Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Pony in Season Four?

100 beasts kaidou

Eh, I'm gonna bump this because I found this picture of the toy containing her name interesting.

img-1220589-1-my-little-pony-blyszczace-

So her name is 'Sunset Shimmer' which is obviously a play on Twilight Sparkle's name. Shimmer is a synonym for sparkle, and sunset can be a synonym for Twilight. It's also interesting to note her sun cutie mark as compared to Twilight's stars. She even has streaks in her mane like Twilight.

I think it's entirely possible she's just a toy character with a very interesting concept, hence her stock art is just a reworked version of Twilight's stock art. Maybe she'll have a minor role in season 4 or maybe not, but her similarities to Twilight are definitely there. Either way, she's a pretty cool design. A lot better than most of the other toy characters.

Also, it's hard to tell, but it does look like she's a unicorn. You can see a faint horn on her picture.

Sunset Shimmer? And she has a sun as a cutie mark? She could be related to Celestia. Kind of a coincidence that a toy has similar characteristics with Celestia. Maybe she will become a rival of Twilight Sparkle? Or maybe she could be a previous apprentice of Celestia that failed to reach alicorn status.

• Brohoof 1