Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My First pony drawing ever. (I know it is uploaded after my Twilight XD)

TomokoKuroki

Hello, this was the very first pony drawing I produced during my rise to being a brony. I haven't changed her since then and I am thinking on fixing up her eyes, and wing as they look a little funny to me...but here is the very first pony I drew, I give you Fluttershy!! Next up Will Be Celestia, and AppleJack after her. BTW, it took me forever to find her in my big sketch book of like 500 pages.

I hope you like her.

Posted Image

Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 1

I think it looks really good! Nice job Hayze! ;D

Thank you! It took me about 5 hours to get her right If I recall. the wings and mouth area took the longest surprisingly. And I still need to work on the for her and other ponies XD.
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you! It took me about 5 hours to get her right If I recall. the wings and mouth area took the longest surprisingly. And I still need to work on the for her and other ponies XD.

Well in those 5 hours it came out perfectly. And yes, doing the wings is really hard :/. But I can't wait to see the other ponies! ^.^
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well in those 5 hours it came out perfectly. And yes, doing the wings is really hard :/. But I can't wait to see the other ponies! ^.^

Yeah, but the wings will be perfected with more practice. I will be uploading every pony picture I draw, so I hope you will like them :D. My goal is one pony a week at least. Maybe 2 if I don't have too much on my plate from school. Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 1

Well you did a perfect job with the legs and wings, but practice does make perfect. And ooo I can't wait! Psh of course I'll like them! I'm not gonna be a jerk and say you did a terrible job so don't worry! ;D And I usually draw one like every two days, but I hope you stay on that goal and make some awesome drawings of the other ponies! ^.^

• Brohoof 1

Well you did a perfect job with the legs and wings, but practice does make perfect. And ooo I can't wait! Psh of course I'll like them! I'm not gonna be a jerk and say you did a terrible job so don't worry! ;D And I usually draw one like every two days, but I hope you stay on that goal and make some awesome drawings of the other ponies! ^.^

Thanks a lot for expressing your approval of the drawing :D Only makes me want to draw even more ponies! But school comes first....then pony goodness!

Thanks a lot for expressing your approval of the drawing :D Only makes me want to draw even more ponies! But school comes first....then pony goodness!

Well of course school first...but don't get distracted thinking about drawing ponies all day! ;) Then when you're done you can draw all you want! :D
  • Brohoof 1

Well of course school first...but don't get distracted thinking about drawing ponies all day! ;) Then when you're done you can draw all you want! :D

Of course, haha. It feels really good producing some artwork for a community, I never have until This and Twilight.
  • Brohoof 1

Of course, haha. It feels really good producing some artwork for a community, I never have until This and Twilight.

I have the same feeling. I have never felt so happy drawing what I love. All 'dem ponies lol! :D Like right now I'm finshing up my Rarity picture and I can't wait to post it up on here! :D Good luck on Twilight. I hope it turns out excellente! ;)

I have the same feeling. I have never felt so happy drawing what I love. All 'dem ponies lol! :D Like right now I'm finshing up my Rarity picture and I can't wait to post it up on here! :D Good luck on Twilight. I hope it turns out excellente! ;)

I already uploaded my Twilight image, it was this one.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/3343-insane-twilight-sparkle-finished/

I can't wait to see your Rarity!

• Brohoof 1

I already uploaded my Twilight image, it was this one.

http://mlpforums.com...arkle-finished/

I can't wait to see your Rarity!

Ohhhh. Ok because I did see the first one before you shaded it in. I see it turned out great! :D And me too it's coming along great just need to add a little color and it should be done! Edited by Fluttershy92

Ohhhh. Ok because I did see the first one before you shaded it in. I see it turned out great! :D And me too it's coming along great just need to add a little color and it should be done!

I haven't learned how to shade properly with color...for some reason I find it difficult, so I just stick to black n' white when it comes to shading. I trained with charcoal and pencil smudging, so I have no idea how to that with colors yet :(.

I haven't learned how to shade properly with color...for some reason I find it difficult, so I just stick to black n' white when it comes to shading. I trained with charcoal and pencil smudging, so I have no idea how to that with colors yet :(.

Same here, I can't shade properly even with a black and white drawings. It is difficult, and really frustrating at times. The color smudging will be hard, but remember: Practice makes perfect. Try doing that on practice pictures to learn how to do it and then try on a picture you want to really look good. That's my suggestion. Or you could try other tips from other people your choice. ;)

(edited)

Same here, I can't shade properly even with a black and white drawings. It is difficult, and really frustrating at times. The color smudging will be hard, but remember: Practice makes perfect. Try doing that on practice pictures to learn how to do it and then try on a picture you want to really look good. That's my suggestion. Or you could try other tips from other people your choice. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking on going to some visual art workshops specifically dealing with shading to hone my skills more. But I do like my black n' white stuff, I've always been drawn into some of them. I think Black and white does insane Twilight justice ;).

I do want to try colored versions of that specific drawing though, But I'll probably end up trying that on older drawings I haven't colored, or small doodles anypony could muster up just for practice.

Edited by Hayze

Yeah, I was thinking on going to some visual art workshops specifically dealing with shading to hone my skills more. But I do like my black n' white stuff, I've always been drawn into some of them. I think Black and white does insane Twilight justice ;).

I do want to try colored versions of that specific drawing though, But I'll probably end up trying that on older drawings I haven't colored, or small doodles anypony could muster up just for practice.

Me and my mom considered me going to some art classes at the junior college I went to to also help my drawing skills better. I also love my black and white drawings, but people have been asking me to bring some color to them. So now I color them, and yes, the black and white drawings of Twilight look more evilish when she's black and white >:].

Me and my mom considered me going to some art classes at the junior college I went to to also help my drawing skills better. I also love my black and white drawings, but people have been asking me to bring some color to them. So now I color them, and yes, the black and white drawings of Twilight look more evilish when she's black and white >:].

It is always good to bring variety to your art. Bouncing between black and white, to color, to abstract, to still life is all really good to show. It presents your talent in a wider horizon in many forms of visual art than just one. I specialize in Anime, animals (Except wolves and other furry things like them), characters from shows, games and movies, and of abstract things.

It is always good to bring variety to your art. Bouncing between black and white, to color, to abstract, to still life is all really good to show. It presents your talent in a wider horizon in many forms of visual art than just one. I specialize in Anime, animals (Except wolves and other furry things like them), characters from shows, games and movies, and of abstract things.

Exactly. If you color certain drawings just right, it brings out a brighter picture and you can admire it fully. I just started drawing ponies mostly; I've tried drawing people and other things, but I could never make them look right. You have an awesome talent drawing all those things. (: