Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestianism religious discussion thread.

Reiki Knight 13

A thread for Celestianism and those that practice it.

This thread is meant to be for religious discussion for those either interested in or currently practicing the belief of Celestianism.

I can't say how others following this perceive t but I myself see MLP G4 as a clever allegory for the principle beliefs of what many would call God.

You know: the source, the great spirit etc etc.

In other words, to me this is just a convenient way to slap a label or identity for what I already believed and practiced.

Or at least this is closest thing to it for me as nothing else really fits for me.

Even then it's not an exact thing and there probably never will be but to me the idea of a supreme power would have to be so grand that to even remotely try to comprehend it would shatter the human it would be to grand for the mind to understand.

So, we see it through different stories and various "masks" for lack of a better word.

MLP G4's series is just another type of "mask" to me.

In this specific mask it is not meant to be taken literally as obviously it is a cartoon, there is no real Celestia in existence etc.

Again not saying how others may see this only how I myself see it 

Anyways, if you practice Celestianism feel free to drop a comment below for discussion.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Life itself is sometimes the greatest teacher of  of human knowledge  beyond even the best of textbook material.

We often expect the wisdom of the divine to be found by some big guru or, mega church , holy temple etc but in truth it can be found in some of the most unlikely of places.

my Little Pony G4 for instance is but a simple.cartoon yet contains crazy amounts of wisdom within it.

This is possible because during the creative thinking process for writing the  subconscious mind reaches for any and every possible idea for whatever subject the thought process is focused on.

E.G. You're looking for a story about sports.

Your subconscious minds is going "Okay, what kind of sport: Basketball, golf, wrestling etc?"

Now, when your mind doesn't already have a pre available answer it goes a steo further and tries to put together an answer from any bit of info it can hope to find, regardless of the source of it.

For MLP in trying to find ideas for thr show they probably just accidentally tapped into deeper areas of information without realizing it.

You've heard that thing of give a 1000 monkeys a 1000 years alone with typewriters and eventually one will write Shakespeare?

Sand thing here, likely their minds were searching and hit upon higher bits of wisdom by sheer coincidence.

Dumb luck if you wish to call it that I suppose.

This does NOT mean we should ignore though as wisdom is well... still wisdom even if the source is not quite as grand as we would prefer.

We think of cartoons as childish, fiction, mere bits of fantasy for cheap entertainment but we never really consider where all these ideas for all these magnificent cartoons come from.

Perhaps some of the fantasy ideas come from a  small concept of realism. 

Edited by Star heart 777
  • Brohoof 1

I thought best way to describe this concept of Celestianism in a far more relatable manner.

Picture the Chronicles of Narnia describing the aspects of Christianity through an allegory but before Christ was born yet.

You know aspects like Aslan the lion represents SOMETHING but you just do not know the exact name for it yet.

You just know and feel a higher power at work with it so to speak.

So, until you learn the correct name of Christianity you refer to it as the religion of Narnia.

A stand in until you learn enough of Christianity to switch from the religion of Narnia into Christianity.

Not a perfect example I am aware but I hope it better explains things.