Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

It is past midnight here in Brazil, so it is officially Christmas here :D. Fret not, it should also arrive to you guys, unless it already did :P

Anyways, Merry Christmas to all of you! God bless :)

• Brohoof 2

I have never gotten into protestantism, maybe i just lack individual reasoning as some who is better at it?. Which is what it makes me feel somewhat in it, or maybe something is lacking. Although i am not against it. I mean if they really believe its the way of spreading god's words then thats good. I guess catholicism feels like its the way god wants us to live. I guess its mostly due to how i feel it helps me too. Like how to live, how to believe.

God bless all ^^

I pray for all to find their way and road to live a worthy good life ^^

Edited by Lithophila

So I'm out in California for the Rose Bowl parade (no idea how we pulled that off)... anyhow, during the flight I got the chance to read some of the Bhagavad Gita... or more like just the introduction and then some of the verses. Anyhow, I really enjoyed some of the stuff that they put out there, I thought I might share some things I found to be interesting.. I suppose. 

We are trying to control nature as presently we are trying to control space or planets, and this tendency to control is there because it is in Krishna. But although we have a tendency to lord over material nature, we should know that we are not the supreme controller.

What is this consciousness? This consciousness is "I am." Then what am I? In contaminated consciousness "I am" means "I am the lord of all I survey. I am the enjoyer."... But actually the Supreme Lord is both the creator and the enjoyer, and the living entity, and the living entity being part and parcel of the Supreme Lord, is neither the creator nor the enjoyer, but a cooperator.... These tendencies to become the creator and enjoy the material world are because they are in the Supreme Lord who has created the manifested cosmic world.

The complete whole is not formless. If He is formless or if He is less than any other thing, then He cannot be the complete whole. The complete whole must have everything within our experience and beyond our experience, otherwise it cannot be complete. The complete whole, Personality of Godhead, has immense potencies.

I mean, it's not stuff you haven't heard before, "God is all powerful, etc."... but I thought it was kinda cool how it was worded.

Edited by Sudo Krenton
  • Brohoof 1

Happy New Year to everyone! :D

Anyone seen The Prince of Egypt?

I know it's not the most rigorous or accurate movie to portray contents of the Bible... But as a person who's studied animation, I can say confidently that it remains probably one of the best animated films ever.

No I haven't watched it yet, but I know that @Steel Accord did :)

• Brohoof 1

Anyone seen The Prince of Egypt?

I watched it again a couple months ago. I cried with how well-done it was. From the music to the style and just about everything in it. Truly a masterpiece.
Also, I feel I should mention my birthday is on January 2nd and I'll be turning 18. Not sure how to feel about that right now.
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite scene is this one, in terms of animation.

sig-4304444.sig-4304350.o8qMLMs.png

Rameses goes between 5 completely different emotions within the space of 50 seconds without saying anything. It's remarkable when an actor does that, it's even better if you can pull that off through drawings.

Biblically I think that the Red Sea scene was the coolest. Not enough portrayals of miracles on the Big Screen, ever since people started doubting them.

I rewatched (https://youtu.be/8wGUvBELwRU) and was quite taken by the transitions. Seeing his expectations and responses to Moses change, coupled with the dramatic music towards the end, made for a really goal-establishing scene. Seeing him put the headdress back on sealed the "heart was hardened" theme up pretty well and showed how unwilling he was to go back on his goals. It also worked well to show what was at stake.

As far as the Red Sea crossing (https://youtu.be/PNGgsHbzWPs), I have to agree that the whole portrayal was completely solid. From the weather changes to showing the sizes of the animals, along with the height of the water and distance to travel, everything felt like it was shouting "This is how much is in His Hands." And the ending really felt like a victory, even as Moses brought down the Ten Commandments.

I think it's also worth noting that the sea was high enough to block out the sun. Just putting things into perspective. :D And my favorite scene was The Plagues. Music is big to me, and I'm particularly fond of duet conflicts (like This Day) because it involves putting so much power into one's voice and, sometimes, works as a good way to explain and quicken a narrative (like all of Magical Mystery Cure) without taking away its power.

Edited by Narishia98
  • Brohoof 3

Although I tend to approve of the practice of confession to an actual person, since it increases responsibility, and some sins should be confessed to an individual, as exposing them to the light of truth is the only way of dealing with them, my understanding of scripture leads me to believe confession is mainly between us and God.  As the true essence of sin is this: doing what we want rather then what God wants.  You can really cut all sin down to that, though there are quite a few details about that.. but, with the exception of the Holy Spirit, everything around us and within us rebels against the degree of surrender God calls us too in the Christian faith.

