Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Very First Encounter with a Real Life Brony

RainbowTheNinja

my first time was today.i was in hot topic when i got the guts to look at the pony section and the guy that worked there said "you looking at that brony stuff for a friend (im 13 so it was a easy mistake) " i said it was for me.so long story short i met my first IRL brony

A convention...

I'm only 13 (I hate my age!) so that's already killed that idea.

My mum and dad won't approve (They never approve of anything I suggest.).

I do have money for it (Being a millionaire has its perks...).

So that's a big fat no for now.

I'm sort of disgusted by some bronies and how far they take it and how that display that in conventions...

What does being 13 have to do with it?

Mum? You're from the UK? Cool.

You're a millionaire? That's interesting.

What disgusts you about what they do? 

Oh wow, I don't think I've ever encountered a brony that wears so much pony-related stuff. The closest I've ever seen to someone like that was a guy with a Dr. Hooves shirt at my school. Granted, I don't live in a big city, so the amount of people that I interact with and the diversity between them is lower. I think the bronies at my school (there are at least five or six that I know of, several of them that I know personally) stay relatively hidden. Still, I can't wait for my Discord t-shirt to finally arrive so I can expand my knowledge of the school's brony population.  ;)

it was quite funny today, the mailman came and rang the bell, i went downstairs in my rainbow dash t-shirt and when i opened the door and went to sign for the package he saw my t-shirt and said "oh rainbow dash, nice" we talked for a couple of minuets about the show, he is a really nice guy,  he had to go and deliver the rest of the mail, but yeah i think its cool that my postman is a brony

What disgusts you about what they do? 

It's the Bronies that are open about it. Dicks like Howard Stern feed off these people...

There's a fine line between liking something and being narcissistic!

You can do what you want but still though, sex with a pony plushie?

It's the Bronies that are open about it. Dicks like Howard Stern feed off these people...

There's a fine line between liking something and being narcissistic!

You can do what you want but still though, sex with a pony plushie?

Bronies that are open about being bronies are actually the least weird ones.

Also, having sex with plushies or having a fetish for ponies is frowned upon by the majority of the fandom. And nothing of that sort happens at cons. There may be some weird cosplayers, but they're easy to avoid or ignore if you dislike them.

ive had several but my favorite was one when i was skiing. i have a rd sticker on my ski helmet and when i was at the top of the hill about to drop into the terrain park i hear this guy yell "HOLY SHIT HE HAS RAINBOW DASH ON HIS HELMET!!" i got so excited cus this was my first brony encounter when the fandom was a lot smaller so it was crazy. he was up the hill though so i couldnt turn back to brohoof him :c still acknowledged him and smiled tho (which lasted about the whole run lol). i met him at the top of the hill after the next chairlift ride and we talked for a bit, he was a pretty cool guy.

A convention...

I'm sort of disgusted by some bronies and how far they take it and how that display that in conventions...

ive seen people under 8 years old at cons before. it doesnt cost much money and if theres one close to you maybe you could convince your parents to let you go, just tell them how important it is to you. and as for the weeaboo bronies that have really bad confunk and are really awkward in genearl: just look at the massive amounts of spaghetti as cheap entertainment, its not that bad.

First Brony I met, was one of my cousins. I think he's older then me, but not by much. We talked about a lot of stuff involving games and programming, so he went to get his laptop. When he opened it, the laptop was Alienware and I saw he customized it so the lights on the keyboard shined colors of a rainbow from one side to the other. I was starting to think Rainbow Dash, but I think about Ponies to often so I ignored it. After a little more conversation about a game called: Farcry 3. I looked down and saw a Fluttershy sticker on the laptop. I was blown away and had a big smile on my face. I then pointed at the sticker and said: "Are you a Brony?" He replied: "Yes." I responded: "I am too." Brohoof :D best moment ever.

- Maxos

• Brohoof 1

Bronies that are open about being bronies are actually the least weird ones.

Also, having sex with plushies or having a fetish for ponies is frowned upon by the majority of the fandom. And nothing of that sort happens at cons. There may be some weird cosplayers, but they're easy to avoid or ignore if you dislike them.

I mean about how they talk about it...

I guess this sort of relates to the 'Gay And Proud' thing.

Humans are stupid. Very stupid indeed...

I mean about how they talk about it...

I guess this sort of relates to the 'Gay And Proud' thing.

Humans are stupid. Very stupid indeed...

What's wrong with talking freely about being a Brony? We aren't running around the streets screaming it, we're spending time with fellow Bronies and talking about the show or other things in the fandom.

What's wrong with talking freely about being a Brony? We aren't running around the streets screaming it, we're spending time with fellow Bronies and talking about the show or other things in the fandom.

