Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

Wow..just wow. Every single time the Gay/lesbain thing comes up, flame wars go out. I just say it I on the 'gay/lesbain is wrong" but i still try my best to treat the person like anyone else. Just as long as they don't go kissing and stuff infront of me like they should be proud of it. Jeez ihate thos kind of people who gloat about their sexual orniation.

on a unlrated note, i really fraking hate the theroy of mlp female pair able to have a foal dueo to 'magic' it just ugh...

sorry rant over, you can scold me now.

---
But yeah my church was thinking of changings its name cause 'brethern" sounded like a cult -_- are you kidding me!!

@@Reading Heart,

Put with far more eloquence than I am capable of evidently. 

While I appreciate the statement, I have to say wisdom and eloquence come from the Father above, as does every good thing.  I seek only to be a vessel of honor in his service, nothing more.

I attend a Southern Baptist church but I may be going to a Methodist church at some point. Personally, I don't like all the divisions in the churches and I feel like we need to work together more instead of debating unimportant theological points.

"But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless." Titus 3:9 NIV.

Unity in the body of Christ is found at the foot of the cross, when we all turn there, we find our brothers and sisters with us, I've been in many different churches, with many different denominations, and found more similarities then differences, and I believe that the Holy Spirit can bring us together in love and unity once again.  That said, the wheat and the tares are fully present in the church today, it will take the work of God to separate them now, for now, we must seek Him and His wisdom.

Wow..just wow. Every single time the Gay/lesbain thing comes up, flame wars go out. I just say it I on the 'gay/lesbain is wrong" but i still try my best to treat the person like anyone else. Just as long as they don't go kissing and stuff infront of me like they should be proud of it. Jeez ihate thos kind of people who gloat about their sexual orniation.

on a unlrated note, i really fraking hate the theroy of mlp female pair able to have a foal dueo to 'magic' it just ugh...

sorry rant over, you can scold me now.

---

But yeah my church was thinking of changings its name cause 'brethern" sounded like a cult -_- are you kidding me!!

In the light of eternity only love will last, if your speaking biblical truth in love, hold to it, but there is no need to beat people in the face with it, but generally this isn't what I've seen with many people on this matter, more often then not I see prideful or angry accusations from people, and then beating a dead horse.  So much of this has happened that often times folks who are within that community see everything as accusation, and react accordingly, which is were you get the angry reactions from.

Perhaps, we should take the example of the first major intercession within the bible, Abraham, who interceded for Sodom and Gomorrah.  I bring them up because people often link that with the matter of homosexuality, although if you really read the story, the real problem in those two cities was roving rape gangs, a much worse issue and one I doubt anyone would disagree was something that should have been taken care of.  

Instead of accusing people, maybe loving them and praying for them might be the better course of action?  

• Brohoof 1

I've been volunteering in a Christian bookshop for a while now, and as a result I've had a fair bit of time to read whilst manning the counter (it's not the busiest of shops.) As such, I thought I'd suggest a couple of Christian books that might be of interest to some that I have read recently:

1. Faith Under Fire, by Canon Andrew White. Canon White's account of his trip from hospital work London to ministry in Baghdad (somewhat incomplete, as he has written other books on the subject.) Made famous for his reconciliation work with various groups in the Middle East, and wanted dead by many for the same reason, Canon White somehow keeps faith and hope despite the chaos and destruction around him. Some of his views are fairly unorthodox, but I found his insight into peace and reconciliation very interesting. (Note is that this book came out before ISIS became a significant force in the Middle East, so it is a bit out of date.)

2. Growing up Amish, by Ira Wagler. Although this autobiography is mainly about the author's journey out of Amish society, I found it a very interesting insight into how families work; both for better and for worse, and how groups within a faith interact. Even if you have no interest in the Amish or Amish society, I think there is something of interest for you here.

If you're looking for something thought-provoking to read, then I suggest giving one of these books a go.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

I've decided that I'm not going to hang around on this forum much anymore.

