open Equestria's Darkest Hour

Flareon

Twilight throws her hoof around Hank, Skullkin glaring at him to make sure no sultry movements were made.

"You can stick with us! If thats good with you rarity?"

(I'm not sure where fluttershy is so god mod her over here as per Our need)

Fluttershys head spun as she was warped over to the group

"Sure..." Rarity mumbled, still pretty passed out.

"Whew! Got 'ere, okay so I think the Wonderbolt's got in 'ere for some sort of show? Aw, it ain't matter. Sp, anyway, sugar, i'll go an' ask them fer' support." Applejack said, still attempting to get her ooves used to the cloudly surface of Los Pegasus.

Pinkie Pie grumbled. Great. A button. A...big red button.

Pinkie Pie's ear twitched.

"Twitchy twitch a twitchy twitch." Pinkie said, then smiled.

"Oh! My ear is TWITCHING! MY EAR IS TWITCHTING! And you know what that means!" Pinkie said, getting right in Rotto's face. The other Pinkie's shuddered in fear.

Edited by Shift

"I don't care about your involuntary muscle spasms! Here's how this is gonna go. I'm going to cut off your head, and if you move, it's bye bye Spike!" Rotto said. He morphed his middle finger on his right hand into a blade again and lunged at the real Pinkie, aiming for her throat.

Pinkie Pie jumped out of the way, laughing. "That means that the pony that i'm looking at is standing on a pit and I should suggest to them to jump out of the way!

Suddenly, the ground below Rotto opened up, and revealed to be a small pit. Pinkie smiled, and then she grabbed the button while he was distracted.

"Thank you! And gee, what does this button do? Does it...hmm...Make a party?"

"PARTY!"

"PRESS IT!"

"Nah, maybe...I can fiddle with it!"

"YEAH!"

"Where's the FIDDLE?!"

"But Trumpets are better..."

Shadow Stalker turned around, a little surprised anypony was talking to her. Most ponies ignored her because of how she looked, and she was normally hiding. "What the buck do you want." She asked, annoyed. "Do you want in the store, because trust me, there is nothing of interest in there.

Shadow Stalker turned around, a little surprised anypony was talking to her. Most ponies ignored her because of how she looked, and she was normally hiding. "What the buck do you want." She asked, annoyed. "Do you want in the store, because trust me, there is nothing of interest in there.

A little shocked at the tone of the strange mare's response, he became a little ticked."Yeah I kinda wanna get into the store, it's my job." He said anger in his voice, he motioned to the mail pouch on his side. "Now if You'll excuse me I need to deliver this package." He pushed by the mare and went into the store, dropped the package off and left.

Hank smiles "thanks twilight, so i guess we will be sticking together." He looks at skullkin seeing his glare. "you might think i will be doing something really crazy, or evil.. i won't i am a nice pony." He smiles and hugs twilight "where should we go?" He smiles hearing Rarity talk "at least Rarity is ok."

"Now, now if it isn't Nova, the black star of Equestria.", Chrysalis' voice buzzed trough the air, "You wouldn't think I would let an opportunity like this go past me now would you." The insect like creature set her feet down, making the fluttering stop. The occasional twitch was still present. "I have heard a lot about you...", she then proclaimed. A damped buzzing could be heard behind her, further down the cave. "What brings both of you here?", her tone was difficult to discern, but it seemed as she was interrupted in something.

(( I am still catching up with the story, sorry for any inconsistencies! ))

Nova chuckled as she walked in using her magic to light a few torches revealing the shapshifters hidden inside the dark "Well Chrysalis I didn't think you would show up, but you seem to have proven me wrong. This is Chrysalis Queen of the Changlings Hirue and she is going to help to conqure Equestria. In return she and the rest of the changelings will get all the ponies they want to feed on." Nova walked deeper into the cave getting closer to Chrysalis, giving her a wicked grin the thought of taking over Equestria "Are you and the rest of your kind ready?"

Storm woke up in his bed climbing out and looking around when he saw Dash laying in his bed and was surprised "I guess that really did happen." Storm walked over and ran his hoof through her mane waking Dash up "Wh...Storm what? Oh my...I...um heh did that really happen last night?" Storm could see Dash blushing a deep red obviously embarassed about the situation, while she got up and fixed her mane. "Dash it's ok with everything that just happened is something that we both needed. We should go see Celestia both to make sure she's okay and so that I can go over what places might be attacked first." Dash nodded as she followed Storm outside as they took off, Dash kept looking at Storm after last night she was starting to get weird feelings that wasn't sure if it was cool or not. "I hope the princess is doing alright she took quite a beating last night." Once they landed they could see guards and medical ponies taking care of the dead, Luna stood there directing the guard as she saw Storm and Dash land letting them pass to go see Celestia.

