Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Miss Derpy's art! (First pony drawing)

Mightymags

This is the first real pony drawing I've done. I used a tutorial to help with the shape of the body and so I can get used to drawing ponies. I did pages of eyes and legs and facial expressions that I'll use on future ponies!

This isn't really an OC except it's kind of the style of mane I want to have on mine. Ignore the tail it looks kind of weird and I didn't feel like fixing it. :P

Any critiques/advice would be much appreciated! And please let me know what you think. 

Also, sorry for the terrible quality, my scanner isn't working so I had to take a picture of it.  :(

post-9921-0-52962900-1362034999_thumb.jpg

DON'T JUST BROHOOF IT! I want to know what people think of it! 

I really like getting feedback on my art, it helps out a lot for future drawings. 

• Brohoof 13

Nice work, mate. Especially for your first drawing. I'm not an expert at critiquing artwork, but.. I think the neck could be thinner and shorter. But then again, I may be wrong. Good job none the less.

• Brohoof 1

Im just going to brohoof it...

This looks good, and since you asked for my feedback.. I would say that there are a few things that could have gone better, the size of the horn and maybe her mouth. Her hair looks good. Im not too much for criticizing.. This looks good and for a first pony drawing this looks amazing.. Great work.

• Brohoof 1

How did you post a picture? I am have trouble trying to figure it out because I'm new and I've only been here for less than a week.

It took me forever to figure out how to do that too. XD I literally clicked every button there was before I found it. It's actually right below the box where you type, I think it's a button that says "upload a file" or something like that. 

• Brohoof 1

I think I know exactly what tutorial thou have used... I believe I used the same for my first ever pony-drawing~

And I'd say yours is WAY better than mine! (Though I might have tried to improvise more than I should have that early...)

• Brohoof 2

Wow thats some pretty good looking art there Miss derpy :D. Doing better then I am haha.

I can't really see anything that I can critique, but I'm not the best art analyzer, so idk :P.

Great job though, your off to a wonderful start! I'm excited to see more in the future!(Maybe even some colored ones :D)

• Brohoof 2

This is the first real pony drawing I've done. I used a tutorial to help with the shape of the body and so I can get used to drawing ponies. I did pages of eyes and legs and facial expressions that I'll use on future ponies!

This isn't really an OC except it's kind of the style of mane I want to have on mine. Ignore the tail it looks kind of weird and I didn't feel like fixing it. :P

Any critiques/advice would be much appreciated! And please let me know what you think. 

Also, sorry for the terrible quality, my scanner isn't working so I had to take a picture of it.  :(

attachicon.gifIMG_20130227_224418.jpg

DON'T JUST BROHOOF IT! I want to know what people think of it! 

I really like getting feedback on my art, it helps out a lot for future drawings. 

Wow, that'

s actually very, very good for a first. I've been drawing ponies for a while and I haven't gotten that good yet. The only thing I could point out is the muzzle. It seems a bit too blunt.

• Brohoof 1

Wow thats some pretty good looking art there Miss derpy . Doing better then I am haha.   I can't really see anything that I can critique, but I'm not the best art analyzer, so idk .   Great job though, your off to a wonderful start! I'm excited to see more in the future!(Maybe even some colored ones )

I might color some of my future ones. The only problem is I don't really have any colored pencils (at least not ones that are the right color). My ultimate goal is to get a pen tablet so I can scan sketches into the computer and then edit/color them there.  

I think I know exactly what tutorial thou have used... I believe I used the same for my first ever pony-drawing~

And I'd say yours is WAY better than mine! (Though I might have tried to improvise more than I should have that early...)

It does look like the same one. :P I never try to improvise because I know I mess it up. I copied the steps exactly and only changed the mane and tail because I didn't like theirs. 

• Brohoof 3

For your first drawing, I must say that its amazing. You have a serious talent!

As for me, I have yet to draw an actual pony yet (well there was that one drawing of Rainbow Dash...best not to mention that.)

• Brohoof 1

heck of a lot better than my first try i will say that! my first pony looked like a bunch of twigs stapled together and covered in cat hair!

• Brohoof 2