Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What made you stay in MLP fandom?

Barpy

So basically, why didnt you leave and decided to be in it.

For me, maybe the positivity. It's not in real life, it's not in other communities, this community is the only one where everyone is kind, and before I was in MLP fandom, no positivity made me sad all the time, also CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is my weakness o.o

And you?

Edited by Burpy
  • Brohoof 7

the reason i don't leave is because i love the show, its so enjoyable to watch and your telling me there is a bunch of other people who think the same that i can mingle with? yes please!!

• Brohoof 2

the reason i don't leave is because i love the show, its so enjoyable to watch and your telling me there is a bunch of other people who think the same that i can mingle with? yes please!!

that is one of the reasons for me too

Bronies are the people who are by far the nicest to me. They will ALWAYS treat me with respect no matter what. And that's not the only thing. The brony community also makes really cute art and they're by far the best source of relaxing music.

• Brohoof 4

The show itself! Even though I watch it a lot less nowadays, I still love the characters and many of the episodes. In my case this forum was also a part of getting closer to the fandom again.

Sometimes, I don't know; most of the people are great, don't get me wrong, but those few jerks (especially the jerks which are well-respected for unfathomable reasons and tend to control MLP-related websites) really rub me up the wrong way. There's always elitism, even here.

• Brohoof 2

I stuck around because the show--mainly Equestria Girls--appealed to me and I figured it would expand my horizons. I didn't really start to interact with other bronies online until around November 2014, a year and a month after I first joined the fandom. These days, my passion towards Equestria Girls remains unbreakable and being around other fans has given me purpose.

Edited by Ganondorf8
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well for one thing, I really love Rainbow Dash and she's pretty special to me.  So I feel like with a character like her, I may as well stay.

Not to mention, the fandom is very nice.  I think the show's positive message really influences the fandom.  There are a lot of kind bronies and I'm happy to have at least one fandom I can be a part of that isn't extremely toxic or negative.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not a brony anymore, but I still stay involved with the fandom because of the friends I have made through it. I also still love the art and fan made content generated from the fans, it reminds me of the days when I used to be obsessed with the show