Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cruise ships, yay or nay?

Loriem

51 users have voted

1. 1. Would you go on a cruise ship?

• No, especially with recent news events.
    • Yes, they are awesome.
    • Yes, but only small affordable cruises.
    • No, unless somehow I don't have to pay.
    • Maybe, depends on the company running the cruise.
  2. 2. Have you ever been on a cruise?

• Eeyup
    • Nope

I've been on two cruises and am planning on a third this summer. My first was Disney Cruise (aboard the Disney Magic) to the Eastern Caribbean and it was a blast. I don't remember much since I was only in second grade but from what I remember I had a great time. My next cruise was my High School Graduation Present and it was aboard Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Sea's to the Western Caribbean and, again, it was amazing! The crew was fantastic, the Cruise Director was so entertaining, and I had such a good time with my family. My third cruise will be this summer on Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas to the Southern Carnelian and I expect to love it, just like the other two. Eventually I want to sail on the Ocean Liner( not cruise ship, there's a difference) Queen Mary 2.  :D

The thing about cruising, like anything else, is you have to be smart. You can party and have fun, but don't get waisted. You can visit the ports, but if they're poor, stay near the ship. Trust your captain and crew to do their best and make sure that you know the safety precautions once you're on board. Above all, be safe and have fun. The whole point of cruising is to relax and unwind by doing different things. If you're worried about sinking or accidents, you won't have a good time. You must have faith in the crew that they will do the right thing in the event of an emergency. Happy cruising!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cruises are really fun.

I haven't been on one in a long time but my last cruise was in the Bahamas. My favorite cruise trip would be in Hawaii though. It was really fun. We went to many different places around there and visited lots of places. It was an amazing experience

In the cruise ship, sometimes you would see amazing structures. Also, you can see that your rooms are like hotel rooms but then in a cruise and if you do have a window or something, it is just really relaxing. Sometimes, you can go to the deck and have fun. I remember I played shuffleboard with my cousin a lot. :P

I'd really recommend a cruise. Even with the recent news, this wouldn't make my hopes go down. I still loved my experiences and want to further make more experiences happen.

The deep cold salty wide open expanse of water called the ocean ocean terrrrrifies me. My parents went on cruises which they really liked, but for me personally I'd rather do my travelling over land than the sea. I don't mind water but remembering how deep it gets would send me into a panic. So no, not for me.

While incidents such as what just happened are unfortunate, they're very rare. It wouldn't stop me from going on a cruise and wearing my Vinyl glasses (if I could find glasses like them) when sunbathing on the deck. :)

I would ride on a cruse ship. Though if I didn't know how to swim that would be a whole different story. Cruse ships are nice, big ships compared to something like a speed boat, which I particularly don't like since they have that "flip" feeling every time they turn. I haven't ever rode on a cruse before, but given the opportunity, sure I would.

Man, all this talk of cruise ship is making me regret turning down that free cruise i got. I really need a vacation, where i can hang up my uniforms and not have to worry about anything. Any ideas on what cruise liners are good out there?

Nope never been on one before the idea sounds nice but idk. To be stuck on a boat with hundreds of other people who could possibly be sick and other things you could think about just does not sound too appealing... But I have never been on one so who am I to judge? I think going on one just once would be cool though.

Personally, I've been on one short cruise in Hawaii - lasted about 4-8 hours, since it was only going frm island to island. Because of that, the boat wasn't enormous or fancy - if anything, it was just like a giant, wide airplane. It had rows of airplane-like seats, or the choice of seats with couches and tables. It had a restaurant, an arcade, and a children's play room. Overall, I enjoyed it - spend so long beating high scores in the arcade, yet also spent so long laying down seasick.

I would probably go on a real cruise depending on certain factors such as affordability, the company, and reliability. All I'm hearing on the news these days are cruise ships having major problems, yet also seeing how wonderful other cruises are too. I'm torn on the matter, really.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've been to one and had a lot of fun, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go on one. That's mainly because I do have a small phobia for cruise ships

Went on Norwegian Sun for my honeymoon. Cruises are great, so long as you don't have food allergies. He's gluten intolerant, and I'm air allergic to many fruits. It's so bad I have to carry an epi pen everywhere I go. It was difficult to go anywhere, since everything is enclosed, and had a high probability of making me sick. Hubs was sick from gluten the entire time. Then he got the flu. Then I got the flu. I guess when people are in that close of quarters, it was to be expected.

Anyways, when we were not on the ship, it was great. We were in Alaska, which was amazing. Beautiful scenery, wild animals all over, brilliant time. On the ship was a little harder. Norwegian isn't designed for people under 300.

Anyways, we're planning to go on a Disney Cruise, because they're supposed to be better about food. May be more expensive, but supposed to be one of the best out there, living up to typical Disney standard. Plus, they have their own island. THEIR OWN ISLAND.