A shadow came up for a few seconds blocking the ponys way. "Did you really just push me?" She asked, her voice rising with each word. "No pony, and I mean no pony, pushes around Shadow Stalker and gets away with it." She walked over to where the pony was now standing and stopped in front of him. "What do you have to say about that?" She yelled at him, the shadow falling from in front of him.

A shadow came up for a few seconds blocking the ponys way. "Did you really just push me?" She asked, her voice rising with each word. "No pony, and I mean no pony, pushes around Shadow Stalker and gets away with it." She walked over to where the pony was now standing and stopped in front of him. "What do you have to say about that?" She yelled at him, the shadow falling from in front of him.

Shocked, confused, and somewhat intrigued about what just happened Lightning started to stutter. "I-I uh wait how'd you do that?!" awe crept into his voice. "That was freaking AWESOME!" Lightning was dumbstruck at the ability of the black unicorn and found himself staring at her.

Rotto grabbed onto a root with his left hand and dangled from the side of the pit. "Give that back!" He commanded. "That's not a play thing, you stupid pony!" He stried to pull himself back up.

"If this thing you're talking to turns out to be another pony, I'm just gonn kill it." Hirue said. "I'm tired of working with your kind. This had better be different."

"Hmm...Nah. But I ALWAYS help a friend in need, so, here, lemme help you up." Pinie said, reaching out her hoof and pulling Rotto up.

"Y'know...um...I'm keeping you're button, but you can have this Element of Honesty necklace! You seeemed interested~" Pinkie told Rotto with a smile.

Shocked, confused, and somewhat intrigued about what just happened Lightning started to stutter. "I-I uh wait how'd you do that?!" awe crept into his voice. "That was freaking AWESOME!" Lightning was dumbstruck at the ability of the black unicorn and found himself staring at her.

"You seem rather surprised by that. Do you still wish to hurt me, or would you rather join me?" She asked. "If you join me, you would answer to me, you would be calling a pony named Nova your leader, but you would have to answer to me. If you do join me, I might be able to tell you how I did it, otherwise..." She said, stopping before she finished as a small piece of the shadow was now forming into an arrow, and the arrow was pointed at the pony.

Nova chuckled as she walked in using her magic to light a few torches revealing the shapshifters hidden inside the dark "Well Chrysalis I didn't think you would show up, but you seem to have proven me wrong. This is Chrysalis Queen of the Changlings Hirue and she is going to help to conqure Equestria. In return she and the rest of the changelings will get all the ponies they want to feed on." Nova walked deeper into the cave getting closer to Chrysalis, giving her a wicked grin the thought of taking over Equestria "Are you and the rest of your kind ready?"

Chrysalis' wings whirred with excitement for a moment, "We are indeed ready". The humming got louder and louder inside the cave until she stamped once with one of her fragile looking feet making it stop. "You shall feast soon enough, but for now, restrain yourself or. Face. The. Consequences". One of her changelings tried to get out earlier than the others. It didn't seem very bright and as soon as it tried to pass by Chrysalis her eyes glowed for a short instant before the small sized bug fell down. Dead, or at least knocked out. With a whip of magic she threw it back into the cave, where one could only hear more whirring before it ceased again. "What are your... prrrimary objectives?" Chrysalis had turned her attention back to her earlier... guests.

"You seem rather surprised by that. Do you still wish to hurt me, or would you rather join me?" She asked. "If you join me, you would answer to me, you would be calling a pony named Nova your leader, but you would have to answer to me. If you do join me, I might be able to tell you how I did it, otherwise..." She said, stopping before she finished as a small piece of the shadow was now forming into an arrow, and the arrow was pointed at the pony.

