mega thread MLP:FiM Gameloft App, Friends, and Info

Lost Profile

*gets back on app to add Pink Mist

*has 496 gifts o_o well.. time to clear that out XD this will take awhile. I think I wont leave the app alone for 4 months anymore if it means ill have to get this many gifts. Good side: I havr enough hearts to play the balloon game to my hearts content. Bad side: accept, accept, accept, accept.

I may have found an odd, but useful glitch.  This also might be a known glitch, so sorry if I'm just ignorant.  It was using an Android phone, and for all I know, it's specific to my game.  It's also somewhat difficult to activate.

Anyways, while visiting other people's towns, I was forced out and back to Ponyville (for example, visiting this person's town completed a quest, and it forced me back to my own Ponyville. This might happen while getting achievements as well).  The odd thing now was I had twice the number of quests that I had before.  For some reason, it made a copy of each quest I had and added it to my quest book.  These additional quests are completable, and will disappear once you leave the app.  Now, whenever I try to go to the person's town who I was originally booted out of, this happens again.  Instead of going to their Ponyville, I'm sent back to mine with copies of all my active quests.  Basically, I can get double (or more) the quest rewards.  However, I can never leave a chest in that person's town ever again (sorry Mr_Nutt, whoever you are).

Perhaps even more strange is that if I try to go to this person's town while I'm in Canterlot, I get forced out and back to Ponyville, but now have a copy of all my active quests from Canterlot.  I don't know if these can be completed while in Ponyville.

Anyways, I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Yeah, I've got the same bug, even though with only one person from my friendlist. Never noticed, that you can fulfill  the same quest multiple times. huh.png

Well, I guess I won't use that glitch anyway, because I'm just playing it for fun. (even though I kinda got addicted to it ohmy.png )

I may have found an odd, but useful glitch.  This also might be a known glitch, so sorry if I'm just ignorant.  It was using an Android phone, and for all I know, it's specific to my game.  It's also somewhat difficult to activate.

Anyways, while visiting other people's towns, I was forced out and back to Ponyville (for example, visiting this person's town completed a quest, and it forced me back to my own Ponyville. This might happen while getting achievements as well).  The odd thing now was I had twice the number of quests that I had before.  For some reason, it made a copy of each quest I had and added it to my quest book.  These additional quests are completable, and will disappear once you leave the app.  Now, whenever I try to go to the person's town who I was originally booted out of, this happens again.  Instead of going to their Ponyville, I'm sent back to mine with copies of all my active quests.  Basically, I can get double (or more) the quest rewards.  However, I can never leave a chest in that person's town ever again (sorry Mr_Nutt, whoever you are).

Perhaps even more strange is that if I try to go to this person's town while I'm in Canterlot, I get forced out and back to Ponyville, but now have a copy of all my active quests from Canterlot.  I don't know if these can be completed while in Ponyville.

Anyways, I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else.

I amend my statement, I believe that this is a very dangerous glitch.  I would highly recommend not abusing it.  I believe that it is the reason that my game is now crashing immediately after opening, rendering the game basically unplayable.  I guess that I sort of deserve it, but it still sucks...

That being said, I will not be able to complete my seven days of chest-giving as I had hoped to.  Sorry about that.  Hope that you all enjoyed the chests for five days though!

There was an update If you guys didn't notice. All We get is new quests, Decors, and the equestria Girls Dance Mini-Game. I think the Dance mini-game reminds me of theatrhythm final fantasy except that you need to use 1-2 fingers also the mini-game with a limited time gift which it contains flash sentry and it will last for 2 days if you guys don't get him.

• Brohoof 1

Being the tinker tailor I am, I found this game really easy to exploit in ways I will not make public. However I have since tried multiple times giving up hacking (So far so good) games and such to benefit me and I have tried and trying to play fair. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Not impressed with the quality of the Equestria Girls update.