>we arent running around the streats screaming it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qyPgVlXnvbw#t=357s

lol u sure? =p

i remember at everfreenw everybody that didnt know what was going on was pretty confused, but nobody seemed to care. it doesnt seem like a "gay and proud thing" like butterscotch said because its just a show about multicolored horses

>we arent running around the streats screaming it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qyPgVlXnvbw#t=357s

lol u sure? =p

i remember at everfreenw everybody that didnt know what was going on was pretty confused, but nobody seemed to care. it doesnt seem like a "gay and proud thing" like butterscotch said because its just a show about multicolored horses

That is hilarious and awesome on so many levels, I would totally join in. 

Also, they don't hold "Gay and proud" conventions with gay themed art and music.

But they do hold Brony conventions with sweet Brony art and music.

Best brony encounter I've had was when I was at to Office Depot and found this guy wearing an "I Heart Fluttershy" t-shirt.

I don't know if this counts, but at my old school, we would have a once a week computer class and the man teaching it was the father of two daughters who were huge MLP:FiM fans. I was doodling a human Applejack on a system similar to Paint, he recognized her, and we  talked for a bit....and then he pulled out a G3 Pinkie Pie that his daughter snuck in his pocket. XD

I saw another brony at Dollywood with a Pinkie Pie Portal t-shirt, but I couldn't brohoof him because there were so many people there, and my family was on their way out. So yeah.

you were walking in downtown ______ (insert city name

here), holding your Twilight plush toy and sporting your favorite Celesta hat, then I know where you live. MUAHAHAHAH!!! Not really, though, ____ (insert city name here) is a pretty big place. :P

yeah, that wouldnt be me cause i aint got a celestia hat or plush twilight. i got a plush rainbowdash, though.

anyways, the only other brony i know in real life/in person is my best friend. so lucky find.:)

A convention...

I completely understand, I'm 13 too; being stuck inbetween major stages of your life living within the awkwardness of adolescence sucks. But you'll get through it. As for now, if your parents won't approve, just make friends on other websites like this. I know some bronies take it a notch too far, (cause apparently watching a show that isn't meant for your age group makes you God, to them) but just avoid them if they're all being dicks. There's so many amazing bronies online and in real life, you just have to really look.

Edited by eskaryel

I saw one going inside a car with a sticker of rainbow dashes cutie mark. I couldnt get a good pic of it to put it on here, but still. I've seen like 2 irl. I remember my reactions ;P

This is how it happened *looks around the street before crossing*, *sees the person* *5 secs later, sees the vehicle*

But too bad im like the only brony in my school lol xD, Me out of like 500+ students

The only other brony I've seen in real life was at a collage fair and he was wearing a Rainbow Dash t-shirt I saw him two weeks after I became a brony and I haven't seen one since :(

I've never met any IRL bronies actually. I have the odd feeling that either I don't look very hard, or theres simply not any bronies at my school.

That or their all closet bronies and would never speak a word about it(Like me)

I was a bit disappointed today.

While in the city going to the German fair in Daley Center today, I was people-watching like I always do (I was going there with a friend, his parents, his sister, and her boyfriend. For a long time it was just him, the boyfriend, his dad, and I standing around doing nothing while the others shopped, so plenty of time to people watch...), but now that I'm a brony, and with this thread in mind, I had an extra eye out for other bronies. To my disappointment not a single sign of other bronies anywhere. Nor later when we walked down Michigan Avenue. I must've passed thousands of people, and not a single other brony? :(

Dang, reading some of these comments has made me feel kind of stupid. I should have at least talked to the guy or commented on his hat... But I saw him, walked a few more steps, and realized: "Oh my gosh, that was a brony!"

If I had the power to go back in time five seconds it would be so handy sometimes...

My first interaction with a mlp lover was a pegasister. It was pretty shocking that she was the first one I met. It was hillarious. I have her in my Biology class. The first reaction with a brony was kind of hilarious. I never expected it. So, I am in the library. A guy tells me I have a cool penguin shirt. I asked if he liked penguins. He said yes. Then He asked if I liked penguins, I said yes. This went on for a bit, me asking him what he likes, him asking what I liked. It soon got into music. I asked him if he likes Vinyl Scratch. He said yes, with no hesitation. Then I gave him a brohoof and asked if he likes and has been on to MLP forums. He said yes. WTF, SO COOL!

Never had one, never will. I don't think I'd have a chance anyway if I didn't go around saying "I like mlp, I like mlp, I like mlp!" But hey...

Edited by ~Vallo~

I've never met a brony IRL. We don't want to show it too much because the public opinion here in Finland is that if you watch MLP you're gay and you should be beaten up for that. Amongst those who are aware of this subculture. Most people just don't give a shit.

I should get a pony T-shirt.

• Brohoof 1

Of course, most, if not all, of you have probably seen (or are) these people, so it's probably nothing that important to you.

I haven't met any bronies in real life...yet. Consider yourself lucky that you met someone who was open about liking MLP, I'm willing to bet that a lot of people back here are bronies, but don't want to admit it. I wonder if any of them have made fun of me for liking MLP, and if so, how many? :huh: