Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dear Hasbro, You're making me broke! LOL

PrincessPinkamena

Having a 4 year old who is obsessed with MLP:FiM isn't easy lol I've spent so much money since the series started, and I've noticed some very sneaky things about the merch- for instance- Princess Celestia was always made to be PINK, even though she's white, and they "created" a new pony, Cadence-  I was so annoyed when I saw the "new" Princess Cadence talking pony- because my daughter has the pink Celestia, and it's the same exact toy, just with a different voice/cutie mark/mane. So of course, they finally released an accurate WHITE Celestia. They basically re-create the same exact toys- and when you have a kid, you're basically required to buy the same thing over and over again LOL  And now, I'm going to have to spend a fortune on new Twilight merch because she is now an Alicorn.... *sigh* I love MLP, but this is getting expensive...hahaha  :blink: 

And when the little fillies get their cutie marks finally, we'll have to buy the same exact toys with the cutie marks on them...Hasbro is genius with this stuff lol

The merch is so cute and most of it is pretty worth it, but the Wedding Castle was just a waste of money for us....I bought it, and my then-3 year old just tore it apart within a week....If they'd make a durable hard-plastic dollhouse fold out type castle, I think it'd be a much bigger seller. It was such a beautiful design, but not durable enough for the typical kid. But until that day comes- she just uses her Barbie Princess Castle as Canterlot haha 

On the bright side, I'm sure glad I never bought any of those plushies at walmart- now that Build-A-Bear is releasing MLP stuffies! Better quality and durability will come from BAB I'm sure. 

Don't worry it's money well spent as she will one day be tired of it and ask you to donate them to charity.  That's what I pretty much did with all my old action figures and stuff anyway.  But I guess you could always go on Ebay and find a little relief that at least your son or daughters not asking for the $10000 plushies

• Brohoof 1

I understand entirely where you coming from. My Niece loves MLP and she wants a plush made by the fandom she found on ebay. It's gonna cost about $100 but its worth it in my opinion. I personally want a nice Celestia plush even harder to find.

yeah and the amount of waves of blind bags that come out. I totally got hooked on trying to collect them all. I'm super excited for the Aurora plushes , Beanie Babies and Build a Bear ponies coming out ! 

And so many brushables too.

MLP is an expensive hobby...

I buy something MLP just about every week! I got stationery, erasers, and a pencil case from Walmart the other night! I am going to order vinal fluttershy this week. I'm not getting the Ty beanies because of the real hair. They look stupid, but I do like the aurora especially the rarity one. I also want the new twilight plush from that one site I forgot the name of that's releasing them.