It immediately asked me to do the new mini game.  Then after doing all three songs (which the taps didn't exactly seem in sync with the song so was less fun that it should be) I find there is a quest I need to activate that is, wait for it, to play the new mini game.  I mean sure its not going to be hard to unlock that but it seems idiotic to have you do the game first THEN show you the quest asking you to do the game.

Dialogue for Magical Mystery Cure plot line is activated when I return to Ponyville.  Problem is, there are characters talking here who I haven't unlocked yet.  Plus, the dialogue is wrong on the on screen popup said Rarity was talking but Fluttershy was, Rarity had not spoken yet.

WTF were they thinking having the EG Stomp live-action song in this?  Where is the REAL Cafeteria song?  You know, the most popular song of the movie.  For now I will assume they will add it in later.

It also seems cheeky they are trying to bribe us into spending money for gems so we can get Flash Sentry as there is no other way I can see of playing the mini game enough to win him.

The gamma setting is wrong on the game now making everything look really washed out, pretty hard to achieve on an OLED screen.

Edited by Alexander Atkin

Well There's another quest involving the dance mini-game, but you have to do it in 1 day before the time wears off. I'm not sure what happens if 1 day passed so it's either fail or reset, but it's mostly reset I believe. You'll get higher score based on the stars you obtained for mane6.

I'm hoping more songs come up and I'm REALLY disappointed helping Twilight win the crown isn't a song in the Equestria girls update. As I hear it is the most popular so I have no idea why it's not there. Either that or it is there and my game is just stupid XD either way I'm enjoying it so far the Rhythm game is quite fun even if only a few songs.

I guess I'm the only one who's got extreme lags since the last update came out, ain't I?

My tablet may not be the most efficient, but before the update came out it was working absolutely fine. Now it's bucking around, when I move over my town and the game freezes for about half a second, every 2 seconds.

The weird thing is that, when I'm turning off my internet connection, it's still bucking, but it doesn't freeze.

Well, guess I'll just have to do it that way, otherwise it's really difficult to play the mini games...especially the rhythm game...

I'm hoping more songs come up and I'm REALLY disappointed helping Twilight win the crown isn't a song in the Equestria girls update. As I hear it is the most popular so I have no idea why it's not there. Either that or it is there and my game is just stupid XD either way I'm enjoying it so far the Rhythm game is quite fun even if only a few songs.

Like I said It reminds me of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy except for the yellow parts, but Most people say and may find it's both Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and DDR Style. Yeah I was hoping for that song too including "this is our big night" song as well.

It's not that easy to get a highest score in the dance mini-game even if you're trying to get flash sentry. I just wish they could give us more time to get us flash sentry and reduce amount of waiting time to play the mini-game.

So I'm using the whole Date/Time changing thing to rack up points on the new minigame. See, each song seems to have some sort of a maximum countdown - so setting the date to some time in the past will always reset them to the same times (which are 3h, 8h, 1d). So you can play a song, set the date back then forward a day and play it again all in the "time limit".

Anyway. So the mystery prizes so far have been 1000 bits and a Well (which other people have found and said), and I've just got the third one...

NppLH5h.png

A large pond!

:areyoukiddingme:

Pffft. I still haven't seen confirmation anywhere that the final is Flash Sentry, but I'll find out soon enough! (EDIT: Oh, I found it. Never mind.) One thing I know for certain is that I'll never manage to get the lyrics to the EG Stomp out of my head.

Another thing I'm trying to get onto is the percentage bonus. It seems completely random but I know my RD keeps a constant 4% so there must be some sort of logic behind it. I know that when selecting a girl it will show first the one with the highest bonus, not including the pony level bonus. So all but one of my mane 6 ponies are at level 5 so they get an extra 10% bonus that the selection doesn't count. It likes trying to give me RD even though she's at level 1 and only gets a 2% on top of her... Song bonus?

It's worth noting that the highest bonus on that selection screen isn't necessarily your best bet.