I basically only interact with you guys, or threads where you might appear. Comments about christians on this site being insular aside, my interests are diversifying beyond simply MLP. The tip-toeing that I often find myself doing to avoid risque content surrounding MLP in general I don't really think is worth the effort anymore. I've had my fun, as I've also had in the past with Team Fortress 2, Star Wars Battlefront and machinima. I've been part of this forum since 2011 and I've had a good run.

If you want to continue to contact me, please private message me for further contact information. Otherwise this will be among my last thread posts.

We already chatted in private about this a week ago, but anyways I would also like to say farewell here too! I hope I can see you here once in awhile, even though we still chat regularly :P. God bless you in your future endeavors!

I've been thinking. What if Virgin Mary was Parthenogenesis

Which is why humans shouldn't have reproduction tools in general. It is evil. Or i'd wish to be a android robot if it was possible naturally ^w^

The conception of Jesus in Virgin Mary was a miraculous event, and thus cannot be explained in biological terms.

Anyways, sexuality by itself is not evil. Certain uses of sexuality is what can be evil, for example sexual abuse or when sex itself becomes an addiction. Anyways, on those cases the problem is not the tool but rather its user.

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and it made me happy to see there is a Christian thread!

I'm a Roman Catholic, and have been all my life, though right now, I'm at odds with the Pope because he's been saying some funky things that don't add up with established doctrine.

On the "gay/lesbian" topic, I have to be opposed to homosexuality because it isn't natural, and, apart from that, arises from perverted desires, because as @Sunwalker said:

Sexuality by itself is not evil. Certain uses of sexuality is what can be evil, for example sexual abuse or when sex itself becomes an addiction. Anyways, on those cases the problem is not the tool but rather its user.

My other point is that they seem to be EVERYWHERE and they INTENTIONALLY make Gay Pride threads and the like. I highly doubt that those threads are for connecting with others; rather, I think it's all a ploy to impose this agenda on us and to make us feel uncomfortable. My two cents.

Hope to talk with y'all real soon!

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and it made me happy to see there is a Christian thread!

I'm a Roman Catholic, and have been all my life, though right now, I'm at odds with the Pope because he's been saying some funky things that don't add up with established doctrine.

On the "gay/lesbian" topic, I have to be opposed to homosexuality because it isn't natural, and, apart from that, arises from perverted desires, because as @Sunwalker said:

My other point is that they seem to be EVERYWHERE and they INTENTIONALLY make Gay Pride threads and the like. I highly doubt that those threads are for connecting with others; rather, I think it's all a ploy to impose this agenda on us and to make us feel uncomfortable. My two cents.

I do agree that the subject seems to be forced on a lot of places, but it is important to separate some stuff. The problem on such cases is rather the political militancy, instead of the homosexuals themselves. At most, they are just being used for the sake of political interests. It is important here to keep the focus on fighting the political militancy instead of the gays. Like when you get slandered or harassed for expressing your views.

According to the Catholic Church, being homosexual or having homosexual tendencies aren't by themselves a sin because people cannot really choose what they feel. Uninvited feelings or thoughts aren't a sin. However, one can do choose if they live according to those feelings or not, so actions can indeed be sinful.

However, it is useful to remember that everyone is a sinner in some form, so don't belittle other people. Jesus didn't come to condemn but to save. He walked among sinners and even eat with them, he treated them with respect. Obviously he didn't approve and didn't incentive their sins, but he still treated those people well. “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.”, was what he said :)

Welcome to the thread and the forums, by the way! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Well it's "unnatural" in terms of catholic doctrine but natural in terms of appearing in nature. People didn't choose to be gay and they are asking to simply be treated as human beings. No amount of desires changes or conditions someone to be gay.

As for the gay pride parades, you honestly have no idea how much these people are hated against still JUST for being lgbt. Your bald assertion at spreading their agenda just because it's without base.

