Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lauren Faust and Craig McCracken: Are they like Cadence and Shining Armor?

GuillermoGage

They are both kind of weird and ugly-looking. They are like an ugly cute.

I'm usually really cynical about this sort of thing, but it seems like, well how much do you reckon they love each other? Even though the ponies are based on royal-type people, hearing about them makes me think of Cadence and Shining Armor.

Ummm... I think that Lauren Faust is pretty hot!

And it seems that younger ladies hook up with ugly older guys all the time. I'm sure that some of them love each other! I didn't know Cadence and Shining Armor weren't good looking too...

• Brohoof 5

I don't think either of them are ugly. They're not exactly going to be blowing up the cover of Supermodels Unlimited, but they're far from ugly. 

• Brohoof 4

It just looks to me like Craig McCracken has that Andre the Giant/ ugly Javier Bardem characters/ Shrek look to him.

Even by the standards of women writers who work behind the scenes, Lauren Faust kind of looks not all that great. Kind of like a horsey teeth. Eve non-airbrushed Stephenie Meyer looks good enough where I think Anne Hathaway could "one day portray her in a biopic" And J.K. Rowling is actually pretty fine.

For some reason, I'll give Suzanne Collins a free pass for not being pretty.

Ummm... I think that Lauren Faust is pretty hot!

And it seems that younger ladies hook up with ugly older guys all the time. I'm sure that some of them love each other! I didn't know Cadence and Shining Armor weren't good looking too...

Their age difference is LESS THAN THREE and a half years.

Edited by GuillermoGage

I think you folks have some pretty skewed standards of beauty. Lauren Faust is a good looking woman in my opinion (granted I only ever see photos of her with lots of makeup). No comment on Craig but he's definitely better looking than Shrek!

Edit: Thanks, that age difference looks way wider than it is! Yeek!

Edited by Rooish
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know why anyone would think Lauren Faust is ugly, I seriously think Craig McCracken is a lucky bastard, and Craig McCracken looks like a normal looking guy to me but what does it matter anyway? I don't know about the intimate details of their relationship nor do I have much of an interest in knowing because it is none of my business but until I hear otherwise I will assume they probably do love each other.

• Brohoof 3

I gotta hurry up and clear the air about this; more replies are rolling in!

Actually, I don't really care about Lauren's appearance, just that Craig McCracken's curly gray mop and big nose and mug are kind of a surprise. That silly-looking man created the Powerpuff Girls! I just wanted not pick on just one of them.

Yeah, actually the larger point of this topic was something else entirely about the two.

I hinted at it again in my second post on this thread? Can you spot it?

Edited by GuillermoGage

They are both kind of weird and ugly-looking. They are like an ugly cute.

I'm usually really cynical about this sort of thing, but it seems like, well how much do you reckon they love each other? Even though the ponies are based on royal-type people, hearing about them makes me think of Cadence and Shining Armor.

What the buck?  I agree with everypony that Lauren faust is very sexy and awesome.And also why do you think she is ugly?

I don't know why anyone would think Lauren Faust is ugly, I seriously think Craig McCracken is a lucky bastard, and Craig McCracken looks like a normal looking guy to me but what does it matter anyway? I don't know about the intimate details of their relationship nor do I have much of an interest in knowing because it is none of my business but until I hear otherwise I will assume they probably do love each other.

Agreed

What the buck?  I agree with everypony that Lauren faust is very sexy and awesome.And also why do you think she is ugly?

Agreed

What? I admitted in the previous post that she is not ugly. Just Craig McCracken is, but I wanted to downplay that.

laurencraig1.jpg

http://www.fosters-home.com/comiccon2008/fphotos.htm

989685163_a45190701e_z.jpg

Okay,  Craig just looks... eccentric. Interesting to look at, like old Presidents like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

Again, read my second post and look real hard at the words.

Edited by GuillermoGage
  • Brohoof 1

Look even if Craig is ugly in your opinion (not mine, in fact I think he looks okay, just your average joe) does it really matter.

Also I think I figured out what you ment about princess Cadence and Shining Armor. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think what you are wondering is that an average looking Joe hooked up with a good looking person like Luaren.

Okay Cadence is royalty and Shining Armor sarted as a commoner. He became captain of the royal gaurd but he still is a commoner. Yet dispite this they still saw something in each other and got married.

Craig might not look okay in your eyes, yet he and Lauren found something in each other and married.

Did I get it right?

Am I wrong? Because if I am that's okay.

What? I admitted in the previous post that she is not ugly. Just Craig McCracken is, but I wanted to downplay that.

Okay,  Craig just looks... eccentric. Interesting to look at, like old Presidents like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

This might insult you quite a bit, but I'm going to say it anyway, because I think you need to hear it. Looks aren't everything. And not only are looks not everything, but it's very shallow to think that they are.
Additionally, even though Craig will proably never see your post, it's still really mean and viscous to say such terrible things. Actually, it's pretty catty to be talking about him so negatively just cause you don't think he'll see.
Also, who cares? It's not out place to question Lauren's motives just because you've seen a couple pictures. You don't even know the man.
Finally, so what if he made Powerpuff Girls? You watch a show "for little girls". He's just a step higher than you. He was creative enough to acrully make one.
But I guess that's just what I think. *shrug*

This might insult you quite a bit, but I'm going to say it anyway, because I think you need to hear it. Looks aren't everything. And not only are looks not everything, but it's very shallow to think that they are.