Edited by FizzL

@@Blue Bay, I've been getting extreme lag too (and frequent crashes), but that started a couple days before the update.

There's an aspect of the new dance game that sort of confuses me.  It's great that they let you choose your character, but if Rainbow Dash gives an inherent bonus of 4% to your score (higher than anyone else), what's the point of using any other character?

@@Blue Bay, I've been getting extreme lag too (and frequent crashes), but that started a couple days before the update.

There's an aspect of the new dance game that sort of confuses me.  It's great that they let you choose your character, but if Rainbow Dash gives an inherent bonus of 4% to your score (higher than anyone else), what's the point of using any other character?

Truth be told, it started lagging a few days before the update in my case as well.

Regarding you question I'd say, that Rainbow Dash as the pony costs the most gems, so most likely people have acquired other members of the mane six before. Because of that they've raised those characters to a higher star level, wich gives them an experience bonus in the end, much higher than those 4%. That's at least what I'd assume.

• Brohoof 1

So that's a couple of hours and several thousand bits I'm never getting back but it was worth it.

Meet Flash Sentry.

iiN8UhM.png

YA GOT BRAD

mOJ7qWQ.png

HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WAIFU

yrGupEC.png

Don't you remember, Flash? Your relationship only existed because... The script called for it... Or something.

Well, that's me for tonight. Happy dancing!

I just went into the song mini-game, paid gems for the bonus, and then the game stopped responding to my touches so not only did I waste those gems I have to wait three hours to play that song again. sad.png  That is bad enough, but with the time-limited bonus its infuriating.

Its a shame, as without the bugs this new mini game is actually good - speaking as a Rock Band/Guitar Hero/Singstar fan.

I think it would be cool if when the CMC get all five stars that they would get their cutie marks also they really need to add babs seed

Well THAT would be a huge spoiler, but as far as we know the writers still haven't decided what their cutie marks are.  That will not be decided until they actually write a story where they get them.

I realise the game isn't strictly speaking canon, but it DOES inherit the plot progression of the show so cutie marks for the CMC would make no sense.

I have not posted in this thread in a good while so a few things.

I need more friend people ponies stuffs. My username is TheUnlikelyOutcome I think. It is so generic that I cannot remember exactly. It should be that. It is a bad name though. Feel free to add me.

Secondly, this new update is neat, but also confusing. I actually like the dance though leaving Helping Twilight Win the Crown out was a mistake to me. The character models look great too. Though, I am confused. I am assuming it is only gems that can allow you to replay songs. With that, it is impossible to get the final prize pony without gem spending. Getting gems is hard enough as is and too many missions require their use, and a lot of it. They really need to add shops that produce gems. There are good ways to do that I am sure. It makes me a little less motivated with it, but I still like the mini-game nonetheless.

Third and this is important, how the hell do you get princess Twilight with this?! I assume it is relate to missions or something so to go along like a story but all I got was the little scene where she finds the book, messes up the Cutie Marks (which don't change sadly) and that is it. Nothing else has happened. Having Twilicorn in this was the main thing I was looking forward, me being obsessed with it and all. Anypony know this mystery? Or am I missing something obvious?

Still, the update is good, it just needs some tweaks on the new things and some kind of gem producer. I get that gems are their way of making the bits but they could perhaps charge a bit for gem producing things. Gameloft needs to get smart with this.

Good news for anyone who might want to play this and cannot already (or want to run it somewhere that will not get lost when you upgrade your phone). 

The game now works in Genymotion, the Android emulator for Windows, Mac and Linux.  Its basically an addon for VirtualBox that offloads the GPU into its own application so Android apps can access the PCs graphics card.  Bottom line, several Android games work and MLP FiM is luckily one of them.

Surprisingly, even the new mini game works as you simply click the left button for a single finger and the right button for two.  If nothing else, its a good way to ensure you get at least one or two hearts a day by gifting them from a second GameLoft account.