• Brohoof 1

Well it's "unnatural" in terms of catholic doctrine but natural in terms of appearing in nature. People didn't choose to be gay and they are asking to simply be treated as human beings. No amount of desires changes or conditions someone to be gay.

As for the gay pride parades, you honestly have no idea how much these people are hated against still JUST for being lgbt. Your bald assertion at spreading their agenda just because it's without base.

The notion that people didn't choose to be gay is without basis. Before, there were many cases of them not choosing due to a mental problem. Now, those people are the exception, not the norm. Now, people are becoming trans, asexual, lesbian, or what-have-you only in order to fulfill their perverted desires. I didn't say they were pushing the agenda just because, either.

And another thing: give me one example where it's found "in nature", because, as far as I'm concerned, I haven't heard that tall tale.

The notion that people didn't choose to be gay is without basis. Before, there were many cases of them not choosing due to a mental problem. Now, those people are the exception, not the norm. Now, people are becoming trans, asexual, lesbian, or what-have-you only in order to fulfill their perverted desires. I didn't say they were pushing the agenda just because, either.

And another thing: give me one example where it's found "in nature", because, as far as I'm concerned, I haven't heard that tall tale.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

In nature refers to such behavior found in many animals

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/31/modern-science-says-homosexuality-not-choice/?page=all

That is what science says and my own peice of anecdotal evidence.

And besides dude I am bi myself, I didnt choose to be gay to fulfill my own desires. I probably have spent more time not wanting to be the way I am than the other way around. I certainly did not choose to be. It's not novel either

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

In nature refers to such behavior found in many animals

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/31/modern-science-says-homosexuality-not-choice/?page=all

That is what science says and my own peice of anecdotal evidence.

And besides dude I am bi myself, I didnt choose to be gay to fulfill my own desires. I probably have spent more time not wanting to be the way I am than the other way around. I certainly did not choose to be. It's not novel either

Well, why didn't you say so?!?! If I had known you were bi, I would have reacted differently. I thought you were just trolling the thread. Sorry.

Well, why didn't you say so?!?! If I had known you were bi, I would have reacted differently. I thought you were just trolling the thread. Sorry.

Well you are being mildly homophobic so I will react. And why should it matter, if you're wrong, you're wrong and I should point it out

Actually, the only folks Jesus treated really harshly were the religious zealots of his day, who were often hypocritical and critical of others.  And the money changers in the temple, when he drove them from the temple.  For context, the jewish religious leadership of the time had said that no foreign money was acceptable in the temple, and so forced people who came to the temple to exchange money at an unfavorable rate, so that they could make more money out of the exchange.

For the first, he told them in Matthew 9:13, and he was quoting Hosea 6:6 when he spoke the words:

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

For the second Jesus drove the money changers from the temple, he was quoting Isaiah 56:7 and Jeremiah 7:11 

"It is written," he said to them, "'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'"

Actually, if you study much of what the Lord said, he would often quote or teach scripture in ways that people didn't understand it before, which is why he amazed the people at the time.  'For he spoke as one having authority'

Now, regarding the matter of lust and other sins..   there are depths to one's life within Christ, at these depths, what seems to be a problem at one will become less one as you seek to draw nearer to God, trust Him, for He always knows what he is doing, and He's always willing to cleanse sin from your life, if your willing to listen to his voice, and align your will and heart with his..  

Wow that kinda opened my eyes somewhat more though O_o. Although i have death anxiety sometimes. But i'll just try to do my best as i can do in general. Well that's my life motto atleast : 3

• Brohoof 2

Well you are being mildly homophobic so I will react. And why should it matter, if you're wrong, you're wrong and I should point it out

HOMOPHOBIC?!?! Well, excuse ME, but I AM NOT HOMOPHOBIC! Nor will I ever be! Where did you get that notion?! I find it insulting that you would call me homophobic when that was NEVER THE POINT! Now, how am I wrong? If it appears in nature, and, according to you, no one chooses, then you are writing under the presumption that we are animals, because it's just "nature". Do you believe we are animals? Animals are not in control of their minds. We, however, do have that power. Granted, there are people who "didn't choose", as you say, but most people do. Does that mean that we should treat them like animals? Of course not! But humans are distinct from animals, and that changes the game.

