General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

attachicon.gifmegawat.jpg

That's gotta be the lamest way you can get warning points for.

How do you think I felt when I got them <_<?

Maybe I didn't explain enough, but here's the status that got me the warning points (It's locked now)

http://mlpforums.com/statuses/user/5888-motion-spark/?status_id=130779

I got the warning points a few minutes after the status was locked. Plus, RD92 got them too.

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 1

spasticShotty-1753.png

Motion Spark complained that it was really hard to get artwork into EqD and joked that he'd have to draw Twi as a stripper for that to happen :P. Then, we discussed a bit, CD popped in, then RD92 said that Rarity is whore since I thought that Rarity was the type to give free entertainment for men if she became dirty. Then CD was like "That langauge ain't needed, hurrdurr" and I was like "all he did was call Rarity a whore" and shit hit the fan from there on.

lol. i can drop all the (well, not ALL the, but quite a bit of them) F-bombs here on the forums, but someone mentions a pony as a whore and then they get warned for that?

da98b2197da32b07bde1bf0d9a626dc1.jpg

and as for CD mentioning the fact that the comment with the word didn't need to be blown out of proportion... well, i can't help but feel he kind of contributed to that fact himself, really.

Edited by Princess Viscra Maelstrom
  • Brohoof 2

KvTw2d6.png

Soundcloud---------Twitter---------Tumblr---------DeviantArt

How do you think I felt when I got them <_<?

Maybe I didn't explain enough, but here's the status that got me the warning points (It's locked now)

http://mlpforums.com/statuses/user/5888-motion-spark/?status_id=130779

I got the warning points a few minutes after the status was locked. Plus, RD92 got them too.

Wow, thats......just what?

I didn't know there was a difference between vulgar words and swears.

If that's the case, then my warning points were wrongly done me thinks. I know I swear a lot randomly, but I don't think I use vulgar words as much.

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

@, I got my camcorder I wanted for Christmas. Wanna see the vid I shot with it?

tumblr_n255coa7H91rale04o1_r1_1280.png

Fav Quotes:

"I can't tolerate cowardice..." -Me and I don't know who else :P

"Dare to be different and never mind what the crowd thinks. Because as long as they're talking about you, they'll never forget about you." -Cyril Sneer

After I read and re-read it... I can't really say the points are not justified n3WKz.png

Swearing and vulgarities are indeed different. While what you said there isn't really that severe, some people might get annoyed at it. Your 2nd from the last comment is a bit over-the-top :x

Have a cute AJ

YXWem.jpg

• Brohoof 3

k3v45pe.jpg?1

In other news, I think I may have actually got my first Drumstep WIP going nicely.

Now if only I can make sure to get a good wobble going....

Thats the damn hard part...

lol. i still need to figure out how to do some rather simple stuff in FL, like remixing songs. i have one remix in mind, actually. i should look up tuts on how to remix a song, then try to figure out how to remix it.

• Brohoof 1

KvTw2d6.png

After I read and re-read it... I can't really say the points are not justified n3WKz.png

Swearing and vulgarities are indeed different. While what you said there isn't really that severe, some people might get annoyed at it. Your 2nd from the last comment is a bit over-the-top :x

Have a cute AJ

YXWem.jpg

The real question is, how was it excessive? Is CD just afraid of vulgar and swear words :/?

spasticShotty-1753.png

ANyone wanna see my vid I made with my camcorder?

Fav Quotes:

"Dare to be different and never mind what the crowd thinks. Because as long as they're talking about you, they'll never forget about you." -Cyril Sneer

Have a cute AJ

wait, did RD get warned for mentioning the word "whore"? that, to me, seems a bit excessive, but spas' language in the later parts of the status feels justified for a warning, though.

KvTw2d6.png

lol. i still need to figure out how to do some rather simple stuff in FL, like remixing songs. i have one remix in mind, actually. i should look up tuts on how to remix a song, then try to figure out how to remix it.

Same for me. I actually don't know how to do good remixes at all. :c

I also need to learn how to modify/modulate voices and clips to fit better with my songs.

7Crdz3K.png

wait, did RD get warned for mentioning the word "whore"? that, to me, seems a bit excessive, but spas' language in the later parts of the status feels justified for a warning, though.

