Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will SOPA affect ponies completely?

Mizore Shirayuki

Let's just hope

Seriously though, I think it's impossible for a ridiculous bill like this to be passed.

Let's just hope you're right.

It actually had a surprising amount of bipartisan support.

Which is ironic really. The only time legislators can agree on something, the rest of America hates it.

Sad logic is sad.

Couldn't really imagine what would happen if this site went down...

I was at a dark time with no one to turn to but I watched a show on cartoon ponies to cheer me up. I thought I was a monster and a victim of trolling. I sought help here! Not only did I make lots of friends, but I've became a better person!

If they touch this site... I don't even... :(

... I suppose my transition to being a loving and caring person would be killed and I'd go back to being a cynical bastard who hates everything but does nothing about it! I'd fall back to old unhealthy habits that I've fought so hard to get past!

Not to mention what would happen to all the other Bronies that need this forum in their daily schedule. I'm sure I'd get it pretty bad but just the thought of everyone else too!! :( I... I think... I think I need a moment...

It's called a riot. It WILL happen if the law passes. Millions will lose jobs over it. Also, if it passes, the author of the law goes to jail as he never gave proper credits to the artists who made his background. He's being held acountable for that.
  • Brohoof 1

It's called a riot. It WILL happen if the law passes. Millions will lose jobs over it. Also, if it passes, the author of the law goes to jail as he never gave proper credits to the artists who made his background. He's being held acountable for that.

I saw that somewhere... I think tumblr or something! :P

There is a loophole in SOPA, if you use the IP address of a site instead of it's domain name, you should still be able to access it.

For example our IP is 199.102.231.166

There is a loophole in SOPA, if you use the IP address of a site instead of it's domain name, you should still be able to access it.

For example our IP is 199.102.231.166

It's true, people in china do this.

only... if you really, and I mean REALY, want to be safe, write down EVERY IP from your favorite sites.

SOPA would mean the only people that would be able to view the episodes would be the ones who could watch it on television.

Everything from Equestria Daily to FanFiction.net to mlp.wikia.com would vanish without a trace and without exception.

Not true, SOPA "take down" sites by stopping traffic going to certain domains.

These blocked domains are held on some table somewhere.

The list is only referenced to when a domain is resolved to an IP address.

So by using IP addresses of sites instead of their domain names, you can bypass the ban.

Not true, SOPA "take down" sites by stopping traffic going to certain domains.

These blocked domains are held on some table somewhere.

The list is only referenced to when a domain is resolved to an IP address.

So by using IP addresses of sites instead of their domain names, you can bypass the ban.

So break out Microsoft Word, and list all the sites you care about and then you can visit the blacklisted ones even if the law passes. Break out Tubedown to get all the videos you want from youtube before they're taken down. And remember, there's always dailymotion, a site that the government pays relatively little attention to.

As it is, I don't even know if this is going to pass, since the White House is now blocking it. And if it does, enforcing it might be difficult, since there are already countries that are threatening sanctions against the US if this is enforced. Ironic, isn't it? You didn't hear this from me, though.

You should also watch this video. It has information on how you might be able to help put a stop to this bill.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc

Edited by SBaby

• 1 month later...

I seriously hope this doesn't pass, but I think it won't be a big deal. Over 3,000,000+ people have protested from what I've heard, and even if it does pass, Im sure many people would disagree and fight to get it back.

ACTA is what Im worried about. I mean, its been signed and everything... what will happen then?