Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Vulcan

• 2 weeks later...

I preferably like having money in the palm of my head.  I don't really trust computers with my money-heck (off topic here)  even though I have my banking account, it' still worrys me. :unsure: 

People asked me why don't I have my check being send straight to my bank instead being mailed? I like having my check being send to me physically so it's easier to look to see if everything is correct. I despite using computer when dealing with money. And then head to the bank with a signed check and checking if everything is also correct.  Beside who doesn't like seeing your paycheck in your mailbox? it sure beat seeing bills. :ButtercupLaugh:

(edited)

No, currency is the instrument and vehicle of poverty, injustice, corruption and control in this world. Which means no crypto-currency either. As it is being currently tested in different forms, because the unification of the world nations under one government requires a centralized version of the same concept. Thus, it is that companies like black rock and vanguard are currently monopolizing most services under one system. And there is a collective effort to collapse the hard currencies of the world, as well as to bankrupt and centralize minor businesses, which is one of the many reasons behind the pandemic, besides being a form of economic slavery. As well as something far more sophisticated and insidious in regards to the genetic manipulation of the human body. And even a far more occult purpose after that.

The use of currency causes great harm to this creation, regardless of intention. It is an agent of debt and corruption, but this is a pagan world that sustains itself on the very concept of currency. So, the people of babylon will continue to compromise to their own detriment. Money has been integrated in all form of media, it is advertised since childhood to the grave.

The consequences are on those who support it.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 1 month later...

I mined some bitcoin back when it was $10 and still have a few coins. I also mined Ethereum, last time this winter and will probably resume mining in the coming winter - the heat helps warm up one room where the normal gas heating is a bit too weak.

While I prefer cash, IMO crypto has its place too, it would be easier and safer to take my bitcoins with me than a briefcase of cash.

• 1 year later...

I invested into crypto for a while but even though I did receive returns on it, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really, really know what you're getting yourself into.

Also did a bit of mining but it didn't feel right to me (And yes I did also gain money from it but the whole idea of that didn't sit right with me).

I do have about $200 worth of crypto locked away... last i checked anyways. I still have access to it but I forgot where I wrote the paper on with my credentials :P at least i didnt put where it's meant to be inputted. Oh well.

Not really a fan of it, I see it as something of a lottery. While the value of some stocks may be mostly based on predictions, the value of many cryptocurrencies seems to have even less basis in reality. For something to be a viable currency (that's still its original intended purpose, not investing), I think it would have to be accepted by many more companies as payment than it is now. Also, paying 0.000033 bitcoin for something would feel just weird – time for a split, maybe?

Does the fact that some people got very rich off it sound appealing? It does, but I think it's very unlikely to happen again to the same extent, and again, a very risky stock (or even gambling) might have the same success/failure rate (the latter much more likely).

• Brohoof 1

What confuses me here is, do people have ways to switch from one cryptocurrency, to then many other cryptocurrencies and finally back to cash for a very lengthy period of time?  Would that mean people are free to change it from crypto form, to its primary cash form at a very fast pace without legal barriers?  

• 2 months later...

There’s a reason why currency is regulated. Also… excessive computing power is destructive towards the environment for an (imo) unworthwhile trade-off. 

Not to say crypto can’t have its uses under the right circumstances… but personally I’m still not convinced.

• Brohoof 1