Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What made you stay in MLP fandom?

Barpy

I know it sounds cheesy but out of all the fandoms this one is the most welcoming.

Also I joined at a very low point in my life, and the amount of creativity within the fandom blew me away.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I got introduced to G4 when I was browsing youtube for My Little Pony footage because I was planning to do a parody of G1.  Then I saw a clip of Twilight, drawn in Flash, introducing herself to Fluttershy.  D'awwwwww!

I stayed for the great worldbuilding; the first episode's narrative of princesses and monsters 1000 years ago really grabbed my attention!  Plus, honestly, the first two episodes bordered on self-parody:  Twilight went from character to character, only seeing quirkiness and unwanted emotional connections---like you'd expect a newcomer to the My Little Pony franchise to see.  But then Twilight ended up seeing past all that and actually being friends with them, just like we, the audience did.

The first two episodes REALLY do a good job pulling you in, and the humor and worldbuilding and especially the characters kept me coming back!

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

The creative and clever OCs have kept me interested in the fandom aspect of MLP. They’re the most fun OCs to create and the most fun to read about.

Pencil Pouch is the best!

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The show itself kept me involved. I always enjoyed it and always looked forward to the new episodes. It also helped that I joined this forum.

• Brohoof 3

The show really did manage to keep me invested, but it was also the people I've met that are now my closest friends. Also this forum. <3

• Brohoof 2

Also this forum :lookup:

FIM holds a very strong place in my heart, especially because it kept being animated in Flash even after Flash was declared dead (to be killed off).

I feel like most of the show is legacy until some smart people return to the fandom with a mission to bring back Flash and its animation style. That’s why I keep staying, because I know there are smart people, they just need to remember their love of FIM.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Cos I'm stiil a brony, I'm brony cos of the ponies I like even G4 finish I stay cos of ponies I like, but also G5 out so, I don't think of being part of fandom, like part of community, I'm part of it cos of some ponies. 

• Brohoof 1