a few new tricks." He held out the banshee Shriek. "Chorus of Ten Thousand Skulls!" Once again his sword channeled out hundreds of small skulls. This time, they were of greater number and their teeth could easily rip flesh. Hirue curled into a ball and formed thick plates on his back as the skulls were notorious for friendly fire issues.