Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming [Gaming] The Team Fortress 2 Thread

Ron Jeremy

Why doesn't anypony ever wanna play on the MLPforums server anymore? :(

It may be the map rotation. Those maps are getting a bit old to some ponies i think :P I'd personally play more but i've been playing other games lately :(

It may be the map rotation. Those maps are getting a bit old to some ponies i think :P I'd personally play more but i've been playing other games lately :(

I guess that makes sense. The same maps over and over can get boring. I'd love to see a huge map update, with maps people actually play.

Traded my vintage Conniver's Kunai to Platinum Rook today. Gave him a deal on it, too. :3 I think it's safe to say that next weapon update, I'll be capable of crafting most, if not all, of the weapons they add. Kind of funny, my relationship with a weapon update would be a love-hate one: While I hate unbalanced weapons, which most of them would probably be, I also like collecting weapons, and my inventory is almost full now because I'm hoarding weapon drops in anticipation of an update. I could use some of my refined metals to craft random hats, but then what if I need them for something else?... :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

New update brings the Liquor Locker.

Posted Image

Wear this either on his back or his sides.

He apparently uses it to store the rum.

Yohoho! And a bottle'o rum!

• Brohoof 1

^Agh, you reminded me. I usually copy/paste the update notice from the blog and post it here.

Team Fortress 2 Update Released

June 11, 2012 - TF2 Team

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Added The Liquor Locker
  • Fixed a rare case where the offensive/defensive buff particle effects could get stuck on players
  • Fixed the Spy's cloak effect not working properly for The Texas Half-Pants and the Something Special For Someone Special
  • Fixed the Gentle Manne's Service Medal not being drawn when equipped
  • Updated some of the localization files

With that done, screenshot time. Clickable link because it's huge.

That's right, I have a Professor Speks now. I wanted an item from the Mann. Co store, and I decided that instead of buying it on my account, I could make an alt and buy it on that so it becomes premium. So I now have a spare account for... spare account stuff. ;)

(edited)

I have 3 Users helped on my Professor Speks, Ouker being one of them. ;)

Getting the Speks legit is for hipsters. ^_^

Edit: Holy hay. I have to brag about this. So I was gone all day, and decided to leave my newly-created alt idling, and these dropped.

Holy hay. Of the first five items that dropped, two of them aren't common: Conscientious objector, which I'll hang on in the hopes a decal tool drops, and a Heavy Duty Rag, one of the hats I always wanted, and will probably be my new Heavy hat. AND THESE ARE SOME OF THE FIRST DROPS.

It seems the gods of TF2 are pleased with my idling.

Edited by King K. Roop

I like this game, but I'm terrible at it. I'm trying to play the Pyro, but to no avail.

Keep playing, practice is all good!

When it comes to pyro, my number one hint is:

Don't listen to hateful comments like

"Noob pyro easy class"

"W + M1" ( Walking and just flaming on )

~~More hints regarding pyro~~

The other is to remember it is Team Fortress 2 - Pyro using any flamethrower except the phlogistinator can extinguish burning teammates with a right click with his flamethrower. Be a teammate, and put out flaming friends.

At the same time, don't be afraid to puff some fire on teammates - Pyro excels at spychecking; a single puff is enough to ignite spies rendering their cloak and disguise useless. Spies have a few ways of fighting back against it, being the dead ringer that fakes their death and the spy-cicle that extinguishes them and cause fire immunity for 2 seconds.

Engineers loves friendly pyros due to their spycheck ability. If equipped with a homewrecker, you can knock off sappers from engineer buildings should he get killed from a spy and have his buildings sapped. Quite the babysitter!

Flanking and using low traffic areas to reach your enemies can be vital to success, being that Pyro is an ambush class and a close-quarter combat one. Your greatest weakness is your range, having only the flaregun being a longe range slow projectile.

The flamethrowers airblast reflects projectiles, practice with that can earn you very nasty kills ( and save yourself ), like rockets, sticky bombs, grenades.. even thrown items like jarate and mad milk and more.

Puff 'n sting is the tactic when a pyro puffs fire on an enemy, shortly afterwards smacking him with the axtinguisher/postal pummeler, making for a guaranteed critical hit. The melee hit on a burning foe is 195 - Anypony not a heavy or a pyro will be instantly killed.

It is worth mentioning that the flaregun works the same way; except it deals 90 damage - difference being it is ranged.

• Brohoof 2

^ Hey, thanks for that. I'm using the Degreaser right now along with the regular shotgun and that volcano axe (forgot it's name). I usually go like 20 kills - 20 deaths.

