Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lineart Brush for SAI users!

Dave (RayFriedh)

ALRIGHT GUYS

Take a look at this bad-ass brush for SAI

4218ae8c82cf415eba4fa63.png

Just create a new airbrush, change the settings to the one above, and BOOM, you're set!

By Celestia's beard, this is so damn FUN to use! It's perfect for lineart too! I recommend changing the stability to S-3 while using it, but feel free to tweak the settings as you see fit! 

3oBjp1Y.png

• Brohoof 5

: how about you tell all of us non-artsy or drawing tablet owners what so special about this? I guess it is just fun to use? sorry, but as a person who is really more into writing than art I don't get it.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, now I certainly know I am going to use that brush, it looks great. I really need to fiddle around with the brush setting more.

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

Glad I could spark some interest! It was no problem, Revenant.

I only got into airbrushes today. Also, I tried your brush, but I don't really think it works for me. I'm not sure how to say it, but it just doesn't feel right. From the picture you showed, though, it looks like you know a thing or two about colouring. Mind sharing your technique and/or brushes?

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure about this brush setting, what I do like is that my lines look less sketchy and more smooth, which I never get to achieve unless I vector, also I think that my lineart was too thick because I followed exactly what your instructions said, even the brush size tongue.png

post-5888-0-17591500-1364372442_thumb.png

thanks though, I'll keep this brush tongue.png

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure about this brush setting, what I do like is that my lines look less sketchy and more smooth, which I never get to achieve unless I vector, also I think that my lineart was too thick because I followed exactly what your instructions said, even the brush size tongue.png

attachicon.gifaleks_tst.png

thanks though, I'll keep this brush tongue.png

That's the effect I was trying to go for!

Also, by Talos do not use the same brush size as me, ever. I draw on a huge canvas. I always start on a 2000x2000 canvas and then crop my pic after it's done.

That's the effect I was trying to go for!

Also, by Talos do not use the same brush size as me, ever. I draw on a huge canvas. I always start on a 2000x2000 canvas and then crop my pic after it's done.

I see :P

I am so silly haha, I was drawing on a 550x700 canvas so it's obvious that the lines would be too thick, however, it's kinda cool because the stability kinda forces you to draw slower, so you can't make much mistakes. Taking out the paper texture would help too, because it's too grainy.

This is my Lineart brush. Just for lineart. It's very simple lol, just a hard and clean brush. I'm not very keen on airbrushes.

This is pen setting btw.

img-1311166-1-lol_zps7c3d7a4b.png

img-1311166-2-LILPIPedited_zpsb176455d.j

hmmm your lineart is very sloppy and unstable, it's very sketchy, which is a style that I like personally, but it's not consistent. However I can't say the same of your coloring, it's pretty cool even if it is not carefully made.

• Brohoof 1

I see tongue.png

I am so silly haha, I was drawing on a 550x700 canvas so it's obvious that the lines would be too thick, however, it's kinda cool because the stability kinda forces you to draw slower, so you can't make much mistakes. Taking out the paper texture would help too, because it's too grainy.

I never really noticed that it was grainy, since I drew on a large canvas, but I tried it again on a smaller canvas and I see what you mean. It does look a bit better without the paper texture. Thanks!

Heh, I feel like such a nerd, discussing topics like this like I know what I'm talking about. I'm really interested in everyone's brushes and techniques, though.

I never really noticed that it was grainy, since I drew on a large canvas, but I tried it again on a smaller canvas and I see what you mean. It does look a bit better without the paper texture. Thanks!

Heh, I feel like such a nerd, discussing topics like this like I know what I'm talking about. I'm really interested in everyone's brushes and techniques, though.

don't feel like a nerd, consider this a noob to noob talk since I don't even have settings for my brushes in SAI, it was good to have something new to add though.

(edited)

don't feel like a nerd, consider this a noob to noob talk since I don't even have settings for my brushes in SAI, it was good to have something new to add though.

You didn't have other brushes? Huh.

I've been experimenting and scouring the internet for different types of brushes for a little while to achieve different effects on my drawings. I've checked your DA, and I have to say, you have some really great stuff there. I'm rather surprised you didn't use any custom brushes. Also, you are not a noob, that's for certain.

Edited by RayFriedh
  • Brohoof 1

You didn't have other brushes? Huh.

I've been experimenting and scouring the internet for different types of brushes for a little while to achieve different effects on my drawings. I've checked your DA, and I have to say, you have some really great stuff there. I'm rather surprised you didn't use any custom brushes. Also, you are not a noob, that's for certain.

I'm brutal honest here ...

I've been using SAI's original feautures since the day I downloaded it, I've never made a custom brush ever. And I meant a noob with the program ahah, I'm not new to drawing at all.

hmmm your lineart is very sloppy and unstable, it's very sketchy, which is a style that I like personally, but it's not consistent. However I can't say the same of your coloring, it's pretty cool even if it is not carefully made.

Haha I see. I like doing sketchy lineart. I tend to add a lot of lines where it's very dark. However that's how I used to draw lineart.

This is what my art looks like now-

Rainbowdashpranked_zps5ba4d70d.jpg

(sorry for advertisting lol)

I like the lineart this way, it looks clean, but not too clean. (Im not making much sense am I xD)

Edited by kenniks

Haha I see. I like doing sketchy lineart. I tend to add a lot of lines where it's very dark. However that's how I used to draw lineart.

This is what my art looks like now-

Rainbowdashpranked_zps5ba4d70d.jpg

(sorry for advertisting lol)

I like the lineart this way, it looks clean, but not too clean. (Im not making much sense am I xD)

I see... you lines definitelly look cleaner but not that much. And please don't worry about the advertisting since you are already doing it in your signature! :o

I see... you lines definitelly look cleaner but not that much. And please don't worry about the advertisting since you are already doing it in your signature! ohmy.png

Well, I saw other people on this forum do this too. Then I thought, why not? xD 

I guess it's different, putting your dA link in a sig is all up to the person who sees it. But posting your art in a thread like this is well...yeah.

• 10 years later...
On 2013-03-27 at 1:26 PM, Dave (RayFriedh) said:

ALRIGHT GUYS

Take a look at this bad-ass brush for SAI

4218ae8c82cf415eba4fa63.png

Just create a new airbrush, change the settings to the one above, and BOOM, you're set!

By Celestia's beard, this is so damn FUN to use! It's perfect for lineart too! I recommend changing the stability to S-3 while using it, but feel free to tweak the settings as you see fit! 

3oBjp1Y.png

i tried to remake this in ibis paint x..its still kinda similar i guess?..lmfao

IMG_1974.jpeg

• Brohoof 1