For myself, I have reached the point of seeking to meditate on the Cross daily, and come before God in an attitude of seeking his mercy and grace every day, after all, perhaps I've fallen into some sin without realizing it.  As I've grown in the Lord, I've been shown by Him that this has happened before, as complaining and gossip (though I try hard to avoid them) are sins that are very easy to fall into if I'm not paying attention to my words, especially at work, were folks always find something to complain about.  By the catholic view I believe these sorts of things are called venial sins,such things get in the way of a vibrant relationship with God and I'm unwilling to allow anything to get between the Beloved and myself, so I've come to the point of seeking Him and ask for his mercy and grace regarding even forgotten or unrealized sins regularly.

Now, all of that said, if your seeking the more specific answer, I believe that the Catholic church teaches that one is only required to go to confession yearly during the Easter season, but I've known some suggest that weekly is a good practice.

Ultimately, however, God seeks to build relationship with us, the Hound of Heaven seeks us out, calls us and draws us too Him, conviction is His path, calling us to repentance, so as to remove the barriers between us and Him.

Edited by Reading Heart
  • Brohoof 1

Just on the subject of one of my favorite movies of all time, I adore the scene with the Burning Bush. That scene is so peaceful, otherworldly, and powerful, it indelibly formed the base of my perception of God.

• Brohoof 3

For myself, I have reached the point of seeking to meditate on the Cross daily, and come before God in an attitude of seeking his mercy and grace every day, after all, perhaps I've fallen into some sin without realizing it.
 It's not often I meet people with that much devotion, of which I'd like to commend you for. Kinda reminds me of Job and how he would offer sacrifices for his children's potential sins.

Just on the subject of one of my favorite movies of all time, I adore the scene with the Burning Bush. That scene is so peaceful, otherworldly, and powerful, it indelibly formed the base of my perception of God.
It was an interesting scene to me in the way God showed patience with Moses by simply telling him to take off his sandals, while still exercising strength and authority as He commanded confidence and faith from him.

And on an unrelated note, one of my fellow youth members approached me today at church and asked me to pray for him concerning his stress and suicidal thoughts. I'd like to ask if you could keep him in your prayers. I chose to pray silently for him due to an anxiety I have with praying aloud (something I wish I had overcome in that moment), and I worry that the silence may have affected him. He seemed to be doing better right before we left, but I still have a bit of fear. I know I shouldn't worry, but I feel concerned for him. I know what it's like to have the thoughts. Even if I knew I wasn't going to go through with them, the thoughts were still painful, and I'd rather spare him of those feelings.

• Brohoof 1

Do you guys consider piracy a sin? I mean sharing stuff online. I dont think it is stealing in the essense. Basically it can also help a person getting known so that people can buy his product. But its also important to support that person if you really like it. So i consider it to be sharing more or less, since stealing leaves one less left, while sharing is basically sharing content with others. Kinda like if you where to share food with others.

Besides some stuff i have pirated, i have bought in the past aswell, also on PS3 when i had it. Although i guess i will try to avoid pirating movies. But generally like anime or something it is hard to get either way since you have to live in Japan to get it. So fansubs is like the only way of getting it. But i remember buying Death Note DVDs because i liked it and wanted to support it.

I am just wondering your views on it?

Edit: Although i plan to stop piracing products in general though. Although i plan on keeping burnt PS1 and PS2 games, but buying stuff on Ps4 and Steam. Some PS1 games that i can buy on steam like Tomb Raider 1 and Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus.

Although i don't have a PS4 yet, i plan on buying it when the time comes. Even plan on buying Windows 7, and removed my non bought programs. Yeah, going hardcore i guess. I don't want to have a bad consciousness in a way.

The only thing i can sorta be ok with is watching tv series online, like in terms of anime and stuff. Since there is no way of buying it, since you dont live in Japan, or watching it for that matter. So fansubbing is the closest. I guess one could just use Crunchyroll. But in general i think that is one thing that is kinda ok in a way...

Edited by Lithophila
  • Brohoof 1

Do you guys consider piracy a sin? I mean sharing stuff online. I dont think it is stealing in the essense. Basically it can also help a person getting known so that people can buy his product. But its also important to support that person if you really like it. So i consider it to be sharing more or less, since stealing leaves one less left, while sharing is basically sharing content with others. Kinda like if you where to share food with others.

Besides some stuff i have pirated, i have bought in the past aswell, also on PS3 when i had it. Although i guess i will try to avoid pirating movies. But generally like anime or something it is hard to get either way since you have to live in Japan to get it. So fansubs is like the only way of getting it. But i remember buying Death Note DVDs because i liked it and wanted to support it.

I am just wondering your views on it?

