Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What made you stay in MLP fandom?

Barpy

(edited)

There's just this undeniable feeling of warmth and comfort that I always somehow get from it...that's too special to leave behind. :toldya:

No matter what I go through or how long I leave, it's always there. It's just a nice little support blanket that brings me joy. 

Edited by Lunar Glow
Submitted the post when I wanted to add more
  • Brohoof 2

- If I'll be honest here, I'd say the big hook for me was the villains and side characters. Twilight always kinda bored me. Otherwise, getting to know the others was a LOT cooler. 
- Fan theories
-Bride of Discord. (Not the sequel) 

the same thing that made me come here in the first place, the endless creativity this show sparked
and of course the people i met along the way
not to mention ponies aren't done, we still have a new gen to look forward to

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Definitely sites like Derpibooru. I would like to check out the art of other franchises as well, but most other art sites aren't very good. But Derpibooru has filters, an excellent tag system, I can hide images - it's near perfect! :pinkie: And thanks to the sources, I can always go to the original artist and support (if they want it). I'm really happy that my favorite franchise offers so much in this regard! So definitely the art for me, there is always something new and it keeps things exciting. And thanks to sites like Derpibooru, the process of looking for said art is fun as well! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

The creativity plus the show itself. Sure there were some bad episodes but still, the realism of everything and the fact that there just these wholesome moments kept me in the fandom, also the fact that the creative arts are still coming out. 

• Brohoof 2

What made me stay in the MLP fandom is the love and respect I grew to have for all generations, except Newborn Cuties. :scoots:

Possibly, also the guilt for the ignorance and disrespect I had for the fandom before I really started watching MLP: Friendship is magic.

Anyways, I don't see myself leaving the fandom anytime soon, even if I end up not liking what comes next.

:ninjadash: :catface:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

The fandom. Everyone's so nice, and it's pretty easy to make friends in this fandom. 

And then there's Derpibooru. There's just so much art, with an Excellent tag system, customisable filters and mention of sources. Really great at showcasing the talent of the fandom. Plus there's lots of clop there too...:orly:

• Brohoof 2

At first it was the whole positivity of the fandom. It was so nice to meet a group that loved a show that teached some values of friendship in a creative, fun and inventive way that didn't treat the audience like it was dumb.

Right after that, at least since 2014, it was the content created by the fans, because I started to meet some dense and nasty people who called themselves fans who love ostracism and looking for someone to blame. Because of these people, I started to not like the concept of a fandom. And it seems to be that way from 2017 to these days.

So I guess you could say that the fan content is the big reason why I'm still in the fandom, although sometimes I meet very nice people. If that sounds strange, I don't blame you.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't really stay nor do I keep up with anything new happening in the series. I had to double take when I saw the new banner here... like how long have I been gone?

• Brohoof 1

i'll stay in the fandom as long as i like friendship is magic.... & i do ^.^ 

although i haven't seen it for a while... i will, though, sometime :>

• Brohoof 2

I'll admit, I've been in and out of the Brony community for a while, but I never stopped considering myself as a Brony. The one thing that keeps me around is the overall positivity. The Brony community has a lot more positivity compared to the other online communities that I've seen.