Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony-Made MLP: FiM Trading Card Game

Gemini Rain

Hihi everypony! So earlier I posted on a thread about the trading cards, inspired by another bronie's thought of playing a game with the cards, to make our own TCG, since it wouldn't work well with the official cards.

I've designed two TCGs in the past. One just for fun Kirby based one, and another which has been fully designed by me and my friends in our game making "company" (Im going to college for video game design next year and have been making games since grade six) but was paused due to our lack of artists. So I'm all for making a TCG, and you can be confident I know what I'm doing. I've also played Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon TCG, and the new Vanguard TCG. And I play in official pokemon metagame tournaments. So be confident in my understanding of TCG me mechanics.

Anyways, all of that out of the way, I'm making this thread to recruit Bronies to help in this project, as I know it's certainly too much work for one man alone! So comment if you want to help, and ease use this form.

Reason for wanting to help:

Helpful abilities/skills:

What makes you specially helpful to the project:

Availability (how much time you can dedicate to this project):

Other possibly helpful info:

Thank you to everyone who volunteers, and I personally can't wait to see this completed, and to work with all of you wonderful people!! :)

~ Gemini Rain, Robert

PS, sorry if this is the wrong thread. It seemed like the best place to put it. If I'm wrong, then please move it. I'm sorry if this is the case.

Edited by Gemini Rain

Reason for wanting to help: Art! and the trading cards are awesome!
Helpful abilities/skills: Graphic Design, drawing photo editing
What makes you specially helpful to the project: I guess i could help with anything that is needed for banners to gain awareness or things like levels, helpful hints other art-tastic things
Availability (how much time you can dedicate to this project): As much as i can its really hard to tell but i can say quite alot
Other possibly helpful info:I know the cards and characters i make wallpapers!

There used to be a TCG made by bronies before, but I believe Hasbro filed a cease and desist, just saying.

Good Luck

PS: I'd recommend getting a degree in Computer Science or Math rather than a degree in Game Design. You'll have more job security and it'll help you land a game programming job much easier than just a Game Design degree. 

Source: Lead AI programmer for the Sims and various other experienced game developers.

Well apparently the MLP TCG idea pretty much immediately moved to its own thread without me noticing, so I'll summarize what I said in the non-game trading card thread here. Basically (unless this was already your plan) I'll try to take whatever card game you come up with and make it into a video game.

Reason for wanting to help: I love Trading Card Games in general, as well as other types of card games that don't involve trading and things of that nature.

Helpful abilities/skills: Not exactly professional level, but I have experience with various 3D modeling techniques and programming languages. Hopefully that experience will translate to Unity without too much trouble (preliminary testing indicates that will probably be true, though real usable skills won't come for a while).

What makes you specially helpful to the project: I am completely willing to do a whole bunch of basic gruntwork, since I'm not confident in providing support on the ideas or art, so I'll make a system that can play whatever is made but until all the rules and all the cards are finished most of what I can do are things anybody COULD do, but if I do them then people with other skills don't have to.

Availability: I am a current college student so I don't have infinite time, but my schedule this semester should be less packed than last semester, and I've always had spare time on my hands no matter how busy I got overall.

Other: If you don't mind the lack of originality, I can just flat-out list features from all the card games I've played before in the event you need a brainstorming session to get some ideas of your own.

All for a TCG.  Played quite a few for some time.  Obvioulsy MTG (everyone's played that)  Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters (anyone else remeber this? Anyone?),   Lunch Money, Munchkin,  Kittens in aBlender,  the list goes on.  Tons of card games.

Be more than willing to help.   So long as it's a little more origional,  and not just a MTG or YuGiOh rip off.