Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Pony in Season Four?

100 beasts kaidou

I don't think so. there are hundreds of random ponies that get toys.

twilight isn't going anywhere, she wont be replaced at all.

even the "ponyville essentials" minis pack, has a ton of random ponies that have never shown up in the show.

the toys are the toys, I don't think they indicate anything in the future. even if they do, I don't think it'd be easily predictable.

• Brohoof 3

It depends on how reliable your source is. But for now, let's just label this as a rumor and that this might not be the case.

Also, Twilight isn't getting off the show. She will be having adventures with her friends. :3 Don't worry. 

• Brohoof 3

It depends on how reliable your source is. But for now, let's just label this as a rumor and that this might not be the case.

Also, Twilight isn't getting off the show. She will be having adventures with her friends. :3 Don't worry. 

I agree to this..

I remember seeing a post on EQD, where they were talking about that Hasbro wanted to add a pony to the mane 6. People wanted it to be Derpy or Vinyl and they were supposed to represent something.. Like the element of wubs or innosence. It was just a chat.. Nothing to really take seriously, but this makes sense.. They wanted to add someone new to the mane 6 to sell toys. Since most people have already bought all of the mane 6. So to be able to sell more, they were thinking about adding a new pony to the mane 6.. This all makes sense now, since the pony on the picture is obviously a unicorn, and she has cutie mark combined with "jin jan" and Celestia's cutie mark...Maybe she will be Twilight's rival, just more powerfull then Trixie or a new friend to the mane 6. I would not be surprised if they will add her to the mane 6 and start calling it the mane 7.. But hopefully they wont. It makes sense due to them wanting to add a pony to the mane 6, but it's not like i want it to happen.. Maybe they will just meet her in the next season, while traveling around Equestria. Like Trixie, she will appear but maybe just a couple of times. But on other notes, her colours are nice, it will be fun seeing her in the next season. These are all just my speculations, so do not take them seriously.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Okay so I was lurking on the interner and I found this.

img-1199782-1-8459433667_0dc7cb801e_o.jpSo I thought this Pony is going to appear in Season Four. And I could not help but think she would replaceTwilight in the Mane Six. 

any thoughts on this?

You see, THIS is what i think SHOULD happen. I can tell, because in the Mane 6 there is a natural balance: Two Unicorns (Twilight/Rarity), two Pegasi (Dash/Fluttershy) and two Earth Ponies (Pinkie/AJ). With Twilight becoming an Alicorn there's an imbalance: We have, instead of 2 unicorns, one unicorn and one alicorn. Even if you took an alicorn to be both a pegasus and a unicorn at the same time, that still means there's one too many ponies with wings! There's a natural imbalance caused by Twilight's transformation, and as such she needs replacing.

• Brohoof 3

Nah. replace Twilight? I don't think so. Honestly though, it looks like a possible pony we'll see in a Saddle Arabia episode. Maybe the mane six travel there, and happen to meet these kinds of ponies. 

The show wouldn't replace Twilight. They said themselves that she would remain in Ponyville and still interact with her friends. So this pony won't really replace her. However, this pony is probably from Saddle Arabia, judging by the looks and cutie mark. So maybe that's a possibility. :)

But this looks interesting! Wonder what this pony is. Guess we'll have to wait and see! :D

• Brohoof 1

No way they can replace Twilight xP They made her an alicorn, but I don't think they'd go that far to replace her. Although I do imagine her looking like a 'royal' type of pony looking at her cutie mark, it sort of reminds me of a Celestia's cutie mark and a phoenix. I do hope they will ad more characters, I highly doubt they would leave season four having 26 episodes without adding at least one new character to the show.

I'm pretty sure that Tara Strong confirmed several times that Twilight isn't abandoning the Mane Six.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that she also said that Twilight was going to stay in Ponyville.  Adding a new pony in season 4 would be interesting, but it's not going to be a replacement for Twilight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight isn't leaving the Mane Six. And while I don't like that the Mane Six are unbalanced, the answer to that isn't adding another member. That would be a far greater sign of jumping the shark than Alicorn Twilight could ever be.

• Brohoof 3

Gee, I hope not. Having a new character appear in a couple episodes is one thing (think Babs Seed or Trixie), but to introduce a brand new "full time" character would require ALOT of backstory and would take up alot of screentime.

Besides, there are only six Elements of Harmony. Even if Twilight controls all of them now (just a theory, mind you), the Mane 6 became friends primarily because of the Elements, so adding a new pony would just be silly, especially if a new villain comes along:

Twilight: "We're gonna stop you with the elements of harmony!"

New Pony: "What do I do?"

Rarity: "Why don't you just sit on the sidelines and let us handle this, darling?"

Edited by Twinhead B
  • Brohoof 3

I don't think so. There are a ton of Hasbro toys out there that aren't actually in the show. Last year's toy fair had a similar setup for the wedding playset, and it featured two ponies that were part of the wedding line but were never seen in the show.

Besides, if I remember correctly, the only brushable pony to be released and added to the show later was Blossomforth.

• Brohoof 2

Before Twilight's transformation, her cutie mark had five stars on it, one for each of friends and their respective elements. Now it has six. This could potentially mean a new friend, or it could just be the actualization of her element. The placement of the original five stars leads me to believe the latter.

It does seem like something Hasbro would do to sell more toys. They've already proven that they're willing to make drastic changes to the show to do so.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if I do or don't like the idea of a new mane character. Twilight is NOT going anywhere, we know that. But, now that she's an alicorn, it does seem a little bit imbalanced. Adding new main characters to a show in later seasons is not out of the question. Plenty of other shows have done it and were still successful. What I want to know is, what can they possibly do with a new character? The Mane Six have almost every character trait I can think of already in use. Can a seventh main character add anything new? And while I'm really digging her red and yellow mane, she's just too similar looking to Applejack with her orange coat. We'd probably have to see how she would look in the show though. These toys are not that accurate.