Edit: Although i plan to stop piracing products in general though. Although i plan on keeping burnt PS1 and PS2 games, but buying stuff on Ps4 and Steam. Some PS1 games that i can buy on steam like Tomb Raider 1 and Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus.

Although i don't have a PS4 yet, i plan on buying it when the time comes. Even plan on buying Windows 7, and removed my non bought programs. Yeah, going hardcore i guess. I don't want to have a bad consciousness in a way.

The only thing i can sorta be ok with is watching tv series online, like in terms of anime and stuff. Since there is no way of buying it, since you dont live in Japan, or watching it for that matter. So fansubbing is the closest. I guess one could just use Crunchyroll. But in general i think that is one thing that is kinda ok in a way...

Well it's illegal but that's not the same thing. Just as a writer who does indeed plan to sell his work, creating art is the same as providing any service that I'm not choosing to give away out of charity. I mean call it what it is, stealing. Remember the eighth commandment?

My brother pirates everything from games to movies to shows and it drives me nuts. Not just that he does it but the arrogance by which he thinks he is justified in doing so. Not even a righteous cause that he feels he is somehow sabotaging some unseen abuser but he feels that he should not have to spend money on what he possesses the technical acumen to obtain illicitly.

While not everyone is as shameless in their misappropriation, the thought is similar. "It's hard to get this thing I want the right way but I really want it."

So while extenuating circumstances exist, I do think it's a sin to steal.

• Brohoof 1

Well it's illegal but that's not the same thing. Just as a writer who does indeed plan to sell his work, creating art is the same as providing any service that I'm not choosing to give away out of charity. I mean call it what it is, stealing. Remember the eighth commandment?

My brother pirates everything from games to movies to shows and it drives me nuts. Not just that he does it but the arrogance by which he thinks he is justified in doing so. Not even a righteous cause that he feels he is somehow sabotaging some unseen abuser but he feels that he should not have to spend money on what he possesses the technical acumen to obtain illicitly.

While not everyone is as shameless in their misappropriation, the thought is similar. "It's hard to get this thing I want the right way but I really want it."

So while extenuating circumstances exist, I do think it's a sin to steal.

Hmm... well the thing is its not in definition of stealing in terms of physically taking it, but more not paying or thinking of doing it when its easy to download. However downloading something under infringement more or less. But it is however stealing in terms of not paying for something that you downloaded. So its the reason why i have deleted most of the programs that i havent bought, have bought a new Windows 7 OS, i am currently owning a pirated version of it so yup. When i get a PS4 i plan on getting PS1 and PS2 games, Steam helps good since its so cheap.

The only thing i hate is that i have to be veeery patient with the next mlp episode. Because the only legal way i can probably watch it now is netflix :P. (But... i cant put the default audio language to english... ugh... the native language ruins it X)... But i have given them feedback in the chat on it. I will try to wait and see if it can be fixed. Otherwise i may just wanna leave netflix in general.. Edit: Never mind... there was a setting for it to be standard into english. I am saved ^^) And its to season 3, which i dont mind so much, i can be patient. But i'd rather have it in english as default and not change it everytime. Just ruins it i feel :P. I mean imagine, moving to USA just to see mlp legally. One gotta reeeeeally love mlp to do that XD

But either way, it helps in a way ^w^. Besides there are lots of free programs i can use in the meantime like open office and gimp etc.

Edited by Lithophila
  • Brohoof 2

It's not often I meet people with that much devotion, of which I'd like to commend you for. Kinda reminds me of Job and how he would offer sacrifices for his children's potential sins.

Ah :) now, where do you think the Spirit lead me to gain the idea from, hmm?  Job is an excellent book.

As to devotion, I wrote a poem by that name, posted it here back a few pages.

• Brohoof 1

Now that's all fine and good, but what continually befuddles me is the fact that it's God who says "then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them." What does this imply about human ability? Either in current capacity, or if we were sinless? I don't know if I'm just being speculative about what could have been, or if there's something of note in this passage along those lines.
 I took it to mean that, together and with will and fortitude, we are near unstoppable. Of course, this isn't meant to be completely literal, otherwise it would imply that humans can contend with God (something Revelation is happy to make us aware is impossible). As for the main problem, it seems to be that the people were putting a focus on their own human abilities and neglecting to acknowledge that they are incapable of going to Heaven except through faith and obedience. It was defiant of them to try to take it upon themselves to enter Heaven through their faithless means.
The notes said that the Tower prevented the "taking dominion over the Earth" because it kept them stationary. I suppose this ties into your "what could have been". God was not about to allow mankind to foil his plans of us filling the Earth and eventually begetting Jesus in fulfillment of the Word.
  • Brohoof 4