Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will SOPA affect ponies completely?

Mizore Shirayuki

The episodes probably will be taken down because that are their products(And they are trying to sell it as well), I'm not sure if they will take down all the PMV's and anything other pony relater because that would not be good for their image. I think the same goes to other company's as well if they would take down every single thing that is from them (Even if it's just a song in the background of a baby singing along with it) it would be more likely for the fan base to start disliking them for that because it's something that doesn't really harm the company at all.

Edited by Kipje

SOPA gives corporations the right to block "rouge" websites and remove copyrighted material off the internet. If you post something relative to a copyrighted material it must be taken off, or you face 5 years in jail with a 125,000$ fine. So basically you cannot post anything fan-made unless it was approved by Hasbro and any torrent sites that host the episodes or download sites that support a download for it must have it taken down or just the entire website must be shutdown.

Some of my information may be a bit off, but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

SOPA gives corporations the right to block "rouge" websites and remove copyrighted material off the internet. If you post something relative to a copyrighted material it must be taken off, or you face 5 years in jail with a 125,000$ fine. So basically you cannot post anything fan-made unless it was approved by Hasbro and any torrent sites that host the episodes or download sites that support a download for it must have it taken down or just the entire website must be shutdown.

Some of my information may be a bit off, but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

Fuck. You can take my freedom, you can take my privacy, you can even take my life. But don't you even GLANCE at my ponies.

• Brohoof 13

youyube would probably be shut down

It is a possibility that if the Copyright holders combine their new found powers that could happen!

As well as ANY Pony site!

The episodes probably will be taken down because that are their products(And they are trying to sell it as well), I'm not sure if they will take down all the PMV's and anything other pony relater because that would not be good for their image. I think the same goes to other company's as well if they would take down every single thing that is from them (Even if it's just a song in the background of a baby singing along with it) it would be more likely for the fan base to start disliking them for that because it's something that doesn't really harm the company at all.

They are already taking down episodes. As far as PMVs technically they already can either remove or mute (depends on situation) the video already. Giving them more power than THAT is scary!

Also the baby singing would be a criminal offense and could be charged up to 5 years in prison. (well technically minor's would have a different system, but still getting ANY legal punishment for singing seems silly!) Fun Fact: In a public establishment employees cannot sing the song "Happy Birthday" because the song is under copyright. That's why restaurants make up their own songs to save money buying rights! :P

Fuck. You can take my freedom, you can take my privacy, you can even take my life. But don't you even GLANCE at my ponies.

Couldn't really imagine what would happen if this site went down...

I was at a dark time with no one to turn to but I watched a show on cartoon ponies to cheer me up. I thought I was a monster and a victim of trolling. I sought help here! Not only did I make lots of friends, but I've became a better person!

If they touch this site... I don't even... :(

... I suppose my transition to being a loving and caring person would be killed and I'd go back to being a cynical bastard who hates everything but does nothing about it! I'd fall back to old unhealthy habits that I've fought so hard to get past!

Not to mention what would happen to all the other Bronies that need this forum in their daily schedule. I'm sure I'd get it pretty bad but just the thought of everyone else too!! :( I... I think... I think I need a moment...

• Brohoof 1

Couldn't really imagine what would happen if this site went down...

I was at a dark time with no one to turn to but I watched a show on cartoon ponies to cheer me up. I thought I was a monster and a victim of trolling. I sought help here! Not only did I make lots of friends, but I've became a better person!

If they touch this site... I don't even... :(

If SOPA or PIPA actually passed, I would move all of my sites to Canadian hosting pronto, so they'll still be around. But the US government would be able to block all access from within the US to them on grounds of there being a pony picture here - let alone several thousand. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

• Brohoof 1

If SOPA or PIPA actually passed, I would move all of my sites to Canadian hosting pronto, so they'll still be around. But the US government would be able to block all access from within the US to them on grounds of there being a pony picture here - let alone several thousand. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

My train of thought for what will happen if the bill actually passes, is the major sites hosted in the US (facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) will be directly taken down by the government, but the block that they enforce will be quickly ripped to shreads by hackers. Think of the entire pissed-off hacking world against our governments firewall. But watch out. If you've seen this, you know that the government has actually tried to persuade other countries to send people that hosted links to illegal material to the US to put them in prison here.

Also, Feld0, I'm honered to recieve my 300th like from you.

Edited by Vanilla Ice

I guess that's good for those outside America... sometimes I swear I'm gonna leave this country, but then again other countries are just as bad or worse...

Anyway well here's to MLP Forums and the hope that no law shall EVER shut us down!

There's no way the government can do this. America united vs Government. Yeah, good luck. Concentrate on something more important, like the deficit.

But hey, if it happens, we had a good run. Made some friends, created some memories. Remember that quote you've probably heard a million times before?

~Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

So does that mean that Australian's will still be able to access the forums without a problem if SOPA passes and the site is hosted in Canada?

I'm not sure about America, but if a bill like this passed in Australia the government would be in a world of hurt. I can imagine the riots now, it would be epic. Haha

So does that mean that Australian's will still be able to access the forums without a problem if SOPA passes and the site is hosted in Canada?

I'm not sure about America, but if a bill like this passed in Australia the government would be in a world of hurt. I can imagine the riots now, it would be epic. Haha

If this forum is hosted on a US server, then no. It will be closed down.

MLP Forums is currently hosted on a US server, but if I moved it to a Canadian one and the law passed, the only thing America's government could do to it is block it from within the US. Your access to it as an Australian would be unaffected.

• Brohoof 1

MLP Forums is currently hosted on a US server, but if I moved it to a Canadian one and the law passed, the only thing America's government could do to it is block it from within the US. Your access to it as an Australian would be unaffected.

That's a relief, I don't know what I'd do without the forums everyday. Thanks for the reply Fel.... Play-d0h :D

That's a relief, I don't know what I'd do without the forums everyday. Thanks for the reply Fel.... Play-d0h :D

Lucky you, I will have no brony community left to talk with here in the US.

Well, at least I have...school...to look forward to.

God, save me. *facedesk*

• Brohoof 1

im hoping this is just one big scare, the government has no right to tell us what we can do on the internet. its a service that we pay for, if the government gave us free internet then i would understand but thats not the case. obviously members of congress have never seen chocolate rain!!!

If it happens and we can no longer access this site I will miss you all so much. This is the only community where I really feel like part of a family. :(

But the fight isn't over yet, keep fighting the good fight in the name of freedom, the internet, and ponies!

Why do these 70 year olds in congress care about this? They probably hardly even know how to use a computer. Either the companies are backing them up, or they have nothing else to ban. I thought this was the country of the free right to speech, not a communist country. :/ They better not take my fellow pony friends away or so help me.....! D:<

I have already been planning to move to Canada anyways.

Seriously though, I think it's impossible for a ridiculous bill like this to be passed.