Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What keeps you motivated?

Kitty Cat Moonshire

So I recently decided to start drawing, and I will tell you, it is tedious work. Fun, but tedious.

Sometimes I just want to drop my laptop and stop drawing before I hit my checkpoint, so during those times it calls for... motivation!

Generally I listen to the smile song :P It always helps me keep going.

What do you do to help you go that extra mile?

• Brohoof 2

I have the same problem, I loose the motivation to draw way to easily. It's a shame because I really want to create art, but i just can't do it for more than a couple of hours. Also, I find it really hard to draw past 6 o'clock in the evening for some reason.

What I usually do is take an hour break, either to surf the forums, or maybe go for a walk. I don't play video games as then I'll usually get to immersed in them and forget about drawing for the rest of the day.

Hope this helps!

I spam MLP songs and the thousand and one remixes that exist of them, together with back to back playlists of the music I love :P

And then I find some nice milestone to save the file and continue on the next day :D

Hello!

I am most often motivated when it comes to guitar. Randy Rhoads is one of my idols, and wanting to play and achieve something like he did keeps me motivated and inspired.

• Brohoof 3

Hello!

I am most often motivated when it comes to guitar. Randy Rhoads is one of my idols, and wanting to play and achieve something like he did keeps me motivated and inspired.

I love guitar! Best thing that ever happened to my life! Do you play electric or acoustic?

And I'll have to look him up, I've never heard of him.

• Brohoof 1

For both writing and drawing, I put on a song that matches the atmosphere I'm going for.  If I'm not feeling inspired or motivated, it helps ease the process along, and if I'm lucky, something in the music will reignite my desire to art, or even better, give me an idea.

But that's just me.  Music is of abnormal importance to my life XD

Just thinking about the next chapter in my life, motivates me. It helps me understand what there is left to do, and keep on going on until I close the chapter completely and finish what is needed.

• Brohoof 1

I can agree with everyone else. I listen to music when I want to be motivated, and about 95% of the time it works.

Music..

Actually, its not that that motivates me, but its all the BASS in the song that I listen to.

I love guitar! Best thing that ever happened to my life! Do you play electric or acoustic?

And I'll have to look him up, I've never heard of him.

Electric. Randy Rhoads played with Ozzy Osbourne, but sadly died in 1982. It's interesting how i'm most inspired by people that are dead... :(

Electric. Randy Rhoads played with Ozzy Osbourne, but sadly died in 1982. It's interesting how i'm most inspired by people that are dead... :(

I have an electric as well! An Ibanez, to be exact :P

But the humidity down here makes it so I have to replace the strings every other month :o

• Brohoof 1

I can't draw... sadly... I write a lot, not necessarily MLP fanfics, I just love to write fantasy stories in general. But when I get really tired of my work and I just feel the urge to go do something else and quit for like a week (which happens rather frequently) I put on some good music, like everyone else seemingly does :D

I mainly listen to rock (almost every variation of it) And for those who are still looking for new music you should defenitly check out the bands "Anberlin" and "Biffy Clyro" they're very good and have some relaxing songs aswell. 

I have an electric as well! An Ibanez, to be exact :P

But the humidity down here makes it so I have to replace the strings every other month :o

I'm not fond of Ibanez... To me, they're really just screamers.... Well, techniqly, i should replace my strings every week, because they get worn off from all the playing...

I'm not fond of Ibanez... To me, they're really just screamers.... Well, techniqly, i should replace my strings every week, because they get worn off from all the playing...

Really? I love my ibanez :P The playing is so smooth :P But yeah, I'm sure there are better ones out there :P What do you have? Gibson?

Really? I love my ibanez :P The playing is so smooth :P But yeah, I'm sure there are better ones out there :P What do you have? Gibson?