"Nova....?" The name rang a bell though he was not sure where he heard it. He glanced at the arrow pointed at him and sighed "Well I suppose I don't have a choice do I?" An eerie grin spread across his face his eye twitched as Novas name ran trough his brain once more. "Well this will be fun wont it my lady. I would love to be at your side in your quests." Edited by Pr3datorTaco

Chrysalis' wings whirred with excitement for a moment, "We are indeed ready". The humming got louder and louder inside the cave until she stamped once with one of her fragile looking feet making it stop. "You shall feast soon enough, but for now, restrain yourself or. Face. The. Consequences". One of her changelings tried to get out earlier than the others. It didn't seem very bright and as soon as it tried to pass by Chrysalis her eyes glowed for a short instant before the small sized bug fell down. Dead, or at least knocked out. With a whip of magic she threw it back into the cave, where one could only hear more whirring before it ceased again. "What are your... prrrimary objectives?" Chrysalis had turned her attention back to her earlier... guests.

Nova looked behind Chrysalis seeing the other changelings seeing them sitting down licking their lips anxiously wanting to go out and feed. "I will remove those that are impure but first we need to gather the rest of my generals, the lord of Chaos, and the King of Darkness. Once they are retrived we will march on Equestria and rule in fear and darkness once the lands are purged." She walked back and forth for a moment extending her wings letting them stretch before using her magic to make a map appear and unfolding it. "My castle will be fully restored soon but first we need to go here to the cave of Disharmony to recover Discord and then to the Crystal Empire to pull Sombra out of the Crystal Heart." It would be quite a trip to recover those that they needed but well worth it.

"We don't need them!" Hirue exclaimed. "This is rediculous!"

"I hate to agree with the idiot," Butajiri began. "But Hirue is right. This entire hive doesn't have enough Spiritual Power to lift a spoon, and I doubt the others will be any more impressive. You should stop hunting down these D class runts. If we can break the Vail, I'll be able to give you thousands of demons more powerful than this entire hive. Just set your sights on what's important."

Nova looked behind Chrysalis seeing the other changelings seeing them sitting down licking their lips anxiously wanting to go out and feed. "I will remove those that are impure but first we need to gather the rest of my generals, the lord of Chaos, and the King of Darkness. Once they are retrived we will march on Equestria and rule in fear and darkness once the lands are purged." She walked back and forth for a moment extending her wings letting them stretch before using her magic to make a map appear and unfolding it. "My castle will be fully restored soon but first we need to go here to the cave of Disharmony to recover Discord and then to the Crystal Empire to pull Sombra out of the Crystal Heart." It would be quite a trip to recover those that they needed but well worth it.

"Ooh... they are still around?", Chrysalis' eyes grew slightly bigger, keen with interest. "So their essence prevailed?", she chuckled lowly, "This is... good news.". She then continued asking: "How do you plan to give them a body? Their bodies are either ethereal or set in stone. Both unfit for longer existence." Chrysalis' tail twitched a bit with excitement, this could indeed mean a new start for her and her offspring. Even if thrown out by the love of Shining Armor and the Crystal Princess, she did not loose too much of her own power. "What do you plan to do with the elements as well as the pony of love? They are dangerous assets, loyal to Celestia."

"Ooh... they are still around?", Chrysalis' eyes grew slightly bigger, keen with interest. "So their essence prevailed?", she chuckled lowly, "This is... good news.". She then continued asking: "How do you plan to give them a body? Their bodies are either ethereal or set in stone. Both unfit for longer existence." Chrysalis' tail twitched a bit with excitement, this could indeed mean a new start for her and her offspring. Even if thrown out by the love of Shining Armor and the Crystal Princess, she did not loose too much of her own power. "What do you plan to do with the elements as well as the pony of love? They are dangerous assets, loyal to Celestia."

"I don't think you're listening." Butajiri said after unsheathing his blade and pointing it at the queen. "We don't need you. Finding you was a waist of time. I don't know what Nova finds important about you, but you barely register! A D class isn't worth this kind of trouble."

The other pinkie's thrust the Element of Honesty in Rotto's hoof, smiled, and then bounced away.

The real Pinkie was already on her way down the the Everfree. Her Sore Eye meant somepony was visiting someplace near her pool. She ran down to the Everfree with her unmatchable speed, and then poked her head inside of the Mirror Pool. Yep, completly fine. But then, what the hay was it?

She looked to the right next to her hole to find another opening, and she walked inside [unaware that she walked into the changeling's hive.]

