Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there a Illuminati-esque Underground Movement in Equestria?

MMFAN

Okay, so I was rewatching one of my favorite episodes from season 2, May The Best Pet Win. Simply put I noticed in the song of the same name "May The Best Pet Win". That Dash wants a pet that defies gravity. Given this, I'm drawing the conclusion that everypony has a concept of physics within the show. Therefore, do you think there might be an earth pony secret society trying to quell magic and flight from Equestria?  

Thoughts and opinions?

• Brohoof 2

I don't feel like they have any issue with simple physics; I think they realize magic just defies it.  As for pegasi, flight is a simple concept of aerodynamics, which has nothing to do with gravity.  

1be626aa187a2be57f04697424060b2036710e78

Amon- I will take the unicorns magic and the Pegasus flying away from them. Then the earth pony races will take over.

(Just kidding)

No, I don't think there is such a group in equstria. Their world needs pegasus flying in order to control the weather and unicorn magic is also helpful to. So I don't think earth ponies would want it gone.

Also if you look at the episode, Spike at Your Service and Just for Sidekicks, you will see that an earth pony owns the purple ballon. So earth ponies have their own way of flying.

Spike_walks_Applejack_home_S03E09.png

• Brohoof 2

Yes. The Illumineighty staged the Changeling attack on Canterlot with Celestia to create a false flag policy so they could invade the Changeling kingdom for their valuable liquid rainbow reserves.

Edited by Jammo

(edited)

First of all I'm not understanding how you got to the conclusion on a pony Illuminati around with that. The only Illuminati in MLP currently is Chrysalis and her dragonflies.

Edited by poniesforfun

I don't think so. Not at all. I think Earth Ponies are content with being the way they are. I think a lot of the problems in Equestria are caused by magic. And thus have to be fixed with magic. But it is useful. Lauren Faust said most ground vehicles in Equestria are Imbued with unicorn magic so i would imagine that is extremely helpful. And the Pegasi ability to manipulate weather is what makes them interesting not that they can fly.

I think that if such a movement existed it would have existed before the 3 tribes unified and formed Equestria. Because it can be inferred that before the unification The Earth Ponies were really the ones on top. The Unicorns could have refused to bring about night and day but they would have suffered because the sun couldn't grow food. And the Pegasi could have refused to help bring water to those crops. But they would have also suffered. The simplicity of the Earth Ponies enables them to adapt. They work harder because they cant use magic.

Interestingly if you remember Zecora could do magic. Maybe if Zebras had been present then they would have had an alliance with the Earth Ponies of some sort :ph34r:. Would be interesting to see.

(edited)

First of all I'm not understanding how you got to the conclusion on a pony Illuminati around with that. The only Illuminati in MLP currently is Chrysalis and her dragonflies.

Well I was just assuming that since the ponies have a concept of gravity and therefore physics, that there must be a group that has a strict adherence to physics and science and they shun unicorn magic and pegasi flight. Purely theoretical.

I don't think so. Not at all. I think Earth Ponies are content with being the way they are. I think a lot of the problems in Equestria are caused by magic. And thus have to be fixed with magic. But it is useful. Lauren Faust said most ground vehicles in Equestria are Imbued with unicorn magic so i would imagine that is extremely helpful. And the Pegasi ability to manipulate weather is what makes them interesting not that they can fly.

I think that if such a movement existed it would have existed before the 3 tribes unified and formed Equestria. Because it can be inferred that before the unification The Earth Ponies were really the ones on top. The Unicorns could have refused to bring about night and day but they would have suffered because the sun couldn't grow food. And the Pegasi could have refused to help bring water to those crops. But they would have also suffered. The simplicity of the Earth Ponies enables them to adapt. They work harder because they cant use magic.

Interestingly if you remember Zecora could do magic. Maybe if Zebras had been present then they would have had an alliance with the Earth Ponies of some sort :ph34r:. Would be interesting to see.

Agreed, as this supposed cult could have existed at any time. I love the zebra idea though, brilliant.

Edited by MMFAN