A few more drawings by me. Opinions/suggestions?

FancyPhoenix

Okay so I was drawing again and I thought these two turned out pretty good :) What do you think?

post-10934-0-50826800-1357593250_thumb.jpg

Here's Celestia. My first time drawing her. And yes, I know the cutie mark is horrible :D

post-10934-0-28045000-1357593315_thumb.jpg

And here's everyone's favourite rhyming pony.. Er.. Zebra. :P I really liked this pose. Second drawing I've made of her.

Any opinions, suggestions, etc. etc. is very much appreciated.

• Brohoof 2

Great work!
You should upload them to DeviantArt!

I know the cutie mark is horrible

The cutiemark isn't horrible, it's your cool version of it :D
135638594966.png
UPLOAD YOUR STUFF TO YOUR EMPTY DEVIANTART ACCOUNT NOW!... If that's okay for you....

• Brohoof 2

UPLOAD YOUR STUFF TO YOUR EMPTY DEVIANTART ACCOUNT NOW!... If that's okay for you....

Thanks for the feedback :3 Yeah. Right... I have that too. Completely forgot. I'll do it as soon as I get access to a computer. (I have no idea how to use it on iPad)

How do you draw this? Do you use a how to draw website or just draw what you see?

Thanks to you too :) I usually just use a picture as a reference and just draw what I see. I don't really like all those circles and stuff :D
  • Brohoof 2

Good job on Celestia, but...

The Bad:

-Celestia's cutie mark is horrible (or what I can see of it; bad lighting). 

-Her nose looks very thin

-Her body looks drawn out

-Her tail looks too wiggly, but maybe that's just me. 

-Her necklace detail sucks.

-Her wings look very oval, try fixing that.

The Good:

-You put a lot of detail into the crown, I like that.

-Her eye is correct.

-Her legs seem correct (a very hard thing to do for a lot of people)

Overall, it is not a bad drawing, despite the fact that I just basically bashed it. Sorry for that. 

I'm not going to do the whole good vs bad thing for Zecora because other than her tail (a little weird...? Too straight, maybe) she's fine. Did you trace her, or copy her off of an image on the internet? Either way it's really good. 

I've noticed you have a little trouble getting details correct and I'm going to take two guesses at why:

a. You don't put too much work into detail and focus on the big picture

b. You just can't see the detail well enough to get it right. 

• Brohoof 4

I like it its really nice! Although I noticed some extra darkness on the tail, nothing to complain about actually.. I just felt like pointing it out :P.

I'm pretty novice when it comes to artist's anyways. So really I have not much room to critique on, but great job! Keep up the work and practicing, because remember practicing is really the main way to get better(And for the most part the only way.)

And here's everyone's favourite rhyming pony.. Er.. Zebra.

Aw, the answer we were looking for was Zecora. Looks like you will be going home without the prize money. Sorry, maybe next time!

I think that Zecora was drawn very well, I would of had a very hard time making Zecora look that balance, so props for that.

As for Celestia, you got the concept down, just some lines need to be straighten and her head a little fixed up. But overall, great job!

Edited by Retro_Derpy