Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Powerpuff Girls General Thread

Evilshy

I hope it stays politically incorrect with slight racist humor like the old PPG

lol

I want to see this in motion! It's not what I expected, but who cares! We've got all the original voice actors back for more (Tara Strong, Woo!), and I doubt the people bringing the show back want to screw it up! As long as the old vibe is still there, I'm down with this. :D

I generally don't mind the new look. What I'm more worried about is what they'll do with the original plot and ideas. The old PPG, like someone before me had said, contained many politically incorrect jokes and slight racist humour. That's something I definitely don't want to see disappear, but knowing how most people are these days they'd try to get the show taken down as soon as possible if even one little racist comment was made. Look at Jynx from pokemon. ONE little design, people get mad, and then boom her design is officially changed completely.

The new look is fine, but I'm hoping the resolution is higher when it goes live. The 'new' image is awfully pixilated.

They're really pushing the reprise of the VAs, and who the directors and animators are, but I'm more interested in the writing team.

And it's a special rather than a new series, so likely it's being treated as a response-testing pilot. If successful we might see a new series six months afterwards.

This is a real thing? I was shooting down all of the Powerpuff Girls are returning rumors because it was so absurd, and now it's actually happening? Wow.

It was my favorite of the cartoons from my childhood (not by an incredibly wide margin, but you get my point!) so I'll definitely want to watch this!

Edit: Aww... It's just a special. I hope this special is judging whether they should start it back with a new series or not.

Edited by Envy

tumblr_m5h4ricVnW1ro9en2o4_1280.jpg

If you're bringing old shows back... BRING MEGAS XLR BACK! I WANNA SEE COOP AND MEGAS DESTROY NEW JERSEY!

Anyways, this new style is very striking, especially compared to the old style, it's interesting. I really enjoyed Power Puff Girls when I was little, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

• Brohoof 3

I agree with others that think the new design is wonky.  I liked the rather simple doll-like symmetry of the original look.  That said, I'm definitely looking forward to this.  I wonder if Lauren Faust is going to be involved in any way.

• Brohoof 2

I think more than a few of us can find joy in this. Precisely because I believe more than a few of us watched PPG when we were younger. Now that I think about it. Shouldn't have all the neigh-sayers seen this coming when we were a gneration raised on this?

powerpuff_girls_1.jpg

Or this?

Pokemon-pokemon-942814_1024_768.jpg

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

OMG! yay! powerpuff girls were my childhood with some other cartoons! I can't believe they're back and with the same voice actors... lol not that it will matter to me since I used to watch them in spanish since I'm from Mexico but this is so cool!! at last today's kids will get a taste of good old cartoon network! although the animation isn't the same I'm sure the stories and everything won't change! hopefully.

• Brohoof 1

The Powerpuff Girls were a huge part of my childhood. My mom and dad said that they remember me being about four or five and everytime that show would come on, I would get up on their bed and start jumping up and down as I sang the theme song. They laugh everytone they think about it. :lol:

Even though they don't look the same, I know for a fact that they will be just as good as they used to be. :)

I'll have to see the new style in motion before I can form an opinion about it.  It looks like it could be pretty unique and (if done right) artistic, but I'm really not a fan of their... less-than-elliptical heads.

• Brohoof 1

... The new design kinda reminds me of the... well, I think it was a commercial of some sort where the PPG looked different (for example their hands were pointy instead of round). This new style kinda reminds me of that.

That been said, I'm not sure I'll watch this new one. Kinda haven't even watched the old one entirely.

• Brohoof 1

Is it just me, or is the new design a graphical step backwards? 

They looked WAY better before. 

Still though, glad to see they're coming back - even though I don't watch TV anymore I still kinda miss them :P

• Brohoof 1

@@Hansel,

The old style would cost too much to animate with modern standard framerate and it's cheaper to use new animation methods instead of outsourcing to china or India for non japanese anime shows.

I hope it stays politically incorrect with slight racist humor like the old PPG

See, I'm not sure that's the reason. I would find the old designs far easier to animate the the newer ones. The old designs have much more basic shapes which define the body parts very clearly, and the style could be easily translated to any software and almost any animation method, whilst the new designs are much more illustrative and have finer details. They have no outlines, and the outsides of the shapes are all wobbly, which makes consistency difficult, unless they're going for a cut out style, or using symbols like MLP. 

Either that, or this is just promo art and won't actually be the final designs.   

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

This is a dream come true. This was part of my childhood :D Much like Hi-Hi Puffy Ami-Yumi, but that's a different show altogether.

I hope they stay to their roots and that the show doesn't become all gay like they usually do.

Ooo, I'm so excited...I could just burst

mqdefault.jpg

Well yeah, hopefully this isn't a flop and brings forward a new age of PPG. 

Also...

I think more than a few of us can find joy in this. Precisely because I believe more than a few of us watched PPG when we were younger. Now that I think about it. Shouldn't have all the neigh-sayers seen this coming when we were a gneration raised on this?

img-1136193-1-powerpuff_girls_1.jpg

Or this?

img-1136193-2-Pokemon-pokemon-942814_102

Aren't you forgetting something?

Digimon+Anniversary+15th.png

• Brohoof 2

Well, the new style looks kind of awful, but I guess I can't judge a book by it's cover, so I'll be looking forward to seeing this, PPG was a big part of my childhood too, CN in general was :P

Although I grew up with the old Powerpuff Girls, I'm very curious to see how this'll pull off, because....well, I'm still a huge fan of then even though its been years that I've seen an actual episode. Not a fan of the new, but would love to see it just because. Can't wait for that!

• Brohoof 2

Ooo, I'm so excited...I could just burst

img-1136651-1-mqdefault.jpg

Well yeah, hopefully this isn't a flop and brings forward a new age of PPG. 

Also...

Aren't you forgetting something?

img-1136651-4-Digimon%20Anniversary%2015

Certainly not! I loved Digimon! I was just trying to think of something that looked overly cute but still portrayed the cute characters as capable of badass feats. Digimon, for the most part, look like they could damage!

• Brohoof 1

Certainly not! I loved Digimon! I was just trying to think of something that looked overly cute but still portrayed the cute characters as capable of badass feats. Digimon, for the most part, look like they could damage!

I understand, however the In-Training and Rookie Digimon are sooo cure :3 

I could just squeeze Demi-Veemon and Impmon ^^ and to think that they "evolve" or Digivolve (much better) is awesome, I've even adapted my OC to be like a Digimon, where he "Digivolves" (kinda...enters rage mode and changes form but reverts back to normal) and gains abilities. 

• Brohoof 1

One quick look-

NOT a fan of the new style. I think they should've stuck with the old one (they could've tried.)
At least something a little less, block-ish.

Though I grew up with PPG as a kid, maybe it's because I've become attached to the old style.

Maybe it'll be a great turnout. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Brohoof 1

I'll admit, when I saw the new design for the PPG, I was like

WAT. D:

But I shouldn't judge based on how it looks. Still, I wish they could have stuck with the old style. I personally just don't like this style, but hey, maybe I'll get used to it. :) I wonder how it will turn out! I hope it's just as good, or better! I would hate to see PPG girls ruined...I was obsessed with this show when I was little. :P That would be boss if Lauren Faust had her share in this! 

This better not turn out like the anime they did on them...oh god. :P 

Wow this was a surprise. Didn't know PPG was coming back on CN let alone the new art style. I don't really mind the animation since it's going to be the same cast and when I read the press release I became exited. It's going to be like the PPG movie that came out in cinemas years ago!