Yearbook Quotes?

Rolls Royce

I was just looking through my high school yearbook from last year, and I was just wondering, what did you put down as your quote?  Last year was the only year I could do it, because only Seniors could put down a quote.  Mine was, "I don't always make yearbook quotes, but when I do, I don't know what to put down."  

• Brohoof 1

Really? Haha!

Anyway, it's only my first year at high school, so up until what'll be the end of this year, yearbooks haven't really been important. We weren't really able to put quotes in our books. :(

Anyway, I have to start thinking of something to put down.

"There is no spoon, nor is there fork. There is only spork!"

That was mine. I don't know what it ment or even why I thought it up, but at least it was original. The rest of the students just went looking online for "deep quotes" to plagerize.

• Brohoof 2

I really want mine to be this:

"As you can see, I've memorized this utterly useless fact long enough to pass a test question. I now intend to forget it forever. You've taught me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system. Congratulations." - Calvin and Hobbes

Although it IS a bit long...oh well. I hate the American education system anyway, so they can deal with it.

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...

I had a few friends, sign my yearbook... most of the time they just put their name but there is hoof full of quotes here.

"Ah Randy get some this summer! and your hand dose not count!"

"Well bob it was great to have you in my class, you are one smart kid. Have fun in the 9th grade"

"See you in hell, Randy."

Yeah there are a few more... but they are odd.. really odd.. what? I like to hang out with odd ponies.. I'm odd.. so it works.

I didn't take any of that stuff seriously. I just wrote "I am drunk on blood and death" in German in the hope that it would give someone a complete WTF moment. I was considering a few different messed up things to say in German. What I wrote was relatively mild...

Dunno if we get to do that or not, but if we do i'm not entirely sure what i'll do...

I've seen sophomores and such in the yearbook and everybody really get to say stuff in the yearbook, but its not exactly quotes. So idk.

I actually am not sure, maybe i should go get my yearbook and look lol.

But yeah, maybe i'll just post one of my favorite quotes, that or something random, or something of my own creation that i find inspirational enough, who knows.

"Forever loyal, bold and true in the face of overwhelming odds and challenges." If I could go back in time in time to change it I would (not that I don't like the idea). For one I'd make it less serious and heavy yet still have meaning to myself, I'd also make it less wordy and I'd make it more laid-back. Yes, I would change it to "That's just how I roll." I like that a lot.

• 8 years later...

Throughout high school I thought of many for my senior year...

...only for the student Congress or whatever to decide to discontinue it. So my class had a somewhat generic and unmemorable Eleanor Roosevelt quote.

Anyways I had figured on something like "after 14 years of looking out the window, I'm going somewhere to be paid for looking out the window" or "we're the voice of the future, we've only begun" or "this is only the beginning, after what seemed like 130 years, this is only the beginning". Long story short, I'm not that good at quotes.

• Brohoof 1

I never had a yearbook. I’m sure I would have written something I can’t repeat here though. I wasn’t in a good place at the time emotionally and profanity is the one and only thing I actually learned in high school. I wasn’t terribly popular either, so I can’t imagine too many people writing anything to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...