Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst Video Game You have ever Played?

Splashee

I remember there was this Chitty Chitty Bang Bang game I had on the computer. The only thing that made it Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at all was the namesake car. Nothing else from the movie appeared at all. I don't know if that was actually bad, but I don't recall playing a game I enjoyed less.

• 4 weeks later...

WCW Nitro on N64 sucked back then and sucks now. I saw what it tried to do, but it plays like a $5 PC game from the early 90s and the controls only exist when they wanted to. The game looks like it takes place in a warehouse rather than being in the Nitro arena, too.

Atleast the PS1 version had some cool trash talk segment on the selection screen. N64 has nothing going for it. It's just a hot mess. For whatever nostalgic factor it has, it's better looked at rather than played 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Inuyasha: Secrets of the Divine Jewel. I can tolerate bad GBA animations, sound effects, graphics, etc, on a DS game. What I can’t tolerate are bad designs of random encounters. Walking around is an eternal shore. Random encounters are excessively high. So high that you’re lucky to make more than two steps without triggering one of those. I would tolerate it with the escape mechanic, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, even that is a shore. The escape mechanic for this game consist in using the command, FOR EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER. No, escape only makes one character at a time to leave the battle, so not even that mitigates the horribly designed random encounters. Worst of all, if the remaining characters who haven’t escaped die, is still game over

Lemme preface this by saying I don't understand how people consider Sonic 06 the worst or even one of the worst games of all time, I played it and finished it on 360 before, sure it has frustrating moments, it's ass from a technical standpoint, but the hate was far overblown. I've been playing the PC fan remaster and honestly, it shows that the game would have been a lot better at launch if it was given more polish and time. And that's exactly what this is doing.

As for the worst game I've ever played, hard to say, Metroid Other M was insulting but it's not a bad game. Probably Sonic and the Secret Rings.

44 minutes ago, Celli said:

Lemme preface this by saying I don't understand how people consider Sonic 06 the worst or even one of the worst games of all time, I played it and finished it on 360 before, sure it has frustrating moments, it's ass from a technical standpoint, but the hate was far overblown. I've been playing the PC fan remaster and honestly, it shows that the game would have been a lot better at launch if it was given more polish and time. And that's exactly what this is doing.

As for the worst game I've ever played, hard to say, Metroid Other M was insulting but it's not a bad game. Probably Sonic and the Secret Rings.

I played through Sonic 06 earlier this year, and frankly even with the glitches aside, the levels all around just felt empty and dull and all the characters feel sluggish to control - all just lacking any sort of flow to them. The combat is also pretty monotonous and doesn't have any reason to be there.

Edited by ExpitheCat

• 1 year later...

One of the worst I've played is Wally Bear and the NO Gang. Literally no effort went into that game. The game has cacophonous music, bland graphics, horrific level design and enemy placement that leads to unfair deaths and terrible controls. There's no continues and the ending is a run of the mill "you win" that's not worth the effort.

The worst ones I've experienced are usually video games based on TV shows or movies where the makers of the game didn't even bother to try and wanted a quick cash grab.

Some quick examples include Superman64for N64, star wars episode 1 for PlayStation and countless others. There are just too many to list just one bad one of.

Also avoid Inuyasha secret of the cursed mask very cheesy and boring game. Very meh and ABSURDLY easy it's almost impossible to lose a fight especially during sesshomaru part he's an insanely overpowered team member....

Ninjabread Man.

Bought it and other shovelware titles for my Wii because I was curious about just how bad it and games like it really were. A pretty generic 3D platformer, the game itself was boring turned frustrating with the forced motion controls. Nothing can really be said about the graphics either, and the gameplay got pretty repetitive pretty quickly.

Chase the Express, played it twice keep getting bad endings and told me try again. Same happen to my brother. This game p*** me off. I watch it on Youtube and don't know how they do it. Don't what I did wrong. Hate this sort of game which make don't what to do and get bad things/ending.

Control, decide to play it and seem interesting but it frusrated. When I got back playing I was confused.

One Worms game, I used to like this games but this game stress me out and give up on it.

Star Wars Battlefront for the PS4. A massive downgrade from two games released a decade earlier :dry:

On 2023-07-02 at 10:57 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005), multiple endings, aliens and everything else:mlp_okiedokieloki:  

I actually love that game :blush: It was a childhood favourite of mine. Sonic 2006 is horrific though :yuck:

I'll change my answer. I still don't think Sonic 3D is a very good game, but it's playable. You could do a lot worse.

Worst I've played is Spore Hero Arena on the DS. Game so awful, it actually gave me a headache last time I played it. :/

On 2019-12-21 at 10:06 AM, Patriotic Brony 42 said:

It's not a fair question. There are games that are unplayabe.

Yeah. that's true.  And how do we even define "game"?  Where's the line?  I think the criteria for an all-time-worst list should be that it was a licensed game that was sold in stores (or on Steam or something like that.)  But it's still often a grey area.

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde on NES is really bad, and so is Hong Kong '97 on SNES, but I only played those because I watched the AVGN episodes and wanted to try them for myself for a laugh.  Because of that, I'm not counting those.  I want to make a pick that was something I played organically, discovered it "in the wild", so to speak, and didn't know it would be bad.

So, I'm gonna say... Realm of the Paladin, and '90s PC rpg.  It was so bad it sucks.  It was so f*ckin' suck it F*CKS.  ROTP absolutely could have been Nerd material.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Ride To Hell is every bit as bad as everyone says. Unfortunately the novelty of the “So Bad it’s Good” wears off by like, the fourth driving section 

I played the first Drakengard a few years ago, and I totally understand why people just play it for the wackadoodle story and characters if not just opt for watching someone else play it on YouTube.  Not the absolute worst game of all time but it's pretty clunky and rough around the edges.

At least it leads into more playable stuff, like the more recent Nier games.  Kinda hoping Yoko Taro and his team will decide to remake the Drakengard games in that style.