Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv RUMOR: Genndy Tartakovsky working on Powerpuff Girls Reboot

AegisReflector

Haven't seen a post on this yet. I would have posted it on the PPG Revival Topic, but I think this is actually might make it through.

According to a post made by Genndy on Reddit, he has acquired the rights to the Powerpuff Girls franchise and has said he would like IS making a reboot series that could have a potential 2013 release.

Here's the original Reddit post:

http://www.reddit.co...ector_of_hotel/

Edited by AegisReflector
  • Brohoof 2

Reddit? Hahahahaha. No.

But seriously, like I said in my other thread, the network seems to be slowly turning around and recovering from the decline it's had since around 2010. One of the best things they can do is re-run their old shows that made them famous, but making a new, original, and hopefully good show that will skyrocket the channel into epicness once again. I'll have to start watching it more.

The return of Toonami, Cartoon Planet, the Teen Titans mini-series that actually has the old voice actors, and now this. Please let all of this not be just a dream anymore.

Perhaps, it's not like the thought of a reboot displeases me. Though, I first would like to watch that Samurai Jack related project that's he's been planning for a couple of years now.

Perhaps, it's not like the thought of a reboot displeases me. Though, I first would like to watch that Samurai Jack related project that's he's been planning for a couple of years now.

On the Reddot post, he said that he has all the materials ready for the movie to be completed. However, setbacks include waning interest in 2D animated films and financial setbacks for a major studio release.