Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trainloads of Moderators Episode I: A New Hope

Zoop

This is great! You guys aren't spread so thin anymore. Though, one question, did you guys replace all the mods you lost? It seems like you lost more than you replaced

I think we've lost about nine moderators since the original 'Boatloads' recruiting spree, so this is only about half of what we lost - we'll be bringing some more folks on in the near future though (thus the 'episode I' in the thread title ;) )

• Brohoof 3

I was wondering who were gonna be chosen to be the new Section Mods. Good thing you didn't choose me. I wouldn't have done jack-shit. Plus, I feel like I wouldn't get along with the others on mod-like subjects :P.

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 2

So what about Kyronea? I never really saw him post at all and now he left. Ezynell, I haven't really seen around. Devin was just slowed, but he still posted. Scootacool I think I remember him making very long post before. Haven't really seen him all that much either, except for the technical side of the forum.

In fact, haven't really been seeing anyone who is an old time member been around and discussing...kinda weird...

I don't recall Kyronea being that active at all. He was just very intelligent and knew how to deal with problems in the forum. He was, and still is a great helping hand!

I don't know what happened to Ezynell, but i really don't think his spot as a moderator had anything to do with him leaving. If it was, he would have left it a long time ago and he would be active now, since he is no longer a moderator,

I think we've lost about nine moderators since the original 'Boatloads' recruiting spree, so this is only about half of what we lost - we'll be bringing some more folks on in the near future though (thus the 'episode I' in the thread title ;) )

Spoiler alert: I become mod! :D

...Ok, I don't. That would be a horrible, horrible decision. Especially with parental control. I can barely report anyone to begin with.

Though, I am kinda worried that even more people I look up to are going to be too busy with their duties. Hopefully, the more mods truly will keep every pony from being too busy.

Edited by Autumn RaccoonBL

I was wondering who were gonna be chosen to be the new Section Mods. Good thing you didn't choose me. I wouldn't have done jack-shit. Plus, I feel like I wouldn't get along with the others on mod-like subjects :P.

That honesty. You do pretty well for an Applejack fan.

So, is any mod here gonna use their clairvoyance to predict the start of Season 3? Surely you are all acquainted with the Hasbro executives...

• Brohoof 1

I don't see a name up there that I disagree with so I'm happy with this! Congrats to everyone on that list up there! I mean Chaotic and Chigens were both deserving of this, so I'm glad they got this.

• Brohoof 3

Well it is an honor to be taken on to such a position. I thank the moderating team for giving me a chance.

I will try my best to not let anyone down. :)

Just try not have a slower pace of posting and you won't let me down. :)

Like I said, happy for everyone. Can't wait to see who becomes next moderators.

Hope everything goes well!

I just am not looking forward to those automated messages, those always were kind of awkward to see. :/

Well it is an honor to be taken on to such a position. I thank the moderating team for giving me a chance.

I will try my best to not let anyone down. :)

Finally you posted

I was wondering when you would stop continuously lurking the thread and just make a post :P. I am sure the interests of the snake ponies will be secured in the Oval Office Feld0's Fortres Starswirl's.

I'd like to personally hand out my congratulations and welcome to the new members of the staff. I have high hopes for all of you, and I don't have the sense that you will let us down. We really do appreciate your cooperation and willingness to come aboard---even if you must swear an oath of loyalty to Feld0.

Seriously, congrats! We're pleased to have you as members of our little family. :)

• Brohoof 2

So, what'll it be first, ~Chaotic Discord~? Chocolate rain showering all over Show Discussion? Soapy, slippery roads outside of Sugarcube Corner? Upside-down houses at General Discussion?

I'm pretty pleased to know that the older moderation positions have been handed out to members with the potential to make a big impact on how things are run here! I really do hope that you guys enjoy serving the community like this - by no means will it be a walk in the park, as you now have a sense of responsibility to adhere to as leaders of a booming and expansive forum, but if you're willing to learn and stay focused, you can accomplish a lot of things and have fun with the community at the same time.

I think it actually made your humor grow.

I think mods getting a little too serious is not as common as not posting as often.

It's a just don't see some mods posting anymore unless it's about the forums, and even then, I sometimes don't see them. :/

I have to be honest here, when I was moderator, some of us were pretty scattered and didn't get much out of the section mods save for a few, as people's time on here plummeted after a while which left most of the work to the others to do, and so it was slightly tough to operate effectively as one unit - i.e, one guy was left with some reports to handle because their partners' times on the modchat was very inconsistent. Thankfully with this new unit, things will flow much more smoothly and the communication part will be rock-solid this time around. By the looks of it, the admins picked out some pretty damn good choices! Bill Belichick They know what they're doing.