And a new mane character means less episodes for the others, because now they'd essentially have another mouth to feed. Where would she live? What would her job be? I have no doubt that the writers COULD handle a seventh main character, but it just seems pointless. They'd have to come up with a winning personality for her that isn't too close to any other mane character.

Maybe a new pony, but nobody will replace Twilight. Twilight is the mainiest-of-main character in the show, and replacing her would be stupid. Tara Strong said that Twilight will stay Twilight, and she's staying in Ponyville.

Eh, I'm gonna bump this because I found this picture of the toy containing her name interesting.

my-little-pony-blyszczace-kucyki-sunset-

So her name is 'Sunset Shimmer' which is obviously a play on Twilight Sparkle's name. Shimmer is a synonym for sparkle, and sunset can be a synonym for Twilight. It's also interesting to note her sun cutie mark as compared to Twilight's stars. She even has streaks in her mane like Twilight.

I think it's entirely possible she's just a toy character with a very interesting concept, hence her stock art is just a reworked version of Twilight's stock art. Maybe she'll have a minor role in season 4 or maybe not, but her similarities to Twilight are definitely there. Either way, she's a pretty cool design. A lot better than most of the other toy characters.

Also, it's hard to tell, but it does look like she's a unicorn. You can see a faint horn on her picture.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

Well you can't really just replace Twilight to be honest :P. but I think the most I'd consider this is a rumor, however I highly doubt it means anything, i mean I've seen plenty of times where people think toys will become part of the mane 6, and well it hasn't happened yet.

Its possible I suppose, but I highly highly doubt it, I'll leave it as a small possablitiy of a rumor, but I don't really believe it.

Twilights suppose to be staying with her friends anyways according to what i've heard in producer tweets and such.

So her name is 'Sunset Shimmer' which is obviously a play on Twilight Sparkle's name. Shimmer is a synonym for sparkle, and sunset can be a synonym for Twilight. It's also interesting to note her sun cutie mark as compared to Twilight's stars. She even has streaks in her mane like Twilight.

I think it's entirely possible she's just a toy character with a very interesting concept, hence her stock art is just a reworked version of Twilight's stock art. Maybe she'll have a minor role in season 4 or maybe not, but her similarities to Twilight are definitely there. Either way, she's a pretty cool design. A lot better than most of the other toy characters.

Also, it's hard to tell, but it does look like she's a unicorn. You can see a faint horn on her picture.

This gives me a grat idea for an episode where Twilight's spending too much time in Canterlot, so the rest of the Mane Six hire a replacement friend who's exactly like her.  :lol:

Alternatively, she could be Bizarro Twilight...

• Brohoof 1

Before Twilight's transformation, her cutie mark had five stars on it, one for each of friends and their respective elements. Now it has six. This could potentially mean a new friend, or it could just be the actualization of her element. The placement of the original five stars leads me to believe the latter.

It does seem like something Hasbro would do to sell more toys. They've already proven that they're willing to make drastic changes to the show to do so.

Well this is something l consider now that you mention it. About the six stars I mean.

I for one don't think that adding a new character will replace Twilight. I mean Tara confirmed that she won't abandon the mane six.

On the other hand it is in the realm of possibility that Hasbro may implement a new character to say "look a new character, buy her to complete your set". It does seem like Hasbro may do, and don't lie that they won't try something to sell more toys. Alicorn Twilight wasn't the first change and she won't be the last.

Look If it does happen I will be fine with it as long as the new character does not make the show lose quality. If the writers can pull it of (which I think they can) then I will be perfectly fine.

As for those who say then the new character will need more backstory, well that will led to episodeds dedicated to that particular character which keeps the show going and gives time to develope the old characters as well.

Look I trust the writers an I know that if Hasbro told them to do this then they can pull it off.

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think she's a replacement for Twilight Sparkle.  But I did hear rumors somewhere of a possible candidate for Princess Celestia's daughter.  And if those rumors are true, then maybe this is her (which might also explain her cutie mark).

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

At the recent Unicon, I'm pretty sure the writers confirmed that the six stars on the banners and in the sky after twilights transformation was indeed an animation error. If you look at her actual cutie mark, in the few frames we actually get to see it, its still the same.

• Brohoof 1

At the recent Unicon, I'm pretty sure the writers confirmed that the six stars on the banners and in the sky after twilights transformation was indeed an animation error. If you look at her actual cutie mark, in the few frames we actually get to see it, its still the same.

There is no way that was an animation error. No way. It was done way too many times for it to be unintentional. Do you really think they'd screw something that big up for several different scenes?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

You see, THIS is what i think SHOULD happen. I can tell, because in the Mane 6 there is a natural balance: Two Unicorns (Twilight/Rarity), two Pegasi (Dash/Fluttershy) and two Earth Ponies (Pinkie/AJ). With Twilight becoming an Alicorn there's an imbalance: We have, instead of 2 unicorns, one unicorn and one alicorn. Even if you took an alicorn to be both a pegasus and a unicorn at the same time, that still means there's one too many ponies with wings! There's a natural imbalance caused by Twilight's transformation, and as such she needs replacing.

But Fluttershy doesn't really "use" her wings. Does her being a pegasus count when she usually acts like an earth pony? It seems to me an imbalance already existed.

Basically, the balance of pony types was only important for selling toys so the Mane 6 would have variety. Twilicorn gives it more variety, so I don't see the problem, at least from Hasbro's point of view.

Edited by Misterfanwank

She might become a semi-mane pony, but I have huge, HUGE doubts she's going to replace Twilight. I mean, Twilight just turned into an Alicorn, so I don't think she's gonna just immediately get taken off the show.