I just went into the song mini-game, paid gems for the bonus, and then the game stopped responding to my touches so not only did I waste those gems I have to wait three hours to play that song again. img-1934458-1-sad.png  That is bad enough, but with the time-limited bonus its infuriating.

Its a shame, as without the bugs this new mini game is actually good - speaking as a Rock Band/Guitar Hero/Singstar fan.

Well THAT would be a huge spoiler, but as far as we know the writers still haven't decided what their cutie marks are.  That will not be decided until they actually write a story where they get them.

I realise the game isn't strictly speaking canon, but it DOES inherit the plot progression of the show so cutie marks for the CMC would make no sense.

Trust me I dont expect them to do it but it would still be pretty freakin awesome im focusing more on getting babs seed in the game

You DO need to do that though, in order to earn gems. 

I have to admit, I am going to get annoyed when collecting some of the more expensive characters as I bought a few gems, earned a few trying out some other Android games, and downright cheated to get 100% on my previous game - only to lose the lot just because I upgraded my phone.

Come to think of it, I think I might have to give GameLoft a piece of my mind, because how is it fair to PAY for something and effectively lose it because the save data cannot be transferred between devices?

I've been using this glitch to rack up gems.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/50953-gameloft-mlp-get-3-gems-about-every-5-seconds-2000-gems-every-hour/?hl=gameloft

(Thanks LawfulSmurf for the video link!)

So obviously I have almost maxed out what I can do in this game what with the unlimited gems and all. I haven't gotten the EQG upgrade yet because I worry that the glitch will be fixed with the update. So I'm just wondering if anyone who has the update can tell me if the glitch still works.

So that's a couple of hours and several thousand bits I'm never getting back but it was worth it.

Meet Flash Sentry.

img-1934301-1-iiN8UhM.png

YA GOT BRAD

img-1934301-2-mOJ7qWQ.png

HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WAIFU

img-1934301-3-yrGupEC.png

Don't you remember, Flash? Your relationship only existed because... The script called for it... Or something.

Well, that's me for tonight. Happy dancing!

A couple of hours?  I have been playing for more than a couple of hours doing the time travel glitch to get the timers to reset and haven't quite hit the half way mark.  Quite frankly, I am about ready to drown myself in chocolate rain at this point, its just not worth it.

GameLoft you are complete and utter <insert very offensive term here>.

I have not posted in this thread in a good while so a few things.

I need more friend people ponies stuffs. My username is TheUnlikelyOutcome I think. It is so generic that I cannot remember exactly. It should be that. It is a bad name though. Feel free to add me.

Secondly, this new update is neat, but also confusing. I actually like the dance though leaving Helping Twilight Win the Crown out was a mistake to me. The character models look great too. Though, I am confused. I am assuming it is only gems that can allow you to replay songs. With that, it is impossible to get the final prize pony without gem spending. Getting gems is hard enough as is and too many missions require their use, and a lot of it. They really need to add shops that produce gems. There are good ways to do that I am sure. It makes me a little less motivated with it, but I still like the mini-game nonetheless.

Third and this is important, how the hell do you get princess Twilight with this?! I assume it is relate to missions or something so to go along like a story but all I got was the little scene where she finds the book, messes up the Cutie Marks (which don't change sadly) and that is it. Nothing else has happened. Having Twilicorn in this was the main thing I was looking forward, me being obsessed with it and all. Anypony know this mystery? Or am I missing something obvious?

Still, the update is good, it just needs some tweaks on the new things and some kind of gem producer. I get that gems are their way of making the bits but they could perhaps charge a bit for gem producing things. Gameloft needs to get smart with this.

I don't know about Twilicorn (my guess is that you get her once you complete all the new quests), but as for resetting songs for the dance game, that runs on a timer.  Each song has a different timer, the Opening Theme being 3 hours, EG Stomp is 24, and the other one is somewhere in between.  Like all timers in the game, they let you use gems to skip the wait time, but gems are not necessary in order to replay them.  Hope that this helps!