Well, it really depends on what kind of Ibanez do you have. If you have a High end Ibanez, like Steve Vai's, of course it will be good, but if you have the cheaper end... Well, you get the idea :P

Lucky guess, i do play a les paul, just not an original Gibson. I do plan on getting an original sometime, hopefully a Les paul Custom White. My amps are a Marshall Stack Jcm 2000 100W, and a Vintage ENGL sovereign 100 2x10 :P

Well, it really depends on what kind of Ibanez do you have. If you have a High end Ibanez, like Steve Vai's, of course it will be good, but if you have the cheaper end... Well, you get the idea :P

Lucky guess, i do play a les paul, just not an original Gibson. I do plan on getting an original sometime, hopefully a Les paul Custom White. My amps are a Marshall Stack Jcm 2000 100W, and a Vintage ENGL sovereign 100 2x10 :P

It was actually more of an educated guess :P I've found that almost everyone who doesn't like Ibanez usually has a Gibson :P

And your amp is way better than mine :P

And I have a medium end Ibanez. Honestly I think they should have charge more for this one, but hey, I'm not complaining :P

• Brohoof 1

The fact that one day, eventually, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit will be a meet and greet character in the Disney parks. I want to live to see that.

Yes, hope is a good motivator.  Like my hope that technology will advance to the point that I will get to have some incarnation of Pinkie Pie as a companion someday.  Like an artificially intelligent plushie robot, or something.  

(edited)

Yes, hope is a good motivator. Like my hope that technology will advance to the point that I will get to have some incarnation of Pinkie Pie as a companion someday. Like an artificially intelligent plushie robot, or something.

Yeah.

I want it to be that one day, people will say, "Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Oswald, Pluto." When listing Disney characters.

Or for people's kids to say, "Daddy/Mommy, can I get Oswald's autograph!?"

At this point, Oswald appearing even in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would be a great achievement!

And I hope that we do get technology like that, so meet and greet characters are actually those characters and not sweaty old people getting paid minimum wage.

Edited by ~Lonesome Dovahkiin~
  • Brohoof 1

What do you do to help you go that extra mile?

Well, whenever I'm doing one of those crazy all night programming, server work sessions, accounting, or just about anything else that requires long hours spent focusing on a single task, there's only one thing that keeps me going. Epic music. Lots and lots and lots of absolutely epic music. If you've never heard of the "movie trailer music" genre, then... You should check it out. Here's one of my favorites:

There's a few others that I really, really like too.

I have hundreds of these type of songs now. I'll confess that the genre is fairly dramatic and pretty heavy, so it isn't for everyone, but... I think that everyone should give it a try. For myself, I'm addicted. If you want to give it a shot, you simply can't go wrong with the album Invincible by Two Steps from Hell. There's a lot of variety in that album, and the entire thing packs a mega-punch.

Really, though... I'm not sure how this would work for drawing, but it works great for writing, coding, and number crunching. It also works for running. After dropping the habit, I'm finally getting back into running again. I've found that listening to this music can literally take me the extra mile on my runs.

Well, whenever I'm doing one of those crazy all night programming, server work sessions, accounting, or just about anything else that requires long hours spent focusing on a single task, there's only one thing that keeps me going. Epic music. Lots and lots and lots of absolutely epic music. If you've never heard of the "movie trailer music" genre, then... You should check it out. Here's one of my favorites:

There's a few others that I really, really like too.

I have hundreds of these type of songs now. I'll confess that the genre is fairly dramatic and pretty heavy, so it isn't for everyone, but... I think that everyone should give it a try. For myself, I'm addicted. If you want to give it a shot, you simply can't go wrong with the album Invincible by Two Steps from Hell. There's a lot of variety in that album, and the entire thing packs a mega-punch.

Really, though... I'm not sure how this would work for drawing, but it works great for writing, coding, and number crunching. It also works for running. After dropping the habit, I'm finally getting back into running again. I've found that listening to this music can literally take me the extra mile on my runs.

Haha YES! I love Two steps from hell! That band can make even homework seem badass!

Which is something previously thought to be impossible

• Brohoof 1

What really keeps me motivated? I would say music, but it's more than that.

I have a crumbled paper up on the wall that says GOALS. Every time I look at it, I get instantly motivated, telling myself "someday, Megan, you will make it happen!" Hope is also a good motivator, and I always rely on it every time.

• Brohoof 1

I usually just think about the reason I'm doing it in the first place, whether it's another person or just for myself. I also listen to music, watch tv, or listen to a book on CD or something and that also makes it easier for me to focus.