Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst Video Game You have ever Played?

Splashee

What is the worst video game (or computer game) you have ever played? Yes, you must have played it!
And why? Give a short explanation of the game or some video proof if you can.

----

So, this one is an easy pick for me: Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. At the surface it looks like a fan made game made by a toddler, but it was a real game title, being sold. Video proof:

You like trucks? This is the game for you. You like collision detection? You don't get that much of that.

• Brohoof 3

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22 plays like ass. I let my DBZ fanboyism at the time affect my purchase. That was a learning experience for me to be wiser with my judgement

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Megas said:

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22 plays like ass. I let my DBZ fanboyism at the time affect my purchase. That was a learning experience for me to be wiser with my judgement

Impossible. I refuse to believe a Dragon Ball game can be bad! *Looks at video on Youtube* :scoots::scoots::scoots::scoots:

• Brohoof 2

Sonic 06, officially known simply as Sonic the Hedgehog, is just so clunky. The storyline is mostly decent in my opinion apart from an extremely awkward romance, but the gameplay doesn't do any of it justice. It's the most glitchy game I've ever played that was part of a major franchise, and the glitches just don't make the game any more fun to play like they do in some games where you can do some really cool stuff by exploiting bugs. 

This video here shows just some of the glitches that have been discovered:

Not to mention this game has subpar graphics for 2006, awful controls, awful collision detection, it was rushed to completion when Sega should have just postponed the release... it could have been as legendary as the two Sonic Adventure games, but instead Sega put out this game that has become quite infamous for its poor quality.

(dis)Honorable mention for the DS version of LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. I get that there was content they had to remove so that the game would even be playable on a less powerful platform, but dear lord some of those glitches are bad and make the game come off as more of a cheap knockoff at times than simply a less advanced port of the console versions.

• Brohoof 2

Worst video game I’ve ever played?

Probably Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I’m a huge fan of the LOZ franchise and that game is just an all around disappointment. It’s barely playable in my opinion, although I’m sure there are people who’ve enjoyed it more than I have in the past. :coco:

It was one of the first Zelda games I ever played, and I’m glad my bad experiences from it didn’t deter me from getting into the rest of the franchise!

• Brohoof 3

There was one game I forget the name of that consisted of doing completely nothing. It was supposed to be a joke, like “Look, it’s a game that’s not a game! No gameplay at all! Aren’t we subversive?” But it wasn’t interesting at all, because it was literally doing nothing. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't play a lot of games, and really only have "bad eggs within series I love" to offer here.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is perhaps the best option for me to speak of because I think that it is both bad as a Paper Mario game and as a game in general. It really comes down to the game being directionless and the lacking of a level up system combined with the sticker system for fighting. Fighting enemies in the game lacks any purpose whatsoever, as there is no level up system and fighting them just takes up stickers. That made running through any environment really grueling for no reason. And the game just feels very hollow. The artstyle itself is great, but there's just something...lacking.

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, applesjck said:

Probably Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Having to redo the Ocean King Temple over and over was annoying, but at least you didn't have to deal with blowing into a ficky microphone to play a pan flute like in Spirit Tracks. I can handle the slow moving Train, but having to play precise notes on the Spirit Flute is nowadays impossible on the 3DS. I was lucky to have beaten the game once while it was on a DSi.

Everything else about Spirit Tracks ranged from okay to excellent, but being required to use the unresponsive mic? Well, I'm glad the 3DS remake of Bowser's Inside Story dropped the required mic feature altogether.

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Having to redo the Ocean King Temple over and over was annoying, but at least you didn't have to deal with blowing into a ficky microphone to play a pan flute like in Spirit Tracks. I can handle the slow moving Train, but having to play precise notes on the Spirit Flute is nowadays impossible on the 3DS. I was lucky to have beaten the game once while it was on a DSi.

Everything else about Spirit Tracks ranged from okay to excellent, but being required to use the unresponsive mic? Well, I'm glad the 3DS remake of Bowser's Inside Story dropped the required mic feature altogether.

Oh yes, the Ocean King Temple was probably my least favourite part in the game.

And I've never played Spirit Tracks, so I guess that makes me lucky. :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

League of Legends, but that has nothing to do with the game itself.

I'm lucky not to have come across too many games that make me want to break the disc, cartridge, or whatever into a million pieces because they're so bad, but I will say this: The DS port of Thrillville: Off the Rails. IS. SO. RIDICULOUSLY. BAD. And it's not in an amusing way either like the aforementioned Big Rigs or the memetastic and so atrociously bad that they're comedic gold masterpieces on the CDI.

The game is stale, offering no real reason to invest your time into it. It's just a bunch of minigames (which, are 10 times more boring than any Mario Party minigame) and a shallow mess of a single-player mode, and nothing else at all actually... The graphics are so atrocious that I'm surprised I didn't vomit all over my DS. The soundtrack sounds like something slapped together by your local elementary school band and put into MIDI form. This game has NOTHING, Nothing at ALL, going for it. I mean, even Hotel Mario's got enough dumb laughs to make your average early season episode of Red Dwarf jealous. But this has nothing. Nothing. At. All. It is the Chicken Little of video games.

Edited by Dustleeshus

As enraging as Sonic 06 was for me to play

I can’t choose it

No the game that gets this title is the game that even the guy working at GameStop told me not to buy that day. That it gotten horrible reviews, it’s overpriced and to save my money. That if I really wanted to play it don’t buy it now wait till it’s used and like 5 bucks. That’s how badly he tried to warn me not to buy this.