RD only got the warning points for that, I think. He didn't get as annoyed by CD as I did, so he barely said anything else.

spasticShotty-1753.png

@,  

• Brohoof 1

Fav Quotes:

Same for me. I actually don't know how to do good remixes at all. :c

I also need to learn how to modify/modulate voices and clips to fit better with my songs.

i've only made that one by-ear cover/remix of Darkmere way back then, but i'm sure there's far easier ways to remix, though. if i had to take a guess... i'd assume that, to remix a song, you just take samples and stems of the song you want to remix, eventually EQ out the parts you don't need in the clips, then make a beginning of a song or so, then incorporate the sample of the song, then build it up from there. actually, that sounds rather simple with this song i want to remix, since it only has the vocals i want, and a melody snip.

KvTw2d6.png

We need more Luna

wQjsW.png

I dunno lol XD

The real question is, how was it excessive? Is CD just afraid of vulgar and swear words :/?

It's the mom parts :x

Even if it wasn't directed at me, I still got this "ouch" feeling inside me. You can call others with lots of offensive names, but I believe parents should not be targeted like that. Kinda kills the mood, you know

• Brohoof 1

k3v45pe.jpg?1

If you didn't realize, it was an example, not an insult directed to anybody.

still rude and pointless comment, though. for example, i can say FUCK ASS TITBALLS IN COSMOS out loud, and not direct it to anyone, but i'd still be regarded as rude for saying something so excessive without any real context behind it.

KvTw2d6.png

still rude and pointless comment, though. for example, i can say FUCK ASS TITBALLS IN COSMOS out loud, and not direct it to anyone, but i'd still be regarded as rude for saying something so excessive without any real context behind it.

If I heard that, I would probably laugh out loud.

• Brohoof 1

spasticShotty-1753.png

i've only made that one by-ear cover/remix of Darkmere way back then, but i'm sure there's far easier ways to remix, though. if i had to take a guess... i'd assume that, to remix a song, you just take samples and stems of the song you want to remix, eventually EQ out the parts you don't need in the clips, then make a beginning of a song or so, then incorporate the sample of the song, then build it up from there. actually, that sounds rather simple with this song i want to remix, since it only has the vocals i want, and a melody snip.

EQ out the parts you don't want?

This is probably a self-explanatory question, but how would one do that? If you know, that is.

And it seems like you already know what you need to do to do a decent remix.

I knew none of that. :lol:

7Crdz3K.png

You seem to think that only CD was involved with the decision to give you those points. What would you say if I told you that there were actually quite a few staff members looking into your activities in that status update, including myself? There was no CD this and CD that. Those warning points were the result of group consensus. 

Now, my friend, you have an open moderation dispute that is in the process of being answered. The GCT is not the moderation dispute area, and I am not going to fully address your issue here. The moderation dispute area exists for moderation disputes.

I'm only mentioning this here because the GCT seems to be substituting for the moderation dispute area. That is not good. 

@

We don't tolerate words that denigrate an entire category of individuals. That word is one of them. 

@,

Vulgarities include swear words. 

Now... If any of you have questions. Open a staff ticket and get the matter resolved or the question answered directly.

Isn't that more efficient than making assumptions? 

• Brohoof 8

If I heard that, I would probably laugh out loud.

i hate to be "that guy", but i'd say it's probably because of your age. sure, i might have a immature sense of humour myself, but i know when to laugh and when to not. ah well, you'll find out about it later on in life.

EQ out the parts you don't want?

This is probably a self-explanatory question, but how would one do that? If you know, that is.

And it seems like you already know what you need to do to do a decent remix.

I knew none of that. :lol:

i'm not sure, but you have seen a EQ band, right? all those frequencies and stuff? well, everything lies at different frequencies in a song. vocals, for example, lie in the middle, if you've seen a spectogram of it before. so you just EQ out everything else around the middle part, and you SHOULD have some pretty damn good rip of a vocal track. this applies to most other things, as well. since i only want a melody snip, which is only subdued by a, umm, what's that woosh sound called in music? anyway, it's the only thing i need to rip out in order to get a clean rip of what i want to remix. then i just remix it like i want to.

KvTw2d6.png