Additionally, even though Craig will proably never see your post, it's still really mean and viscous to say such terrible things. Actually, it's pretty catty to be talking about him so negatively just cause you don't think he'll see.

Also, who cares? It's not out place to question Lauren's motives just because you've seen a couple pictures. You don't even know the man.

Finally, so what if he made Powerpuff Girls? You watch a show "for little girls". He's just a step higher than you. He was creative enough to acrully make one.

But I guess that's just what I think. *shrug*

Phoenix237 said:
Look even if Craig is ugly in your opinion (not mine, in fact I think he looks okay, just your average joe) does it really matter.

Also I think I figured out what you ment about princess Cadence and Shining Armor. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think what you are wondering is that an average looking Joe hooked up with a good looking person like Luaren.

Okay Cadence is royalty and Shining Armor sarted as a commoner. He became captain of the royal gaurd but he still is a commoner. Yet dispite this they still saw something in each other and got married.

Craig might not look okay in your eyes, yet he and Lauren found something in each other and married.

Did I get it right?

Am I wrong? Because if I am that's okay.
And then I said.

i better hurry up and post this.

Hootenanny, people, I'm just saying that they look cute and that I figure that they both really wuv each other, because they are King and Queen of modern cartoon land!

I am saying that they must love each other a whole lots! Princess Cadence and Shining Armor love each other so much that they magically strengthen each other.

(They are still funnily un-photogenic even by the standards of people who probably hunch over desks and stare at images and drawing and scripts all day long. They are just regular humans and not elevated celebrities or public officials, it is kind of jarring.)

I haven't figured out how long they've even known each other but it has probably been a good while.

And I'm saying that their happiness may have very well influenced how cute and nice their products have been.

Edited by GuillermoGage

LaurenFaust_3174.jpg

I think she has somewhat of a timeless look to her. What compounds her attractiveness and loveliness to me is her demeanor. I have heard from people who have met her and they all speak of her kindness.

Even if I was not a fan of the show, and or if she wasn't famous at all she seems like a cool person to talk to...and look at. Haha. But hey, she's taken. Hehe.

Craig is a legit dude. He looks like a stereotypical hardcore animator to me. Like others said her looks like the average normal guy. He's not ugly.

I think they are a great couple. The talent between them is OVER 9,000!

• Brohoof 1

Lauren/Craig > Shining/Cadenza

I've seen Faust in person, as in real life, and I think she's beautiful. Craig seems alright, but not someone who would make it in People's The World's 100 Sexiest Men list (like I care about that in the first place). I think they are better than that pretty royal couple that I sincerely dislike. <.<

Edited by Dismajo

Lauren/Craig > Shining/Cadenza

I've seen Faust in person, as in real life, and I think she's beautiful. Craig doesn't seem so, either, but I've only seen photos. I think they are better than that pretty royal couple that I sincerely dislike. <.<

Indeed, the specialness of these two regular humans are at least as significant as the royal ponies, who are a stereotypical magical unicorn and alicorn. If they were dropped into Equestria, they could probably drive back the changelings with their sheer mental powers.

• Brohoof 1

Indeed, the specialness of these two regular humans are at least as significant as the royal ponies, who are a stereotypical magical unicorn and alicorn. If they were dropped into Equestria, they could probably drive back the changelings with their sheer mental powers.

Not to mention Lauren and Craig are creators of worlds, not products of them. They are real-life human beings with real flaws, making them characters themselves. Armour and Cadence are just a fairy tale fantasy as they are designed to be. Even in a magical world of rainbow ponies, I don't like them because of their lack of flaws as a couple. I get a lot of small girls' shows have those kind of things with the pretty pink princess and the dreamy prince, but I still don't like them. Hey. We're all going to have the characters we like and dislike, and they are one of mine. 

Edited by Dismajo

tumblr_m9liktXRuc1qg3ouho8_1280.jpgHe actually looks "handsomer" in this picture. It's so weird, he looks like a teenager here.

But that's enough about what they look like. (coughcough Suzanne Collins looks like a crazy cat lady or a witch who lives in a cave,even though she is a brilliant novelist, and Stephenie Meyer is homely, and Peter Jackson looks like he's been repeatedly resurrected by necromancers from the responsibility or directing three-to-four-hour fantasy movies doing him in several times over. Taylor Swift is also ugly, even though she is an entertainer in front of the scenes.)

Edited by GuillermoGage

Craig and Lauren look fine to me even if they're not as gorgeous as Cadance and Shining Armor.  :P

I think they're more like Cadance and Shining Armor in another way: Craig and Lauren also reign, but over a vast cartoon empire. 

Edited by Wingnut

• 1 year later...

I'll admit: When I was younger, I actually had a little crush on Craig McCracken.  :blush: This was probably due to me admiring him so much for creating those 2 great Cartoon Network shows.

As for Lauren, I think she's so beautiful - I love her red hair!

I couldn't agree more. Honestly, I think she looks great.

of course, a person who looks "Hot", "cute", "Beautiful", etc. to one person may not to someone else. :)

yeah, i don't know too much about them either, but from what I do know, they seem perfect for each other.