That game is Naughty Bear. The game where your a teddy bear killing other teddy bears. The weird glitches and constant crashing aside. After playing a few levels it became boring and repetitive. The gameplay mechanics were terrible. The camera was garbage. The missions are repetitive. I can’t say a single good thing about it. 

The guy working at GameStop tried to warn me not to waste my money. I should of listened

• Brohoof 1

While Modern Warfare (2019) isn't the worst game I've ever played, it's pathetic excuse for a "Spec Ops" mode is the worst mode I've ever played in any game, period. Infinity Ward is supposed to be a team of many "talented" people with their oh so fancy degrees, yet they are all so unbelievably incompetent and brain dead that they released this travesty of a game mode and not only that, they've added more content to it but haven't fixed ANYTHING AT ALL since the game launched almost 2 months ago. Spec Ops is so insanely unfair, so broken, so horrifically untested, that it should be nominated for one of the worst things in entertainment. There is absolutely no design in the mode. Enemies infinitely respawn and at a constant rate. Juggernauts are used everywhere despite taking several missiles worth of damage. The objectives themselves are boring and worthless. There is NOTHING good about this mode. Infinity Ward should be eternally shamed that they are such terrible developers that they released this mode and haven't bothered to even start fixing it. Instead they keep making more missions, but every mission is 100% broken at its most basic fundamentals. 

I am utterly stunned at this. It is an awe-inspiring failure of a game mode. Keep in mind, Spec Ops is literally 1/3 of the entire game too. So 1/3 of Modern Warfare is entirely worthless and basically unplayable. Yay. Infinity Ward can fuck themselves.

There are a LOT of games I've played that were terrible. You gotta understand; growing up, I didn't have internet, and the only place I'd get my video games from would be this bin at a half-priced book store. So I was literally getting the games nobody wanted. Some of the games were pretty good, some were horrible.

I think the worst one I remember playing was a game called Physicus (1999). Unfortunately I don't have any footage or proof of me playing the game, but whatever. The issue I had with the game was just how open-ended everything was. You were thrown into the game with a vague objective and no information on where to go, what to do, how to do it, in what order, etc. A lot of trial and error... mostly error, and I hated it.

A similar game was a game called Safecracker (1997), which involved you infiltrating a mansion and hacking a bunch of safes to win a job contract for the safe making people. A bit of a weird concept, but at least it had an objective. However it was still pretty boring... some of the safes were simple puzzles like tile sliding puzzles or "match the picture to this other picture" puzzle. Some of them required you to use Morse code or convert Celsius to Fahrenheit or whatever, which I did but promptly forgot how to do after solving the safe.

Then there's Demolition Champions (2003). It was a racing/demolition game, and while I have fond memories of playing it, I realize now that it was absolute garbage. The controls were clunky, the framerate was always jittering (not like I had the best PC to play it on tho), the cars handled like my first time trying ice skates, it was just a mess. It was a fun mess, to be sure, but just a mess.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say the Mega Drive version of Sonic 3D Flickies' Island (Known as Sonic 3D Blast in the US). The game feels like a mess and just not fun to play. I'm aware that the version released on the Sega Saturn is considered better - I've played it. The Mega Drive version just...feels like a complete chore. I haven't touched it since I was in Grade 7 and don't plan on it, unless I'm very bored for some reason.

It's not a fair question. There are games that are unplayabe. A lot of Atari 2600 games I turn on and can't figure out what's going on. But there are newer games that are also very bad.

Is it fair to compare some mess from Commodoer 64 to some glitchy game on PS4? The glitchy PS4 game is still probably playable and more fun.

Do we judge the game in the context of the time? There are NES games that are still more fun than new games.

Here is an exapmle: Dead Rising. Everything about it is fine except for the time limit. I hate time limits. That ruined it for me and I stopped playing after 1 session. The game was technically good, but I hated it.

I think a lot of people are complaining about some nit picky thing on a new game and act like it's the worst thing ever. In my day, the only thing you knew about a game was the picture on the box. And you got 1 game for Christmas and 1 for your birthday. If it sucked, too bad. These days kids can watch videos to see the game. And if they don't like it their parents will get them 10 others to try.

6 hours ago, Cash In said:

I'd say the Mega Drive version of Sonic 3D Flickies' Island (Known as Sonic 3D Blast in the US). The game feels like a mess and just not fun to play. I'm aware that the version released on the Sega Saturn is considered better - I've played it. The Mega Drive version just...feels like a complete chore. I haven't touched it since I was in Grade 7 and don't plan on it, unless I'm very bored for some reason.

The guy who programmed Sonic 3D Flickies' Island, has re-coded the game to play better. You can find his awesome (but clickbaity) Youtube channel here:

• Brohoof 2

Crash Boom Bang, without a shadow of a doubt.

It is so crappy, in the "It doesn't count as a video game" sort of way. At least notoriously bad games like Superman 64 or Sonic 06 feel like games, whenever it is said in a good way or not. This one just is an annoyance that never seems to end, and whose only aim is to make you angry at things for no reason :yeahno:

On 12/22/2019 at 8:41 AM, Splashee said:

The guy who programmed Sonic 3D Flickies' Island, has re-coded the game to play better. You can find his awesome (but clickbaity) Youtube channel here:

That definitely looks like a vast improvement over the original. I never want to sit through that thing again.