Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

It's become hard for me to focus on more than one thing at a time, so I feel having a partner while I would still be in school would hinder me.

It might help you, though. Helps to have someone relieve your stress

4 minutes ago, Miss H said:

relationships are gay.

I also remember the secret to Ganaram too, oddly enough with my horrendous memory.

Umm, that's a strange way to put it...

Yeah, it's kinda easy to remember though because it has to do with the name itself. If that makes any sense.

Just now, Miss H said:

Not that kind of gay.

Stupid gay.

You're so eloquent Haven.

1 minute ago, Miss H said:

This is going very far over you head, so i'm just going to say "Yes" and go along with it.

idk it's just like I'm too used to hearing dudebros use it with like "no homo" and stuff cuz they're so straight and they want me to know how straight they are and not gay

Just now, Olly said:

idk it's just like I'm too used to hearing dudebros use it with like "no homo" and stuff cuz they're so straight and they want me to know how straight they are and not gay

Nah, I was using it as the usual way where everyone says "That's gay" to actually mean stupid, dumb, unfair, disliked, not cool, etc. Nothing to do with homosexuality at all.

but no homo though bromo

Just now, Miss H said:

Nah, I was using it as the usual way where everyone says "That's gay" to actually mean stupid, dumb, unfair, disliked, not cool, etc. Nothing to do with homosexuality at all.

but no homo though bromo

didn't it start because people associated gayness in general with anything bad or not cool? I'll have to google it and learn something new

Just now, Olly said:

didn't it start because people associated gayness in general with anything bad or not cool? I'll have to google it and learn something new

Basically that and the fact people just like to use words with different meanings for other words until they're forced to mean that as well.

Like, I do remember hearing that so much in middle school that it just started to stick and next thing you know gay isn't even meaning anything related to homosexuality anymore. Not until you start using it literally, that is. 

Not so sure how much of an answer you'd get from Google, but hey.

Just now, Miss H said:

Basically that and the fact people just like to use words with different meanings for other words until they're forced to mean that as well.

Like, I do remember hearing that so much in middle school that it just started to stick and next thing you know gay isn't even meaning anything related to homosexuality anymore. Not until you start using it literally, that is. 

Not so sure how much of an answer you'd get from Google, but hey.

I got this:

When used with a derisive attitude (e.g., "that was so gay"), the word gay is pejorative. While retaining its other meanings, its use among young people as a general term of disparagement is common.This pejorative usage has its origins in the late 1970s, with the word gaining a pejorative sense by association with the previous meaning: homosexuality was seen as inferior or undesirable.Beginning in the 1980s and especially in the late 1990s, the usage as a generic insult became common among young people.

thats my history lesson for today

• Brohoof 1

This kind of language is quite difficult to use.

Lots of people talk by using derogatory terms to mean something else, and it usually offends somebody in the end.

I just say avoid it so there's no trouble and we can all just have a gay old time.

5 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

This kind of language is quite difficult to use.

Lots of people talk by using derogatory terms to mean something else, and it usually offends somebody in the end.

I just say avoid it so there's no trouble and we can all just have a gay old time.

And I say people should just have something of a thick skin and not be so silly, but hey.

Just now, Miss H said:

And I say people should just have something of a thick skin and not be so silly, but hey.

Agreed, but those terms are used as an attack on some people personally at times.

Honestly, I don't really know what I'm talking about, so I'll just stop.

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

Agreed, but those terms are used as an attack on some people personally at times.

you always know what you're talking about

Just now, Olly said:

you always know what you're talking about

I wish, I agree with the fact that people are easily offended these days, but I disagree with the words used that might offend them.

It gets even harder for me to understand my own philosophy when those words are used in a non-offensive manner.

1 minute ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I wish, I agree with the fact that people are easily offended these days, but I disagree with the words used that might offend them.

It gets even harder for me to understand my own philosophy when those words are used in a non-offensive manner.

words have meanings unless they don't

36 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

While, that is true and very fair, its still something people should be able to differentiate between. Harmless speech or an actual attack. Just because someone said a word you dislike or one that's been used on you before to you doesn't mean they were saying it at you.

1 minute ago, Miss H said:

While, that is true and very fair, its still something people should be able to differentiate between. Harmless speech or an actual attack. Just because someone said a word you dislike or one that's been used on you before to you doesn't mean they were saying it at you.

Okay, yeah, that makes more sense than what I was trying to say.