Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Parents playing video games?

Cherry Blossom

My mum wanted to play TF2 after I told her that I was playing with a few friends.

I was like, "Nopenopenopenopenope."

My mother used to be a big gamer. I still have her old NES, SNES, and N64 in working condition. And I remember watching her play through Final Fantasy VII in its entirety when I was in second grade. Nowadays with her work schedule, she doesn't have much time to play games, and when she does it's usually of the arcade variety.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

In the past, we often played Mario Kart Double Dash together. Nowadays my father plays World of Warcraft and TF2 while my mother prefers Animal Crossing.

All the males in my family play video games. We even have tournaments during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Most of the females don't get the appeal....the one's that do completely own the rest of us. :mellow:
  • Brohoof 2

My mom just sucks... my dad on the other hand plays tons of rpgs, I personally like fps's but rpgs are always fun. Personally I dont know their opinon of cod, but I never have them get it for me because I dont like dying every minute, I like atleast some stradegy.

The only time my parents ever played video games was the Christmas when we got the Guitar Hero World Tour game. We all played it that night, and my parents were like, "how are you so good at this." They don't play video games as much as I do.

I'm a pretty serious gamer, as for the rest of my family, they all think gaming is a stupid waste of time and that they will never stoop to my level, except my mom used to play mario kart with me, and even forced my dad to play with her once, he threw the controller on the ground with disgust...I miss those days, my mom doesn't do that anymore :( My sister tried gaming, but she hates it, not to mention she may be the WORST gamer I have ever seen,

Edited by weegeez

My mom doesn't play any video games at all. She hates them in fact :P

My dad doesn't either play any games, but my step dad does (and I count him more or less as my parent). I remember when I was little I used to watch him play Dungeon Siege on his computer. Sometimes we also traveled down to his brother and played video games together with his sons. The game we played the most was Battlefield Vietnam. But he isn't a real gamer. He enjoy playing video games, but doesn't do it very often.

Edited by Juggler

My parents were into the old Mario games on NES quite a bit, Tetris, too. So much Tetris.

They didn't do much on the Super Nintendo, but once the Nintendo64 came out they embraced the idea of four player multiplayer quite a bit - NBA Hangtime, Star Fox 64, Waverace64, Tetrisphere, Mario Kart 64, and a bunch of others.

PS2? They played that blasted console more than I did, though the only games they played were SSX, SSX Tricky, and SSX3. I hated the fact that they were better at all three of them than I was.

That's about it for consoles though, they never really did go beyond that.

As far as PC stuff goes, my old man enjoyed an entire boat load of old Janes military sims, StarCraft, Sim City 2000, StarWars: Rogue Squadron, and several others. He was playing StarCraft II a bit before his PC died.

Fun times, kind of miss them sometimes.

• Brohoof 2

I used to play Mario Party with my parents, that's about as far as my mom would go. My dad has played a lot of stuff with me though, like DK64, Banjo Tooie, Gauntlet, and Soul Caliber. :)

my dad plays mw3 and battlefield and some golf games. he's pretty good at it to.....but i play bioshock and minecraf and he hates those games so we don't play game together :(

My dad hates gaming, my mom just doesn't care. My dad tried to play Call of Duty: World at War, died a few times on recruit, yelled about how unrealistic it was, then left.

So no, my parents don't game.

• Brohoof 1

My dad used to play Toy story racer with me when I was like, 7 I think, for hours at a time. He doesn't play video games at all anymore, but my uncle plays video games in his spare time. He plays stuff like madden, killzone etc. but mainly madden.

My aunt and I also play a bunch of Runescape.

THIS. YES. I used to play all the time before my son was born. I miss it.

BACK ON TOPIC: My mom used to play the Mario games with me, especially 3 and Super Mario World. Both of my In-Laws are into games, though, just nothing that most would consider "quality." I'm a gaming parent, though. Morgan likes to sit and pretend he's playing (because we gave him a busted controller.) We played Skyrim together, along with Fallout 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Ultimate Alliance 2. Gaming with a two year old is legit.

Dad plays only plays simulation, RTS, and your good, old point-and-click adventure games like Myst. I enjoy all of them as well, but that's as far as he goes. When I was little he played the NES a lot. Built him a gaming machine and all he really plays are things from pre-2004, though after introducing him to Steam he wants to expand his horizons.

Mom hates video games.

I remember when Super Mario Bros. 3 came out there was an arcade version in the entry to Toys R Us. Whenever we went my mom would stop and blow some quarters playing it.

Over the years my mom has played her share of games. I remember there was a Xena game she loved on the Playstation, she was really into the Rock Band games for a while, Sims 3, Fable, and a few others.

Currently she plays WoW. She's very addicted and has been for a couple of years.

I love my mom, she's awesome.

Growing up My Dad and later on Step Dad both played Video Games quite regularaly.

Hell it's from them that my love of games grew into what it is today.

They still both play games regulalry even today so it's pretty cool.

Nope. They never did and never will. It's the age gap I guess and It would be really hard to get my father into games, he died back in 07 to cancer. If it counts I got my 15 year old niece into many games like LOZ, COD Zombies, and recently GoW3 Hord mode. I just have to find a game similar to Zombies and Hord that is ultra Violent...

What my Niece is a tomboy XD

My dad plays and is quite good at strategy games (like The Lord of The Rings: Battle For Middle Earth), but other than they don't play many video games.

I asked my dad if he wanted to play portal, because he says violent games are, "disgusting", but he said portal made him way too dizzy, and I haven't even tried asking my mom, cause I know she'll say no.

My parents don't play any video games. My brother and I got them to once but that was it. I think they're just not interested in them, although sometimes my dad will come and watch when my brother and I play games and ask questions about the system or the games themselves.

• 2 months later...