I honestly did not believe that I would be having this kind of a conversation so early into my MLPForums career. At LinusTechTips, I voiced my opinion and everyone respected it, and voiced their opposition or how they agree with me, but politely. You, on the other hand, entered to just prove that I'm wrong and that's it. You didn't say that you respected my view on it; rather, you accused me of homophobia. The proof is at the beginning of this post. You should be ashamed of yourself for just going out to bash people. I have my view, and I respect yours. But now I know not to expect that same courtesy from you (and I dare you to prove me wrong about that fact). 

May the Lord look kindly upon you, and help you.

P.S. Are you even Christian, bro? Because I'm inclined to believe you aren't.

Edited by Mario3D13
  • Brohoof 1

HOMOPHOBIC?!?! Well, excuse ME, but I AM NOT HOMOPHOBIC! Nor will I ever be! Where did you get that notion?! I find it insulting that you would call me homophobic when that was NEVER THE POINT! Now, how am I wrong? If it appears in nature, and, according to you, no one chooses, then you are writing under the presumption that we are animals, because it's just "nature". Do you believe we are animals? Animals are not in control of their minds. We, however, do have that power. Granted, there are people who "didn't choose", as you say, but most people do. Does that mean that we should treat them like animals? Of course not! But humans are distinct from animals, and that changes the game.

I honestly did not believe that I would be having this kind of a conversation so early into my MLPForums career. At LinusTechTips, I voiced my opinion and everyone respected it, and voiced their opposition or how they agree with me, but politely. You, on the other hand, entered to just prove that I'm wrong and that's it. You didn't say that you respected my view on it; rather, you accused me of homophobia. The proof is at the beginning of this post. You should be ashamed of yourself for just going out to bash people. I have my view, and I respect yours. But now I know not to expect that same courtesy from you (and I dare you to prove me wrong about that fact).

May the Lord look kindly upon you, and help you.

P.S. Are you even Christian, bro? Because I'm inclined to believe you aren't.

The fact that you expressed they could be forcing an agenda and putting it in their faces. And thinking it's partially a choice and thinking it's not natural. Not to mention some misunderstandings about the nature of homosexuality. For the purpose of this discussion I came in because I saw some misinformation and slight ignorance on lgbt people. Normally I don't post, I am an atheist but the thread is open to all but there has been some discussion in the past on evolution where the theory was straw manned and I intervened.

I am sorry I acted so strongly but the nature of my position on the discussion as you now know ignited some offense. Sorry about that. I don't want to prove you wrong just to prove you wrong. I want to change your mind on certain aspects of being lgbt because you seemed to not understand. I don't respect views I respect people unless they attack someone. I respect you but I do not respect your views on homosexuality because they are wrong. Maybe I shouldn't attack so strongly but do not just expect free flying of your opinions. I will discuss them. Ideas should be scrutinized, dissected and attacked if they are wrong.

• Brohoof 2

The fact that you expressed they could be forcing an agenda and putting it in their faces. And thinking it's partially a choice and thinking it's not natural. Not to mention some misunderstandings about the nature of homosexuality. For the purpose of this discussion I came in because I saw some misinformation and slight ignorance on lgbt people. Normally I don't post, I am an atheist but the thread is open to all but there has been some discussion in the past on evolution where the theory was straw manned and I intervened.

I am sorry I acted so strongly but the nature of my position on the discussion as you now know ignited some offense. Sorry about that. I don't want to prove you wrong just to prove you wrong. I want to change your mind on certain aspects of being lgbt because you seemed to not understand. I don't respect views I respect people unless they attack someone. I respect you but I do not respect your views on homosexuality because they are wrong. Maybe I shouldn't attack so strongly but do not just expect free flying of your opinions. I will discuss them. Ideas should be scrutinized, dissected and attacked if they are wrong.

