Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What made you stay in MLP fandom?

Barpy

I know this sounds really cheesy, but I'm going to say it anyways. The brony community retaught me how to essentially be a human being once again.

I stay to contribute back, in my own way, little by little, to a community that very much saved my ass.

• Brohoof 1

What made me stay in MLP fandom? The answer is simple - MLP itself.

I like ponies to this day, so... that's obvious, that I'll be in place full of people with similar interests. =P

Other than that - Friendship.

I've made friends all over the place on various (even non-pony related) forums, so I can't simply leave making a single farewell post.

In one case, I'm active on forums only because of friends and some responsibilities I've got, because the thing, that the forum bases on (which is a game-making software) doesn't interest me anymore. Though still, I'll try to help with scripting from time to time if somebody will ask for help.

What I want to say is, that even if I'd lose interest in MLP (which will not happen anytime soon), I'd most likely still stay in the fandom, just to not leave friends behind. Besides, there still are non-pony discussions here, so even if I'd lose interest in MLP, there would be some things to do on the forums.

Also, I like the fanworks, that ponies make, so it itself is also a good reason to stay.

I don't have any connection with fandom in real life - only here, on forums.

WtvmtpT.png

YAY I just advanced to Butterfly Rank.  :yay:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

I guess because i can freely talk about ponies without being judged? cx it's just cool to talk to people that have something in common. all that aside, this community is one of the nicest i've ever run into. i've never met a brony who didn't treat people with kindness and respect regardless of who they were. coincidence? i think not.

not to mention this fandom is the source of some of the best artists and musicians i've seen online. and i'm gonna be honest, the (less extreme) horror side of the community had drawn me in sooo quickly

Edited by pix
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

We see kindness, honesty, loyalty, generosity, laugher and friendship from the show and in that, had positively effected each one of us and in return became into one of the most friendliest communities around. Before joining, I was hesitant to accept and to dig deeper into a fandom I can call forward to because of what I usually hear about fandoms in general. Most other fandoms seemed great and all but they felt void of a certain feeling that being a Brony constitutes too, personally. I believe that we as a community would want to life like how the ponies in Equestria live, you know? We all see a piece of us in certain characters we like and we can relate to one another through that character. We embodied the good aspects of these incredible characters and lessons from the show into our very own lives and that has allowed us to use the show to set as an example for others. Being particularly here for some time has made me more open, friendly, kind and upon seeing how others portray their very own form. I now can see how the show's message has affected us in a positive note into creating a community of great friends and fun. This is why I choose this place, this is way I stayed.

• Brohoof 1

I'm here for the people. I haven't watched any pony-related stuff in months, but I still come back here just to talk with everyone. This fandom has some of the nicer people in the world, so it's good to come back to something welcoming every once in a while.

• 3 years later...

I got obsessed with ponies, that's why I am staying in the fandom. I was not so much for the fan content... It is fun to see sometimes. But it is mostly for the ponies. I need more ponies!