General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Wanna come smoke sum phat-ass doobs w/ Haven 'n me?

Doobs is best fer crumb-millers.

Um, no thank you.

Unpleasant? Seems like she was trying to be useful there
And no one took her offer of help. I somewhat pity her. But in truth, the very few times I used her, her personality differed a little. 

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if that RP had taken place today, with me a better roleplayer, and of course using Lapis Lazuli.

Hopefully I don't miss anything big...
Just focus mostly on parts with Misty.
Both Lapis and Misty? Now that's something interesting
Yes, but the Misty Leaves in that one is a bit different I think.

And now that I think back to it, many of the roleplays I've had here were awful. Something always makes me immediately bored. Perhaps it was the players involved. I hate when people drop out or have poor RP skills.

• Brohoof 2

Flutters_and_Dash.png

Um, no thank you.

I see you're already as high as a kite -- I can infer that much since you declined one phine-ass offer.

I recently donated a half-opened bag of taco shells to a *cough* bank. They paid me back with interest. 

csMVr.gif

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if that RP had taken place today, with me a better roleplayer, and of course using Lapis Lazuli.
I highly doubt it would be any better, with others be totally uncooperative like that :/

Good chance Lapis will decide that it's better to do everything alone (or maybe with Asteria) rather than trying to help those ponies.

And now that I think back to it, many of the roleplays I've had here were awful. Something always makes me immediately bored. Perhaps it was the players involved. I hate when people drop out or have poor RP skills.
Hahah, I feel you there AhGSr.png

Anyway, I've been curious on one thing. Is there anything in my RPing that I still need to get more practice on?

• Brohoof 1

k3v45pe.jpg?1

I highly doubt it would be any better, with others be totally uncooperative like that :/ Good chance Lapis will decide that it's better to do everything alone (or maybe with Asteria) rather than trying to help those ponies.

Bah, Lapis is a take charge pony. He would not stand by and let them get so disorganized. And if Asteria was there, she would have made it easier. She is cheerful and cute. Could you say no to this face?

post-6449-0-18544200-1350154782_thumb.jpg

Lapis would have used logic and reason. Misty was a weak pony, given to mood swings. Lapis is a stubborn pony who looks at a problem to find a solution. Misty only wanted to help, but was brutally ignored.

Lapis would not let himself to be ignored. If anyone did ignore him, he'd immediately point out their rude behavior and show them the error of their ways.

And that is why I do not like Misty Leaves. She contains what I dislike. But you should really see her other side. The part where I focus on her aggression instead of her weakness. You can only find it in the RP where I use both Lapis and Misty.

Anyway, I've been curious on one thing. Is there anything in my RPing that I still need to get more practice on?

I dunno. Other than obvious grammar mistakes, which is due to your non-English background, your posts are well thought out, and make me feel like I have to try harder.

• Brohoof 2

Flutters_and_Dash.png

Okay guys, Now I REALLY need to go to sleep. It's 5AM. AKA NEED SLEEP. ^_^ See you guys and goodnight! :) (And Star, I will probably post tomorrow in the RP I swear...or maybe not since it's Christmas eve an all...).

I also want to add, that I was not expecting such incursion into Skype...learn something new everyday. :)

Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 3

And if Asteria was there, she would have made it easier. She is cheerful and cute. Could you say no to this face?

<Asteria>

gX6Vt.jpg?1

I kid I kid :P

Lapis would have used logic and reason. Misty was a weak pony, given to mood swings. Lapis is a stubborn pony who looks at a problem to find a solution. Misty only wanted to help, but was brutally ignored.

Lapis would not let himself to be ignored. If anyone did ignore him, he'd immediately point out their rude behavior and show them the error of their ways.

And that is why I do not like Misty Leaves. She contains what I dislike. But you should really see her other side. The part where I focus on her aggression instead of her weakness. You can only find it in the RP where I use both Lapis and Misty.

I can see some ponies from the "Welcome to Exile" will react badly to Lapis' assertiveness :x

I guess you don't really fancy having a character that's too meek? Yeah, things can be rather problematic for the character when others are busy with their own devices, especially when they're going the wrong way.

Misty's other side... I guess I'll get to that after the Exile :P

Back to reading!

I dunno. Other than obvious grammar mistakes, which is due to your non-English background, your posts are well thought out, and make me feel like I have to try harder.
But... y0Qnc.png

Before I post anything in any RP, I always put it in a Word document so I can see the grammar fuck-ups. Seems like it's not enough :c

See you guys and goodnight! (And Star, I will probably post tomorrow in the RP I swear...or maybe not since it's Christmas eve an all...).

