Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Romeo and Juliet in Pony Form

Tall_But_Short_37

So my English class just finished up reading Romeo and Juliet, and one of our options for our final project is to rewrite some of the scenes in a different way. My sister and I were entertaining the idea of Romeo and Juliet rewritten with ponies (even though I'm sure this idea has been done a million times already in fanfics). For those of you who've read the book or watched either of the movies, do you agree with these cast choices, and can you think of any better ones?

Romeo: Spike

Juliet: Rarity

Friar Lawrence: Twilight

Benvolio: Applejack

Mercutio: Pinkie Pie

Tybalt: Rainbow Dash

Nurse: Fluttershy

Paris: Prince Blueblood

Prince: Princess Celestia

And the party scene could take place at the Grand Galloping Gala.

Not sure if Luna, CMC, or Shining Armor and Cadence could be fit in there anywhere. Also, we couldn't really think of anyone for Lady and Lord Capulet or Montague, so suggestions are welcome for that.

Discuss.

• Brohoof 2

Aw, that means that Dashie kills Pinkie and gets murdered by Spike :(

It fits pretty well, though Blueblood is kind-of too much of a jackass to be Paris, perhaps Shining Armor would fit better?

Good job

Just have the dumb idiot take her pulse and wake her up.

Sorry, but this is probably my second least liked work of Shakespeare (only topped by "Antisemitism solves all our problems- the play).

Just rewriting it with a cast you'll have to explain, seems an awful lot of work. Are you allowed to make a Powerpoint presentation of it?

Just have the dumb idiot take her pulse and wake her up.

Sorry, but this is probably my second least liked work of Shakespeare (only topped by "Antisemitism solves all our problems- the play).

Just rewriting it with a cast you'll have to explain, seems an awful lot of work. Are you allowed to make a Powerpoint presentation of it?

I could, but this isn't what I'm actually doing for my project. That would take way too much explaining of characters and stuff to my teacher. It was more just a fun idea we were musing around.

I'm under the presumption that Equestrian literature is not too far off from English literature so a similar story of the story wouldn't be implausible all things considered. William Shakespeare in pony form wouldn't be the craziest of all things.

Funny how Rarity is the one who's Juliet, though. Juliet's slightly younger than Romeo.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

It fits pretty well, though Blueblood is kind-of too much of a jackass to be Paris, perhaps Shining Armor would fit better?

Or maybe Fancypants? :)  He's much more like Paris, and he and Rarity already have a friendship that people are saying might to lead to a romance down the road (Although Juliet and Paris weren't really in a romantic relationship, it was more of an arranged marriage, but still)

• Brohoof 1

Or maybe Fancypants? :)  He's much more like Paris, and he and Rarity already have a friendship that people are saying might to lead to a romance down the road (Although Juliet and Paris weren't really in a romantic relationship, it was more of an arranged marriage, but still)

That's a fairly good parallel, really about as good as we can hope for. I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. Great idea Heartstrong :)