They will have to start becoming more serious, though - this won't mean a serious shift in personality, but you do have to act professionally since you are now effectively speaking on behalf of the community. That's... unavoidable, I'm afraid. They'll still post like they always do though, no worries. I think I already demonstrated that when making crazy posts on the Random Chat Thread and making all these crazy theories in Show Discussion not too long ago, lol. Thanks Kirby, Star Weaver, and Scootaluna. :lol:

I REALLY like Chaotic Discord's signing, though. He'll be a more than capable replacement to Arylett and/or Klopp, I'm sure of it.

I'd like to personally hand out my congratulations and welcome to the new members of the staff. I have high hopes for all of you, and I don't have the sense that you will let us down. We really do appreciate your cooperation and willingness to come aboard---even if you must swear an oath of loyalty to Feld0.

Seriously, congrats! We're pleased to have you as members of our little family. :)

Did you notice NewCalamity's welcoming post? The jerkface never gave us that sort of a greeting. -_-

Edited by Devin McCourty
  • Brohoof 3

So, what'll it be first, ~Chaotic Discord~? Chocolate rain showering all over Show Discussion? Soapy, slippery roads outside of Sugarcube Corner? Upside-down houses at General Discussion?

I REALLY like Chaotic Discord's signing, though. He'll be a more than capable replacement to Arylett and/or Klopp, I'm sure of it.

None such old hat tricks, dear fellow. Time to fill Zoop's slippers with spontaneous condiments, fill Feld0's office with pencils stuck in the ceiling, and fill the staff room with self-expanding balloons.

And thanks for the compliment, man <3 Joking aside that means a lot.

• Brohoof 4

Well I'm not really against this but wtf?

I don't think we need so many mods.

I'm in a forum that's way bigger than this. It has about 18,000 members.

They have 2 mods and 1 admin. That's it. It works fine.

I don't see why we need so many.

2 mods and Scootacool will handle the day to day operations of the forum. The rest are there so that Feld0 can host Mod Parties and get people to fetch him drinks whenever he pleases. Edited by Whiteshade
  • Brohoof 6

I'm finding that really hard to believe. Out of all those 18,000 members i don't even think 1000 of them are active.

I see this as an upgrade not only to the security of the site, but also makes me happy to see my friends getting promoted.

2 mods and 1 admin could never handle over 500 members, alone.

• Brohoof 2

-

It was also incredible horrible feeling having YOU specifically delete a post of mine.

Though, I'm hoping I can get into less debates to fix this problem, that are too personally anyway, I learned they always end too bad for me.

Just hope I never have a post deleted by any of these people again.

They have 2 mods and 1 admin. That's it. It works fine. I don't see why we need so many.

I am glad to hear that this system works well for them. I offer them my sincere congratulations and best wishes for the future. I for one, however, enjoy having time to actually take part in the community that I help operate. If this place were all work and no fun for me, you can be quite sure that I would have quit long ago. =P

• Brohoof 4

None such old hat tricks, dear fellow. Time to fill Zoop's slippers with spontaneous condiments, fill Feld0's office with pencils stuck in the ceiling, and fill the staff room with self-expanding balloons.

You know, you could have annoyed the heck out of Arylett in the staff room, but sadly she's gone both as a staff member and as a member. I can't recall how many times she's blasted me out of the atmosphere or slapped me. :huh:

Or maybe you can steal Zoop's curry from now on. He doesn't like that.

Edited by Devin McCourty
  • Brohoof 5

Congrats y'all on bein' mods and stuff.

I'm not going to do that cliche where, after a person gets a new responsibility or something, somebody casually talks about how hard said responsibility is, causing the one who got the new responsibility to have second thoughts.

Not really, but I am gonna say that it'll be nice having more mods around, so that it's not just a few mods having to slog through a ton of reports and such like I'm assuming it was for a while there.

I am thankful for this opportunity, I will do my best, and everything I can to help out this forum! Truly is a privilege to be a part of this.

Thank you. :)

AC, your avatar alone is enough to get you onto the staff. Not that it had anything to do with your selection. I mean, we're totally impartial and what not.

I really like Celestia's (wet) mane.

• Brohoof 7

AC, your avatar alone is enough to get you onto the staff. Not that it had anything to do with your selection. I mean, we're totally impartial and what not.

Actually, it should be noted that my initial PM topic to AC read "In recognition of your beautiful avatar" - though I ended up changing it at the last minute. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Actually, it should be noted that my initial PM topic to AC read "In recognition of your beautiful avatar" - though I ended up changing it at the last minute. :lol:

Do all people get an invitation before they become moderators? Because I've heard that some people just became it without them even knowing it.

Do all people get an invitation before they become moderators? Because I've heard that some people just became it without them even knowing it.

All moderators are invited, rather than forced - I think we've had three people so far decline the position, if memory serves correctly.

• Brohoof 2