Take it easy, you can think about the RP after you're done with the Christmas aZpbg.png

Family first!

• Brohoof 1

k3v45pe.jpg?1

I can see some ponies from the "Welcome to Exile" will react badly to Lapis' assertiveness :x

Well, we will never know. But I imagine that Lapis could have made a difference. Actually, no. The RP was doomed due to certain things. Be sure to read the OOC.

I guess you don't really fancy having a character that's too meek? Yeah, things can be rather problematic for the character when others are busy with their own devices, especially when they're going the wrong way.

I experience the emotions of my characters to write for them. And I hate the emotions I get from Misty.

Misty's other side... I guess I'll get to that after the Exile

Yes, you may hate her when you read it. But I'm not too sure about that. It's been a while, so I don't recall fully.

Before I post anything in any RP, I always put it in a Word document so I can see the grammar fuck-ups. Seems like it's not enough :c

I dunno. It's mostly the tensing.

Back to reading!

What page are you on?

Flutters_and_Dash.png

Morning and Merry Christmas everyone! =)

A simple drawing for this occasion. (Simple shading due to mouse, left the tablet at home.)

merry_christmas___kirby_by_jonke_s-d5p1o

So, how're you all today? =)

• Brohoof 5

<3 ~Fairy Fairy~ <3

8HzH0ni.png

It took me this long to realize that "Strawberry Yum" is "The Alicorn Amulet" TEUUc.png

Oh, and I'm on page 12. I'm a bit slow right now :x

Actually, no. The RP was doomed due to certain things. Be sure to read the OOC.

Hm... Is this the one?

>"Please be descriptive"
>"I'm okay with constructive criticism, but this is just full on coaching"
There is also his OC's actions.

To be fair, things started to get rather chaotic since the 10th page.

I experience the emotions of my characters to write for them. And I hate the emotions I get from Misty.

Got too attached with the OC? o_o
I guess I know what you're talking about. Immersing yourself to get the best results, but the residues get to you irl

Yes, you may hate her when you read it. But I'm not too sure about that. It's been a while, so I don't recall fully.

Well, If Misty actually managed to get me hate her, that would only means you're damn good at fleshing her out :V

I dunno. It's mostly the tensing.

Noted. I will try to get everything in order U44KB.png

As usual, excited and bored at the same time :V

That's a nice drawing you got there... Merry Christmas to you too!

• Brohoof 1

k3v45pe.jpg?1

whats up bronies what is everyone doing today. what kind of tasty snacks are you going to eat tonight

tumblr_mf49dn9EOn1r64jpho1_100.gif

To be fair, things started to get rather chaotic since the 10th page.

Yeah. This is why I don't roleplay too often now. And why the GCT RP is limited to people I trust.

Got too attached with the OC?

Maybe....  :blush:

I guess I know what you're talking about. Immersing yourself to get the best results, but the residues get to you irl

It's my secret to roleplaying. Okay, maybe not.

Well, If Misty actually managed to get me hate her, that would only means you're damn good at fleshing her out

Any character can be a plain out jerk. Or even a Mary Sue can make you hate someone. Here are the links so you can get to the other RP.

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/28519-dead-silent-ponyville/

RP: http://mlpforums.com/topic/29859-dead-silent-ponyville/ 

Oh, and I'm on page 12. I'm a bit slow right now :x

Take your time. Honestly, I'm just trying to see if you can find a way to redeem Misty Leaves in my eyes.

• Brohoof 2

Flutters_and_Dash.png

On the 18th page, things be crazy (even more so than before, and in a bad sense too)...

Yeah. This is why I don't roleplay too often now. And why the GCT RP is limited to people I trust.

Hopefully things will go as planned AhGSr.png

It's my secret to roleplaying. Okay, maybe not.

To be fair, it's a good and useful secret, as long as the residue won't stick too much that is.

Or even a Mary Sue can make you hate someone.

There is a difference between hating the OC or hating the roleplayer :V

Awrite, bookmarked! :D

Take your time. Honestly, I'm just trying to see if you can find a way to redeem Misty Leaves in my eyes.

That's kinda... hard. I honestly prefer Lapis much more than Misty :x
Welp, I guess I'll store my judgement until I finished reading the Dead Silent Ponyville

• Brohoof 2

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Morning and Merry Christmas everyone! =)

A simple drawing for this occasion. (Simple shading due to mouse, left the tablet at home.)

img-1023535-1-merry_christmas___kirby_by

Dat art...