I never use the shotgun unless I'm finishing off someone though.

^ Hey, thanks for that. I'm using the Degreaser right now along with the regular shotgun and that volcano axe (forgot it's name). I usually go like 20 kills - 20 deaths.

I never use the shotgun unless I'm finishing off someone though.

Since you're using the Degreaser anyways, you might go ahead and use the Axtinguisher/Postal Pummeler instead of the Sharpened Volcano fragment, to better utilize the increased weapon switch the Degreaser grants. You've got a flamethrower that can ignite enemies, why does your melee need to do the same? :P

• Brohoof 1

Since you're using the Degreaser anyways, you might go ahead and use the Axtinguisher/Postal Pummeler instead of the Sharpened Volcano fragment, to better utilize the increased weapon switch the Degreaser grants. You've got a flamethrower that can ignite enemies, why does your melee need to do the same? :P

BECAUSE FIYAH! FAAAAAHAHAHAHA! HE WANTS TO SEE THE WORLD BUUUURN!

The Sharpened Volcano Fragment can be fun to use in Medieval mode, however!

BECAUSE FIYAH! FAAAAAHAHAHAHA! HE WANTS TO SEE THE WORLD BUUUURN!

The Sharpened Volcano Fragment can be fun to use in Medieval mode, however!

I agree there. I've always wanted to see how effective a Sharpened Volcano Fragment Pyro and Sun-On-A-Stick Scout team-up could be on DeGroot Keep. The two items were obviously designed to be used side-by-side, but nopony ever does. :P

(edited)

I've been playing TF2 for over a year now. I'm mainly a trader and have a large knowledge of what things are worth and expectation of how prices will change in the future. Although when I do play normally, I main Medic. People always consider him a noob class, but he is actually extremely important. Just because he doesn't get into the action by killing, he still has a hard job and is difficult to master. He really should get more credit than people give him. i'm rambling, add me on steam:

:)

Edited by DeletedAcc
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've been playing TF2 for over a year now. I'm mainly a trader and have a large knowledge of what things are worth and expectation of how prices will change in the future. Although when I do play normally, I main Medic. People always consider him a noob class, but he is actually extremely important. Just because he doesn't get into the action by killing, he still has a hard job and is difficult to master. He really should get more credit than people give him. i'm rambling, add me on steam:

http://steamcommunit...id/gherorocker/

:)

Posted Image Edited by Jozzeh

Posted Image

It's unfortunately true, that's why usually there is only 1 or sometimes no medics on a team. People appreciate you when you say you main medic. To be honest, I think medic is the most important person out of all of them.

My problem is that I never hear him being called a noob class...

I main medic as well, though I can have fun as all of the classes!

My problem is that I never hear him being called a noob class...

I main medic as well, though I can have fun as all of the classes!

I can also, I sometimes like to change it up. Maybe sometimes me and my friends will all go spy or sniper or something just for fun :)

I don't hear people say it directly, but you can just see how people treat him. No one goes medic on the team, people usually take advantage of him when he is on a team by asking to pocket them or spamming the "medic" key when they really don't need one, and since valve stated that "Medic is a good first class" people assume he is a noob class.

^I know what you mean. If you can get friends to play with and not random Valve-server-nub fodder, you can do better as the medic. A lot of people are bad at cooperating with and protecting a medic, and usually the medic dies because of it. Which is why you don't see a lot of medics.

Another reason people don't play medic is, a lot of people are all OMGZ I WANNA KILL PEOPLE LOLOLOLOL and get annoyed by the fact the medic doesn't have rocket launchers and miniguns.

Pretty much the one thing that many people forget is what you say; protect the medic. Too many who expect the medic is immortal and will always be there for you..

Golden rule: Treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself - Protect the medic, and he will help protect you with his healing.

• Brohoof 1

I feel sometimes that I am the only person who actually enjoys playing the medic. :( I gotta ask, how does one have fun playing the pyro?? I get owned everytime I play the pyro and the demoman...but yet I own when i play medic or sniper.

I feel sometimes that I am the only person who actually enjoys playing the medic. :( I gotta ask, how does one have fun playing the pyro?? I get owned everytime I play the pyro and the demoman...but yet I own when i play medic or sniper.

I'm a so-so not very good pyro lol. I usually do that thing where you light them up with the degreaser, airblast, and hit with the axtinguisher (although I usually forget to airblast and end up chasing them around with an axe B) )

Ur doin' it wrong, you're supposed to wear a cowboy hat and go all mumbleeeeeee!

(I don't care I linked this a few pages back!)