Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*SPOILERS*: Games Ponies Play/Fawlty Towers

Magic Man

If you've all seen Meghan McCarthy's tweet, 'Games Ponies Play' is based on an Fawlty Tower's episode, namely the Hotel Inspector episode because well, c'mon, the episode is gonna be about an inspector for the upcoming games.

However, this does not necessarily mean they're borrowing it just from that episode, the episode could draw from other episodes of the classic series. My preferred would be the German one. This is mainly if the games are international, meaning competitors from other countries come to participate, including by bureaucratic rules as stated by the inspector, the Changeling Kingdom.

Can anyone else say, "Don't mention the Invasion!"? 

Changeling Guest: Will you stop talking about the invasion? 
Shining Armor: Me? You started it! 
Changeling Guest: We did not start it! 
Shining Armor: Yes, you did! You attacked Canterlot!

What about you? What elements of the show besides the obvious could be present in 'Games Ponies Play'.

I mean, okay, it may be unlikely they'll borrow a lot from the show, but a shout out and a reference would not be out of the question. 

Edited by Magic Man
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really hope its got some sneaky references in but im not sure this would go down too well in an episode of my little pony. damn I love  Fawlty Towers.

LOL! No, I don't imagine that would go down to well.

Shining Armor: (after a very offensive Queen Chrysalis impersonation) "I'M TRYING TO CHEER HER UP, YA STUPID BUG!"

Edit made 18/01/2013: Helloooooooo? Anyyyyyone there? That's weird, I would have thought more people would have been more interested in this topic.

Edited by Magic Man
  • Brohoof 1