Thanks for the apology. I'm sorry for overreacting a bit. I have a friends who I met on the LinusTechTips forums who is (or was, still not sure) gay, and, when he kindly explained the situation to me and how he felt, it was an eye-opener fro me. I've never been homophobic, but that experience showed me that you can't treat them all as the same case. Each is different. So, no hard feelings?

• Brohoof 3

Thanks for the apology. I'm sorry for overreacting a bit. I have a friends who I met on the LinusTechTips forums who is (or was, still not sure) gay, and, when he kindly explained the situation to me and how he felt, it was an eye-opener fro me. I've never been homophobic, but that experience showed me that you can't treat them all as the same case. Each is different. So, no hard feelings?

No hard feelings. Just be open to changing your views and having people challenging your views. I do this all the time on here.

• Brohoof 1

No hard feelings. Just be open to changing your views and having people challenging your views. I do this all the time on here.

Well, my views will change as soon as there is no argument against this. And I don't mind a challenge every now and then.  :)

Hello alpine, glad to see your still watching us, my best wishes to you and hope you had a good new years.  Now onto a different note.. just because someone posts in this thread, doesn't mean that they are christian, but it does mean that they are interested in what christians among the brony community think about certain things, which is fine from my view point, thinking these things out is a good thing for us to do, regardless of where we come at it from.  

There is a lot of good things I can say about mlp from a christian viewpoint, but any show that emphasizes kindness, generosity (or charity), honesty, loyalty (or faithfulness), laughter (or joy), and friendship is going to to find those, if it does them right, as those are also christian virtues.  

• Brohoof 2

Hello alpine, glad to see your still watching us, my best wishes to you and hope you had a good new years.  Now onto a different note.. just because someone posts in this thread, doesn't mean that they are christian, but it does mean that they are interested in what christians among the brony community think about certain things, which is fine from my view point, thinking these things out is a good thing for us to do, regardless of where we come at it from.  

There is a lot of good things I can say about mlp from a christian viewpoint, but any show that emphasizes kindness, generosity (or charity), honesty, loyalty (or faithfulness), laughter (or joy), and friendship is going to to find those, if it does them right, as those are also christian virtues.  

I personally find the show very inspirational and moral. And they say kids are wasting their time with it?! *scoff* Don't make me laugh! It teaches them 1000 times what Barney or Call of Duty did. And it's also 20% cooler!

• Brohoof 2

I personally find the show very inspirational and moral. And they say kids are wasting their time with it?! *scoff* Don't make me laugh! It teaches them 1000 times what Barney or Call of Duty did. And it's also 20% cooler!

And you get a Brohoof.. for appropriate use of the 20% cooler remark... mainly because I couldn't resist.

• Brohoof 1

And you get a Brohoof.. for appropriate use of the 20% cooler remark... mainly because I couldn't resist.

And to think that was my first try at using the 20% cooler quote.... Thanks a million! May Celestia reward you for your kindness!  :)

Also, that post was serious about how much better FiM is compared to the CoD and Battlefield crap kids play these days. But Rainbow Dash can beat Halo in 10 seconds flat, because why not? If it means showing she's awesome, Dashie's up for it

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks shipping is weird (especially the queer ones; no offense guys)?

Well, my views will change as soon as there is no argument against this. And I don't mind a challenge every now and then. :)

An argument against what?

And yes Heart, I did have a good new year.

Edited by alpinefroggy

An argument against what?

And yes Heart, I did have a good new year.

What I meant to say is that, when all arguments against a certain position have been refuted, I would change my views. Sorry for the confusion.

What I meant to say is that, when all arguments against a certain position have been refuted, I would change my views. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah I see. How about a discussion epistemology for the people here? It seems to be a very appropriate topic as there is a lot of justifications based on presuppositions from a Christian view Edited by alpinefroggy
  • Brohoof 1