Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Games that made you cry. (NO SPOILERS).

CastletonSnob

There's a part of me that thinks that the ending of Halo 3 made me cry when

Spoiler

Arbiter is talking with Lord Hood and the music is really somber and Arbiter's says "were it so easy"

but I can't remember exactly if I did. 

The opening cinematic to Oddworld Munch's Oddyssey. 

Celeste made me cry a couple of times. 

The ending of GRIS made me cry at the end. Maybe in the middle too cuz the art is just so fantastic. 

Mass Effect II made me cry twice :( so far but I could only clearly remember why I cried one of those times. 

Sonic Heroes didn't make me cry playing the game, but I was singing the theme song in Karaoke and Idk the nostalgia, message, and emotion in the song kinda just got me choking up and crying :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

Big Metal Gear fan here so it shouldn’t be surprising that MGS3 did it for me 

Also Spider-Man PS4 got pretty heavy towards the end 

14 minutes ago, Miss said:

There's a part of me that thinks that the ending of Halo 3 made me cry when

Hide contents

Arbiter is talking with Lord Hood and the music is really somber and Arbiter's says "were it so easy"

but I can't remember exactly if I did. 

The opening cinematic to Oddworld Munch's Oddyssey. 

Celeste made me cry a couple of times. 

The ending of GRIS made me cry at the end. Maybe in the middle too cuz the art is just so fantastic. 

Mass Effect II made me cry twice :( so far but I could only clearly remember why I cried one of those times. 

Sonic Heroes didn't make me cry playing the game, but I was singing the theme song in Karaoke and Idk the nostalgia, message, and emotion in the song kinda just got me choking up and crying :laugh:

So this might be a big gaming sin, but.....

I played mass effect Andromeda without playing the first three mass effects,

And I LOVED IT!!!:wub:

Hmmmm. I don't know if I had a particular game make me cry. I know I have had games that made me satisfied. The Last of Us Part 1's ending was great. Playing Halo 1 on pc decades ago was a nostalgia trip to think about right now. Pokemon Gold & Silver gave me a bittersweet feeling when I finished them for the first time when I was young. Metal Gear games were also pretty great as some have mentioned.  Man there are so many games out there that I cannot possibly list with all kinds of endings that invoke powerful feelings.

Edited by StarlightNyars
editing?

2 hours ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

So this might be a big gaming sin, but.....

I played mass effect Andromeda without playing the first three mass effects,

And I LOVED IT!!!:wub:

I'm new to mass effect so also never finished the trilogy or played andro.

almost done with the second game, just tryna to find the right time to play the ending parts

There's a certain part in Nier: Automata that is really sad because it involves characters that I really like a lot, and I thought they deserved a lot better.  But from what I know about Yoko Taro, he likes to make things hard for the characters and the players, so I guess in this case asking for a happy ending for them is asking too much :laugh:

Also Aerith/Aeris is one of my favorite characters ever, so you probably can figure out my feelings around FF7.

Edited by Dita Bear
  • Brohoof 1

Hogwarts Legacy. Should be obvious since anything with Wizardry world/Harry potter related always makes me feel emotional. Since there are parts in the game they let you relive most of the iconic moments from the movie and the ending was just emotional and impactful. 

Dark Souls/Elden Ring/Bloodborne. Same creator, and the soundtrack, the bosses background stories and the graphics altogether, is just so overwhelmingly beautiful. 

I will of course avoid spoilers, so here are bare titles that succeeded at that:

• Witcher 3
  • Undertale
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • GRIS
  • Mass Effect trilogy
  • Ori And The Blind Forest as well as Will Of The Wisps

And likely plenty more that I don't remember at the moment :mlp_icwudt:

DISCLAIMER: I don't just cry from sadness, tears may come here from variety of emotions, which even includes crying from laughter in one, specific situation that due to no-spoilers policy I won't disclose ;) 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

• GRIS
  • Mass Effect trilogy

' 

Hey! I also said GRIS and Mass effect! 

(Mass effect II to be specific as it's the first time I'm playing through the series. So far I have cried twice in that game)

1 hour ago, Miss said:

Hey! I also said GRIS and Mass effect! 

(Mass effect II to be specific as it's the first time I'm playing through the series. So far I have cried twice in that game)

GRIS was exactly the kind of, as I call them, "artistic games" that know how to tug on my heartstrings. There are few words that could fully sum up how much I adore its graphical style. I am glad there are other people who had a chance to enjoy its wonders ;-; 

Mass Effect has some really powerful moments. Unfortunately here I still have to hold myself back, but to make it as non-spoiley as possible - stories with heavy emphasis on characters will always get me hard. Mass Effect stands out thanks to amazingly written characters! 

32 minutes ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

GRIS was exactly the kind of, as I call them, "artistic games" that know how to tug on my heartstrings. There are few words that could fully sum up how much I adore its graphical style. I am glad there are other people who had a chance to enjoy its wonders ;-; 

Mass Effect has some really powerful moments. Unfortunately here I still have to hold myself back, but to make it as non-spoiley as possible - stories with heavy emphasis on characters will always get me hard. Mass Effect stands out thanks to amazingly written characters! 

yeah I specifically bought because I saw the gorgeous art 

and wow the music was lovely as well.

Yes you shouldn't spoil it for me :please:

but I can tell you the two parts (maybe 3) I cried in II, with a spoiler tag :ph3ar:

Spoiler

1. when you go to the ruins of the Normandy and you're reading the Charles Pressley's datapads and can see how he changes and omg I was crying

2. when you meet Ashley Williams again and just that whole conversation of her being mad at you for working with Cerberus and she thinking you betrayed her and it's kind of fucked up cuz I dont like cerberus but she like f*** you lol 

3. when femShepard and Liara meet again finally. It was a short scene so cant remember if I was like crying or just welling up either I was ship femship and liara so hard jajaja so was happy to them again after getting them together in the first after long last of wanting to play this game 

I'm also going to go with GRIS. Everything about that game is beautiful, but the ending cutscene really hit me. It's one of those games that I wish I could replay again for the first time.

Not quite cry, but the video game ending that hit me the hardest was when I reached the Golden Ending in Persona 5 Royal. It was truly a long game, but every single second was worth it, doubly so with how wonderfully the Golden Ending wraps things up. P5R as a whole is the perfect example of a game that I wish I could play for the first time again.