Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Olympics discussion thread

Flow

Okay, this might be too early to discuss, but I can't wait for the 2012 Summer Olympics to be held in London, United Kingdom.

Posted Image

Alright, this will be the thread for discussion of the Olympics, not just the upcoming one, but the past and future games too, be it Summer Olympics or Winter Olympics, THIS IS THE THREAD

For more information on the 2012 games:

http://www.london2012.com/

Edited by Klopp
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, and does anyone remember Nikki Webster? She pretty much flew at the Sydney Olympics!

Oh yeah I remember that!

My sister used to love Nikki when she was like 6-8, I still remember all those songs...it still haunts me to this day.

So did I... I was 4 though... It's the first olympics I could remember!

I would have been 2 or 3! I think that most of my memories of the 2000 olympics were from old VCR tapes, so that's sorta cheating. (however I still remember parts about the olympic torch that were not filmed.)

I almost want Phelps to get caught smoking weed again so I can make a "because I got high" parody.

Edited by Evilshy Liege of Chrysalis

The only sport that gets coverage here during the Olympics is soccer. Yet, I feel like no one cares due to the players being from the B-teams...well that and the fact that it's not the World Cup, that's beside the point.

Olympics are always fun but I enjoy the Winter Olympics much more than Summer.

Winter: hockey, luge, bobsled, curling, speed skating

Summer: swimming, volleyball (beach aww yeah), and soccer are only ones I care about

Edited by Master XFizzle

I love the whole concept of the olympics and will watch all I can. It certanly will help me get through the months of pony wait.

I really hope my country can get sum medals this year, last time we only got one silver, and the guys has retired now.