Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moments of MLP that made you cry

Legendary Trixie

One of the moments in the show that made me cry was, Twilight's sad scene in Magical Mystery Cure.

Me too. When Twilight said. "Oh Spike, what have I done?" It choked me up. Same with when Celestia came to her in what I've been caling "Otherspace" and sang to Twilight to keep her calm during her metamorphosis. Another episode that got me was in part one of "A Canterlot Wedding" When Twilight sang about her BBBFF, I knew exactly how she felt. I never called him that, but I'm truly blessed to have my own BBBFF.

Hurricane Fluttershy crying scene +1.

Also I don't know why but I feel they seem to make Fluttershy cry MUCH more often in season 4.

I didn't cry during seasons 1 - 3, though I may have come close, but this season has had me reaching for the tissues several times:

• Flight To The Finish - I swear I cried from the moment we saw Scootaloo alone in her bedroom right to the end credits.
  • Rarity Takes Manehattan - the reprise of her Generosity song got the tears welling.
  • Pinkie Pride - I cried several times watching this! When she's following the others with tears in her eyes, through most of Pinkie's Lament, and when she concedes the goof-off
  • Maud Pie - the way Pinkie says "but we didn't even make our rock candy necklaces" and her voice just breaks ... I cried buckets, geez. The end made me well up a bit as well.
  • Brohoof 1

I believe I sobbed during the reprise of Rarity's "Generosity" song. 

When she was walking alone in the rain, regretting every single bit of how she treated her friends, it just made me pretty sad.  :(

No moment in MLP:FiM made me cry, either in a good way or a bad way (and I don't cry when it does something badly), but several things quite moved me:

--Pinkie's depression in "Party of One".  The mood whiplash from the rather wild interrogation sequence is just so telling, and the relative silence in which she takes it is far more convincing than all of her lamentations in "Pinkie Pride".

--Twilight's friends's defense of her in "Lesson Zero".  I it's probably one of the best friendship moments of the show, as well as helping deliver one of the show's greatest more subtle morals (that what you don't do can have as much of an effect as what you do do). 

--Cadence and Shining Armor bonding for the love strengthening in "A Canterlot Wedding, Pt. 2".  It's a bit of a deus ex machina, but the scene was just so convincing from an aesthetic perspective that it's easy for me just to enjoy it and believe in the power of love.

--Celestia's explanation of Twilight's new alicorn princess status in "Magical Mystery Cure".  I was surprised at how aware the show was at what it was doing, and it assured me, and the characters, that everything was going to be just fine.

--When Applejack says "That's the least of my worries; I just want my friend back" in "Bats!".  It's an old trope straightly played but played well, especially when she looks upon Flutterbat's flight and missing the old Fluttershy.

--The Wonderbolts history flyover lesson in "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3".  It was just really beautiful how they incorporated not just RD's style of learning but everyone else's as well.  The joy of it is probably the elation that RD himself had realizing that he in fact did learn about the history.

This is gonna sound reallllllllllllllllllllllllly weird but...the opening theme used to make me cry

It wasn't a bad kind of crying, it was like a...overflow of good feels kinda crying? I dunno

I'm just glad it doesn't make me cry anymore haha

I felt like such a nutball

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so the latest episode of MLP actually brought a tear to my eye, it was just....SO relatable in every possible way for me, and it kind of made me feel warm inside at the same time, LOVED IT! ^_^

• 5 years later...

Oh boy, here we go...I'm such a crybaby, and there have been several episodes that have made me cry, here they are:

• Magical Mystery Cure - Celestia's Ballad. Enough said.
  • The Times They Are A Changeling - Thorax is one of my favourite characters and that song Spike sang just brings out the baby in me/
  • The Last Problem - Do I really need to explain?
  • Father Knows Beast - I relate a lot to Spike. He's adopted, he doesn't know who his parents are. That part when he said "maybe you're upset that I have a real parent now!' wrecks me everytime, because I've said that when I was little.
  • Tanks for the Memories - Poor Rainbow..
  • The Perfect Pear - no surprises here, right?
  • Crusaders of the Lost Mark - MY GIRLS!!! THEY FINALLY GOT THEIR MARKS!!! also, The Pony I Wanna Be is so hecckin sad :(
  • Amending Fences - It's my party and I'll cry if I want to....:(
  • The Mane Attraction - That song Countess sang really touch me..

All of these episodes make me ugly-cry. like seriously, I can't handle it.

• Brohoof 2

I got misty-eyed quite a few times, but most notably for me was the reveal at the end of Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 (yeah, I know, probably an odd sounding choice, but I'm weird), several moments in The Perfect Pear, and then also the final shot of the series with Big Twi waving goodbye to Luster Dawn.

Since i'm a rather emotional person, I bet if I were to go back and rewatch the entire series in one big marathon, there would be a boat load of moments that made me tear up.

Cry though? The final song of the series / finale

• Brohoof 2

On 12/14/2019 at 12:45 AM, Js250476 said:

The Last Problem absolutely made me cry I literally had a headache from now emotional the whole experience made me.

Try watching it twice in the span of one day

That's what I had to do~

I cried multiple times during “Crusaders of The Lost Mark” and I teared up a couple times during “The Last Problem”. 

I’m sure I cried/teared up during more episodes, but I can’t remember which ones. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Being honest, I did a couple of times. I teared up during Crusaders of the Lost Mark, The Perfect Pear and especially so in The Last Problem.

On 12/28/2019 at 3:31 AM, Cash In said:

Being honest, I did a couple of times. I teared up during Crusaders of the Lost Mark, The Perfect Pear and especially so in The Last Problem.

Same here. I think those three are pretty up there on the cry-ability scale. The Last Problem's name alone is enough to make me get the feels.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/3/2014 at 1:55 AM, ReverieRiver said:

Is no one going to talk about Celestia's Ballad?

That song was just so full of feels... I didn't cry, but it was easily the closest I'd ever come to it watching MLP. :(

The emotions of it when Princess Celestia starts singing is kinda heavy. She was just kinda "killed". I know I was spoiled on the whole wings beforehand, so I wasn't really happy at the moment, but that part I always thought was lovely, and a few tears might have been shed.