Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on an MLP Movie by the creators of South Park?

Horseboy223

(edited)

How would you feel about an MLP movie made and voiced by the creators of South Park (Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Pam Brady)? Thoughts?

Comparingthesemovies.thumb.png.b09ace6643c2dc1b62dabac2121d26d1.png

SPMLP.thumb.png.9280d57c6707ce9713c6c419c49f9caa.png

Edited by Horseboy223
The OP was barely legible due to grammar. Fixed it up and shortened it to make more sense.

• The title was changed to Thoughts on an MLP Movie by the creators of South Park?
(edited)

41 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

That would be bizarre. They might parody MLP but that's it.

Instead, What if they were asked to make their own characters and then voice them? If there was another MLP, They might need a lot of people to make their own characters.

3 hours ago, Tacodidra said:

I don't think it would work – the shows are so different. Maybe they could make a funny parody, but I can't see it happening otherwise.

No, Not like that. they can instead make their own characters and then voice them.

Edited by Horseboy223

I imagine there will be a lot of jokes about how they're all really "good friends" or possibly Spike being a beta male etc etc.

t would be a little funny but they would tear any and all aspects of innocence the show ever had and I do mean ANY but somehow make it hilarious barely PG-13 in doing so.

They are smart enough to do that level of meta humor as well. 

But be aware if they made a movie it would end MLP from ever being able to make another show or movie they would break it so badly.

50 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

A pony movie, created by those 2 guys?  I don't want to even imagine that:okiedokieloki:  

the 2nd movie will have a scene of the mane 6 teaming up with a group of ponies.

1 hour ago, Star heart 777 said:

I imagine there will be a lot of jokes about how they're all really "good friends" or possibly Spike being a beta male etc etc.

t would be a little funny but they would tear any and all aspects of innocence the show ever had and I do mean ANY but somehow make it hilarious barely PG-13 in doing so.

They are smart enough to do that level of meta humor as well. 

But be aware if they made a movie it would end MLP from ever being able to make another show or movie they would break it so badly.

MLP the movie 2 is rated pg-13, which is correct, somehow, trey, Matt, and pam might be partnering the creators of mlp to create their own characters and voice them.

(edited)

I quite like South Park, but that just wouldn't work. The style of the teams that make South Park and the style of the teams that make MLP...apples to oranges is underselling how different they are. Adult, dark, surreal, satirical humor in a show meant to dunk on the darkness in the world vs. kid-friendly, light-hearted, innocent, silly humor in a show meant to inspire you to appreciate the light in the world...

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 1

Sadly the best parts of MLP are already gone.

G1 ended along time ago and G4 is almost forgotten about now.

G5 is basically pure cute randomness so at this point the creators of South don't exactly have much to hurt anyways.

I mean don't get me wrong the show will always be in our hearts but honestly I don't think the series will live long enough for a G6 is all I'm saying.

so what damage could the south park makers possibly do to an already dying tv series?

(edited)

I will not accept the main 6 to be voiced by anyone other then the original voice cast. To hear someone else do it epically if it is Trey Parker...:double-shock: I shudder to even think of it. 

This is not even mentioning how their writing and joke style is polar opposite to that of MLP. To me it is a bad idea from start to finish.:squee:

Edited by FlitterFlutter

1 hour ago, FlitterFlutter said:

I will not accept the main 6 to be voiced by anyone other then the original voice cast. To hear someone else do it epically if it is Trey Parker...:double-shock: I shudder to even think of it. 

This is not even mentioning how their writing and joke style is polar opposite to that of MLP. To me it is a bad idea from start to finish.:squee:

The mane 6's voice will still be original, But Trey, Matt, and Pam must make their own characters.

• Brohoof 1