Holy guacomole Batman, that is good!

And I'm ok. Just had my jimmies maximum rustled for the night/day.

I'm still trying to shrug it off. :|

Looks like we'll have a "white Christmas" this year. :)

(Backyard, taken today)

There is sooooo much jelly on me right now.

I'd take a shower, but Im sure itd just stop up mah drains....

• Brohoof 2

7Crdz3K.png

I honestly prefer Lapis much more than Misty
Well, I never liked her to begin with. I was lazy with her characterization, and to me, her personality seems erratic. I'd make new OCs, but Lapis and Asteria are about all I feel like having.

BTW, could you describe Misty Leaves? Like, what is her personality to you in Welcome to Exile?

And I'm ok. Just had my jimmies maximum rustled for the night/day. I'm still trying to shrug it off. :|
What happened? 

Flutters_and_Dash.png

I start to fell pity to this stallion and his 'blood magic'

(Backyard, taken today)

Need more deranged ghosts of the Frozen North G16t5.png

BTW, could you describe Misty Leaves? Like, what is her personality to you in Welcome to Exile?

Hm...

Helpful, moody, a little bit clingy, wants to be involved and useful, hates to be useless, and most of all, she wants to be appreciated. She (at least to me) kinda hates to be in the limelight, but at least she wants to be credited to something good. She can be good in a medium-scale RP, but will be a burden in something that involves hundreds of ponies.

I can see her trying to make herself looks good in front of somepony like Lapis :V

I'm still trying to shrug it off. :|

What happened?

k3v45pe.jpg?1

What happened? 

I got completely humiliated and dominated by a boss in RS.

Overpowered thing has a crap load of hitpoints, so it seemed like I was not doing any damage at all.

And then he literally made it to where I couldn't do anything due to his magic.

And I couldn't run away.

:|

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

:|

dont worry man im gonna get you to 5000 brohoofs by tonight

• Brohoof 1

dont worry man im gonna get you to 5000 brohoofs by tonight
No, you're not.

Oh, shit. I'm closer than I thought. :x

Well, I'll just edit this one post over and over and over again. so now you can't brohoof mah shit! x)

too late, go check your profile man
Fak you, Dolan. :V Edited by TGAP Haven
  • Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

No, you're not.

too late, go check your profile man

Helpful, moody, a little bit clingy, wants to be involved and useful, hates to be useless, and most of all, she wants to be appreciated. She (at least to me) kinda hates to be in the limelight, but at least she wants to be credited to something good. She can be good in a medium-scale RP, but will be a burden in something that involves hundreds of ponies.
But is she a good character to you? 

I can see her trying to make herself looks good in front of somepony like Lapis :V
Well, you'll see them interact in that other RP.

Hey, wanna redesign her? I still have the code for her.

Also, you HAVE read her RP profile, right?

I got completely humiliated and dominated by a boss in RS.
 Um, level grind more? 

Flutters_and_Dash.png

But is she a good character to you?

Quite a good one in my opinion. She can shine if somepony important took her in as a right hand assistant.

Hey, wanna redesign her? I still have the code for her.

Also, you HAVE read her RP profile, right?

Yeah. I've read her profile :x

And no, I don't think I can redesign her 3lnNF.png

Maybe remove the insecure part and replace it with altruism to anypony she deemed special?

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Yeah. I've read her profile :x And no, I don't think I can redesign her
No, I meant in the Pony Creator. You said she looks like a stallion.
Maybe remove the insecure part and replace it with altruism to anypony she deemed special?
 Okay, I added it in. Check it out for yourself. Anything else? I may wish to use her again.

Flutters_and_Dash.png

Silly AJ

T4DRp.png

7N2bh.png

No, I meant in the Pony Creator. You said she looks like a stallion.

Pretty sure all you have to do is to change the eye :V

I can't open the Pony Creator here, something about the flash is broken. The damn thing's also won't update GTL3P.png

But I guess trying again won't hurt. The code please :3

Okay, I added it in. Check it out for yourself. Anything else? I may wish to use her again.

Hm...

When they arrived, Misty immediately felt a connection with the woods and the plants therein. Sadly, realizing her destiny didn't change her path of self destruction.

This part on her cutie mark section sounds a bit weird. What path of self destruction? If she realized her destiny, how does that changes her? Her special talent is also rather unclear on how to exploits it.

I guess that's all :x

k3v45pe.jpg?1