music Nightwish (Discuss this amazing band!)

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Hei muiden Nightwish-faneille! Hello fellow Nightwish fans! This was one of the first bands that my brother introduced to me when I was beginning to acquire an actual musical taste and this has to be one of the greatest groups he could have shown me! They are one of my favorite groups of all time. Now, personally, I am only a fan of the Tarja era of Nightwish. While they still have a Nightwish vibe to them, I feel that the music itself has lost it's magic that it had when Tarja was vocalist. That is just my opinion though.

Anyways, discuss this amazing group! What are your favorite songs? Albums? Discuss it I say!

My favorite songs are Ghost Love Score, Beauty of the Beast, The Wayfarer, Wanderlust, End of All Hope, Ever Dream, Planet Hell, Nemo, and more.

Favorite albums....I love them all. For absolute favorite though, probably a tie between Ocean Born and Once.

nwph3.jpg

525180nightwish21.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Nightwish is my favorite band, but I'm only a fan of the post-Tarja era. I appreciate the fact that she is an amazing singer, but I don't like her singing style as much as Anette's. My favorite album by them is Imaginaerum.

Nightwish is my favorite band, but I'm only a fan of the post-Tarja era. I appreciate the fact that she is an amazing singer, but I don't like her singing style as much as Anette's. My favorite album by them is Imaginaerum.

Personally, I love Tarja's opera vocal style. I think it goes well with Nightwish's more epic musical style, as well as the orchestrated feel to it. I am just not fond of Annette's more pop-like nature, but to each their own.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... I haven't listened to them. But, If I were to start listening to them, what album would you recomend I start off with? I'm not very familiar with symphonic metal.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmmm... I haven't listened to them. But, If I were to start listening to them, what album would you recomend I start off with? I'm not very familiar with symphonic metal.

I am a bit bias, but I would recommend any of the albums when Tarja Turunen was the lead vocalist. If you look at a discography, that would be the album Once and all the ones before it. Once has one of my favorite songs of all time on it though, that is Ghost Love Score. Again though, check those out. 

Once Tarja was kicked out, they never were able to capture such an amazing magic of music like this.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

I love Nightwish! One of my favorite bands definately! I like alot of thier songs like Nemo, Ever Dream, Amaranth, Bless the Child, End of all Hope, I Want My Tears, Over the Hills and Far Away, and if I type it right Erramaan Viinemenen. I think it's awesome it meet other bronies that like Nightwish! I thought I was the only one lol.

• Brohoof 1

I am a bit bias, but I would recommend any of the albums when Tarja Turunen was the lead vocalist. If you look at a discography, that would be the album Once and all the ones before it. Once has one of my favorite songs of all time on it though, that is Ghost Love Score. Again though, check those out. 

Once Tarja was kicked out, they never were able to capture such an amazing magic of music like this.

To me, the guitar has a very melodic death metal sound. That along with some orchestral instruments and some really good vocals. Overall, I liked it.