Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What series/event was the peak of the MLP fandom for you?

Dr_Dinfield14

The MLP fandom has gone through a variety of events, in and out. For me, the peak was the MOV series, and Bronies React! Even Fluffle Puffle was part of MLP's golden era to me. Now, that all of that's kind of died down, I'm more on Fimfiction and the what not. Things are not as exciting anymore. Your opinion?

Fimfiction, too. I am actually retaking fallout equestria. Which I left unfinished because I got obsessed with turning the characters to human. Here is a drawing I made of Gawdina from the fanfiction in question.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.24ce80656ce41dea36ccea2210d7cf5d.png

But I was never too involved with the fandom. It's like with movies that come with the behind the scenes. I am not too keen in seeing the technicalities that make up the magic. It kinda ruins the whole thing for me. So, I am here because I love the characters. Especially this cute little blue thing in my avatar.

And things are not what they used to be, of course. But the show always peaked because of the show. It was the wonder of the moment. The not knowing what was to come. That is the magic that made those years so special for me. The anticipation. So, the more I know, the more I try to forget. It is like actual magic for me. Once you know the trick, the magic is lost. So, I do my best to forget. To obscure things.

During these last ten years in the forum. I've been mostly talking with myself. Barely any interaction with other members. That is the method to my magic. That is the reason I never finished watching FiM, nor I ever will, most likely. That is the reason the great majority of my drawings are incomplete. Everything I do is like that. Because leaving that open space, is the main ingredient for imagination to work its magic with near infinite possibilities.

3 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Fimfiction, too. I am actually retaking fallout equestria. Which I left unfinished because I got obsessed with turning the characters to human. Here is a drawing I made of Gawdina from the fanfiction in question.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.24ce80656ce41dea36ccea2210d7cf5d.png

But I was never too involved with the fandom. It's like with movies that come with the behind the scenes. I am not too keen in seeing the technicalities that make up the magic. It kinda ruins the whole thing for me. So, I am here because I love the characters. Especially this cute little blue thing in my avatar.

And things are not what they used to be, of course. But the show always peaked because of the show. It was the wonder of the moment. The not knowing what was to come. That is the magic that made those years so special for me. The anticipation. So, the more I know, the more I try to forget. It is like actual magic for me. Once you know the trick, the magic is lost. So, I do my best to forget. To obscure things.

During these last ten years in the forum. I've been mostly talking with myself. Barely any interaction with other members. That is the method to my magic. That is the reason I never finished watching FiM, nor I ever will, most likely. That is the reason the great majority of my drawings are incomplete. Everything I do is like that. Because leaving that open space, is the main ingredient for imagination to work its magic with near infinite possibilities.

That's cool to hear. Ponies turnt human is an awesome concept and your drawings are especially good! I never got into Fallout: Equestria but I'm assuming it was gold to many.

Those are some beautiful words... The magic for me existed for me in my childhood. I used to watch all the MLP videos I could and it all made me feel so cozy and stuff. You're right, lol. Most of the magic is ruined if you know too much about the technicalities; but I also liked the people. They made it worth it in many ways. Watching the community shake and rumble the world with each new innovation was quite beautiful, from fanfiction to outrageous animations like .MOV. 

The peak of my interest for MLP lasted up until the series finale! I was seriously invested into the show for that long. Every week an episode aired, I got so excited. I never wanted to end. But I had to choose a specific point in time, it would be S9. I was looking forward to how the series was going to wrap up. While it didn’t end the way I wanted it to, I can say that S9 was an example of my peak.

I wanna say season 4 was the peak for me. While season 5 I think was better, it was also the first season where I skipped an episode(Slice of Life, yup, the 100th episode), but what really did it for me was the finale, was just really shitty, but also showed the show was going in a direction I wasn’t going to be keen on. 

Then you know, season 6 happened and they put out Newbie Dash and almost made me quit the show outright and looking at it now, I probably would’ve been better off dropping it then 

• Brohoof 1