"Helloooo? Anypony there? I-It's Pinkie Pie...NOPONY TRIES TO GET NEAR MY MIRROR POOL! Well, um, hello? Par-ty?" Pinkie said, approching the room where Nova, Butajiri, and the rest were. Her Element of Laughter shined the way through, creating a light that could be unmistakably recognized as a bubbly, cheerful Element of Laughter light, shining fear in evil, but granting hope to the good.

"I'M TELLIN' YA!" Applejack yelled at Spitfire, who was listening to their plan. Spitfire already agreed to help, but Applejack's place was a bit far-fetched.

"Applejack, honey, we can't possible recruit the dragons."

"YA' GOTTA!"

"...But they won't listen!"

"Ya gotta try..."

"Or else?"

"Or else Nova will get the most powerful force in all of Equestria on her side! Dragons are devastating, one almost destroyed Ponyville, and we need to recruit them before she does or else we're doomed! NO FORCE IN EQUESTRIA, NOT EVEN' CELESTIA CAN STOP THOSE DRAGONS!" Applejack yelled at Spitfire. Spitfire gaped.

"Fine..." Spitfire told Applejack.

Rarity woke up with a start.

"SNORT?!"

"Oh, sorry dears, I'm pretty out...Goodness, where did Nova run off to? Are we still in the Crystal Palace?" Rarity asked Hank with a sigh.

(Rotto didn't have a hoof. He has hands.)

Rotto clenched the necklace and trailed the pinkies from afar. His hand that he used to hold the element became sore.

The element gave Butajiri and Hirue headaches, an effect the elements had on pure demons. Hirue clenched his head and moaned, but Butajiri was able to act like nothing was wrong.

"Something's wrong!" Butajiri said.

"I know this headache." Said Hirue. "Someone is using a demon whistle!"

"Yes, accept demon whistles make noise." Butajiri scoffed. "This is something else, you dumb slug."

"Of course you can come with me, for now, let us head back to Canterlot, I hope you are not afraid of shadows." She said, a black shadow forming under both of them, from which they fell though. For ponies not used to it, it was worse than death, tight, dark, cramped, barely able to breath. It was one of the reason's why she loved it. It might have felt like forever, but only a few seconds later they were in Canterlot, in front of the gates to the castle. "I do hope you enjoyed that ride." She said.

Celestia awoke suddenly. She looked around, still feeling like she was in combat. She looked around, everypony around her appeared safe for the moment. She limped out of the room, hoping to figure out where Nova had gone, as she could not feel any evil presence within the castle.

Edited by Red

"Of course you can come with me, for now, let us head back to Canterlot, I hope you are not afraid of shadows." She said, a black shadow forming under both of them, from which they fell though. For ponies not used to it, it was worse than death, tight, dark, cramped, barely able to breath. It was one of the reason's why she loved it. It might have felt like forever, but only a few seconds later they were in Canterlot, in front of the gates to the castle. "I do hope you enjoyed that ride." She said.

The shadows griped him sucking him down, squeezing him till he felt like he was gonna pop, the air was ripped from his lungs. when they arrived in Canterlot he fell to the ground wheezing trying to regain his breath. "tha*cough cough* that was exhilarating! I felt like I was going to pop like a balloon! So is this where Nova is? I'm dieing to meet her." He laughed at his own dark joke.

[Applejack is in Los Pegasus.]

Pinkie Pie hopped in and looked at Butajiri and Hirue and Chrysalis and Nova and the gang. She hopped on Hirue's head with amazement.

"Demon Whistle? What's a...demon whistle? HEYYYY! Is it this?" Pinkie asked Hirue, pointing to her necklace. "It's the Element of Laughter! I got 'em all from the castle, except Generosity, can't seem to find that one. Oh, and I gave the Honesty one to this weird guy! He seemed down and all, and after all, he was about to fall into a pit because I didn't warn him. He needed some kindness, or something to turn that frown upside-down! If you wanna know, I'm Pinkamena Diane Pie, Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Responsibility Pie, Party Thrower Extrodinare, or the Element of Laughter!" Pinkie said with a giggle.

"I just wish to know WHY you are so near my mirror pool! Like, really. Can a pony come here and clone in peace? Heyy...I know you..." Pinkie said, pointing to Chrysalis. "You;re Queen Meanie! Hey! Look! A changeling! DO ME, DO ME!" Pinkie said, hopping in front of the changelings with a smile on her face, laughing, acting as if nothing is wrong.

Edited by Shift