Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Very First Encounter with a Real Life Brony

RainbowTheNinja

So I was walking down the street in downtown _____(insert city name here) and a guy wearing a Princess Celestia hat and holding a Twilight Sparkle plush toy walked past me. If was the first time I've ever seen a "real life" brony, so it was sort of a big deal for me.

Of course, most, if not all, of you have probably seen (or are) these people, so it's probably nothing that important to you.

So if you were walking in downtown ______ (insert city name here), holding your Twilight plush toy and sporting your favorite Celesta hat, then I know where you live. MUAHAHAHAH!!! Not really, though, ____ (insert city name here) is a pretty big place. :P

• Brohoof 3

It was Halloween at my University, and I was, as always, wearing my authentic Ravenclaw robes. I used the word 'somepony' in a regular conversation, and this ninja (It was Halloween Nightmare Night, folks) walks up to me, introduces himself as 'Shirley', and asks if I had just said 'somepony'. Turns out our University actually has a brony club. Who knew?

• Brohoof 6

I remember I was at a DCI marching band competition, sitting in the front row, and I see a guy with a Fluttershy shirt about 5 rows above me. I called out to him that I loved his shirt, and he jumped down those 5 rows (that were full of people) just to brohoof me. That was the best moment I have had in a long while.

• Brohoof 7

I've seen quite a few. The guy who works at our local trading card shop brohoofed me when I was defending mlp with my friends.

And when I was at school I  was drawing rainbow dash for our schools open evening, and I went to sharpen my pencil, and a girl approached my drawing and said "who's the brony?" and we proceeded to brohoof :P

I really hope to encounter more in the future, just so I can have mlp convos IRL.

Yeah, it must have been cool. I think I saw a Brony once....I wear my Princess Luna shirt under my uniform from time to time. Its like I'm being a sneaky little brony.

PRINCESS LUNA SHIRT! I want one...

All my encounters with bronies didn't go well...

They're all dicks!

They're only bronies so they can use the "Love and Tolerate" excuse.

I was at best buy this one time an a guy walked in white his gf and he had a black sweatshirt with each of the mane six on it so I brohoofed him. That's pretty much my most interesting encounter with a real life brony.

I@ve seen a lot. I was wearing a Luna shirt today and at least 8 people stopped me and said awesome shirt. It's pretty cool to know your not alone especially if your towns small like mine.

One time I was taking the local 7 train to school in NYC. As I got off on queensboro plaza (to transfer trains) I realized that there was a male teen accompanied by his female friend. I realized that I was next to a Brony and a Pegasister. they were just discussing some random stuff, while I was looking at their backpack (DECORATED WITH SOO MANY MLP BADGES!!! AND STUFF)

I felt awesome when just before I got off the train to head to school, I yelled "BROHOOF!" and I gave them both a brohoof, and left..

Best moment ever!

I've only talked to female bronies, several of them actually, gotten a bro-hoof from a male brony, and heard several kids talking about Rainbow Dash. I guess I've met quite a few, never talked to them to the point we're friends tho xD

As unfortunate as it is, I haven't really run into any other bronies other than my friends. Here in the town I live in we have a little clique here and we talk about ponies quite often. Event though... one of my friends has yet to get caught up since the middle of season 2. One of these days I'm just going to force him down and make him catch up. haha

PRINCESS LUNA SHIRT! I want one...

All my encounters with bronies didn't go well...

They're all dicks!

They're only bronies so they can use the "Love and Tolerate" excuse.

Well that's sad, you should visit a con sometime, you'll find TONS of the nice Bronies there. Don't be discouraged by the fakers or haters out there in the meantime.

I've been lucky enough to meet tons of Bronies all the time. Every time I wear a Brony shirt in public random people brohoof me like every five minutes. I love this fandom so much.

Well that's sad, you should visit a con sometime, you'll find TONS of the nice Bronies there. Don't be discouraged by the fakers or haters out there in the meantime.

A convention...

I'm only 13 (I hate my age!) so that's already killed that idea.

My mum and dad won't approve (They never approve of anything I suggest.).

I do have money for it (Being a millionaire has its perks...).

So that's a big fat no for now.

I'm sort of disgusted by some bronies and how far they take it and how that display that in conventions...

You guys are lucky little devils, I have yet to meet one brony here in the city I live in :(

Literally, no one here walks around in a MLP shirt so it is really hard to tell whether or not some people are bronies or not...

And I really do not feel like asking as I have heard some not so nice tales of hater encounters :(

man i really want to get a pony shirt, so hopefully i can meet some other bronies out there. i think i've seen only two other bronies in real life. one i didn't get the chance to /) him because i was late to class, and the other occasionally sits at my table.

the frist time i met a brony was in schol tis was befor i was a brony so i did kind of make fun of him (jokeing of corse) he was a close friend f mine so i ask why are you looking at my little pony stuff the he told me and showed me the frist 2 pilot eps an i was hooked now i have been a brony for 6 months i do not ave a pc so it is hard fr me towatch the show but i have an herd drive so in school/libeary (sorry for spelling) i put all the eps on to the hard drive and watch them on my tv throu the usb pot on the side but i do wan so clothes so does any pony know any shops (not online) in the uk in wales that sell brony stuff (boys/mens) so i can wea them with pride :lol:  :wub:

the frist time i met a brony was in schol tis was befor i was a brony so i did kind of make fun of him (jokeing of corse) he was a close friend f mine so i ask why are you looking at my little pony stuff the he told me and showed me the frist 2 pilot eps an i was hooked now i have been a brony for 6 months i do not ave a pc so it is hard fr me towatch the show but i have an herd drive so in school/libeary (sorry for spelling) i put all the eps on to the hard drive and watch them on my tv throu the usb pot on the side but i do wan so clothes so does any pony know any shops (not online) in the uk in wales that sell brony stuff (boys/mens) so i can wea them with pride :lol:  :wub:

I live in the UK too, and I feel your pain. It's a shame we don't have Hot Topic. :C

My best bet would be online. There are plenty of British sites where you can buy custom plushes and t-shirts.

I have never met another brony but if I did...It would probably go something like this. "OH MY GOD...You're a brony, So am I." "COOL." "HIYA DOIN." "GOOD." "OK THEN." then we would just kinda walk off really awkwardly...

Anyhow I am probably the only brony in my town apart from my sister.

I live in Mechanicsville, Virginia a few miles away from the air park near Sliding Hill Road, and have yet to randomly encounter a brony in this area. When I worked in Richmond off of Midlothian Turnpike, I saw two bronies (or a brony and a pegasister) casing the MLP section of the Walmart.

• Brohoof 1

I STILL haven't met a brony and yet somehow, I was talking to my brother about the zombie apacalypse, I said to him that I'd rather have a team of bronies during that time cuase, I know for the most part, I could trust a brony with my life as they would trust theirs with mine. He asked me what would make me base that conclusion and I don't know why I just said "Love." He looked at me strangely but I told him that although bronies have debate on things, there's something about all of us as a whole that silently "There's time's to forget our differences, and the zombie apacalypse would be one of those times. For some reason I can bronies dominating in zombie apacalypse becuase if we're community on the net like we are, in real life that'd be something else to behold. lol

• Brohoof 2