Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

7NF2n.jpg

Good morning world! :D

Is it odd if I've actually done something similar? Me and a group of friends have our own mini forum for just us.

Seems like making your own forum for your circle of friends ain't that rare :wacko:

it IS a good thing. this place is indeed random, but you're still getting serious replies whenever you need to get them here, rather than it being shoehorned off with more random. this is how a chat thread SHOULD work like. i remember there being a similar thread on this forum called YAF (that i'm sure i've told you of before), and there was only ONE person in that place that actually cared that i felt depressed (guess who said person is: hint - he appears in every post i make)

For real? My, he's such a sweetheart AhGSr.png

Now, if you go around using an avatar/trip on 4chan, then you should stop. 4chan is supposed to be anonymous.

AFAIK ponychan is the only chan that features a whopping 90% tripjerks G16t5.png

Let's play another game!

51hdL.png

What do I won? :P

I've always wondered...

Do people actually say "SWAG"?

Like. Has anyone ever seriously said they have swag?

I don't talk to people in real life, so I wouldn't know.

Bless your soul... You have not been tainted by those Swagfuckers :o

• Brohoof 3

you're not supposed to drink it like that....

Pshh.... thats what they all say  :P

Yeah don't drink it too sleep :3 

Melatonin.

Valerian Root....

that crap smells like stinky sweaty socks that have been sitting in the sun for days xD 

[img=http:om/uploads/post_images/

Hai, Weyland!

Huh, I guess its not. :wacko:

I never understood why Chans seem to hate those with tripcodes.

Why is that? Is there a logical reason or just because?

And you also disappoint me with your hatred of swag. :l

Valerian Root....

that crap smells like stinky sweaty socks that have been sitting in the sun for days

Wait,... What the hell is that?

You become a mindless zombie

Crapparently...

Switching back to Word; See ya later.

Unless you want me to stay and vandalise more crap.

Edited by Ganaram_Bloodrune
  • Brohoof 1

I never understood why Chans seem to hate those with tripcodes. Why is that? Is there a logical reason or just because?

Tripcode = attention garnering of some sort. And most of the time tripcode users are trying to get some credits on their names and act like assholes to those who don't :/

And you also disappoint me with your hatred of swag. :l

The term is repeated over and over and over and over in this other forum I frequents, I have grown hating it :o
  • Brohoof 2

I never understood why Chans seem to hate those with tripcodes.

Why is that? Is there a logical reason or just because?

The whole idea behind 4chan was the ability to post anonymously. Tripcodes were originally only used as a method of identifying an OP in a thread, or making sure you were talking to the right anon if he had files you were looking for, etc. It was a temporary thing.

Then when people started using them so they could gain a reputation, that's when people started to have a problem with it. They were using them to garner attention, and have private talks with other tripcode users, as they would in a non-chan forum setting.

Hence the name "tripfag."

I'm okay with it in places such as Ponychan/smaller chans, because anonymity isn't championed there. Those types of imageboards are more personal.

Edited by bluetrace
  • Brohoof 2

I ain't like Airbourne. He likes Rarities. :w

Poor Rarity? How about poor Pinkeh? BECAUSE SOMEBODY BETRAYED HER!

I just say it to make fun of those that actually do.

Pinkie Doesn't deserve my wubs :vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Tripcode = attention garnering of some sort. And most of the time tripcode users are trying to get some credits on their names and act like assholes to those who don't :/

The whole idea behind 4chan was the ability to post anonymously. Tripcodes were originally only used as a method of identifying an OP in a thread, or making sure you were talking to the right anon if he had files you were looking for, etc. It was a temporary thing.

Then when people started using them so they could gain a reputation, that's when people started to have a problem with it. They were using them to garner attention, and have private talks with other tripcode users, as they would in a non-chan forum setting.

Hence the name "tripfag."

I'm okay with it in places such as Ponychan/smaller chans, because anonymity isn't championed there. Those types of imageboards are more personal.

Ooooh. So unless I start drawing or writing fics there, is be better without one.

so what about names? Or is that the same basic thing?

And how can you have a private talk with another tripcode user on some place like 4chan?

Urdnot said she despised me and Rarity :vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Rarity deserves it. :l

• Brohoof 2

http://derpibooru.org/159122

Wut?

How is it that someone can spot these things?

inb4 It's a bookcase that has no back, so you can see it from behind, or rather, Twi was looking at the shelf from behind.

inb5 Twilight has a secret chamber.

inb6 It's an extension for her library.

inb3 Spike really is an idiot.

Suddenly Applebloom

rf2T7.gif

92smk.jpg

And the worst thing is when the imminent elitism kicks in. I've seen a lot of quality threads got suddenly deserted just because an anon user or some poor tripcoder joins in.

Ooooh. So unless I start drawing or writing fics there, is be better without one.

Yep! :P

Fortunately in /b/ they already have this ID number for each posters in all thread that changes for each threads, so you don't have to get any tripcode in there.

Names can be stolen in 4chan if you don't use the tripcode to identify yourself

And how can you have a private talk with another tripcode user on some place like 4chan?

AFAIK there is no way that can be done, you will have to go somewhere else for that
  • Brohoof 1

And the worst thing is when the imminent elitism kicks in. I've seen a lot of quality threads got suddenly deserted just because an anon user or some poor tripcoder joins in.Yep! :PFortunately in /b/ they already have this ID number for each posters in all thread that changes for each threads, so you don't have to get any tripcode in there.Names can be stolen in 4chan if you don't use the tripcode to identify yourselfAFAIK there is no way that can be done, you will have to go somewhere else for that

Aah. Doubt that will evar happen though. :lol:

Huh, they need to add that feature all over.

People over there actually remember (or copy down) others tripcodes?! That's...some crazy dedication right there. :blink:

Edited by TGAP Haven

You're going to start posting fics on 4chan? Feeling daring, aren't we?

Someone could impersonate you if you only used a name. The tripcode part is what enables the specific identifier that sticks to your posts.

I shouldn't have said private. Tripcode users will have talks amongst themselves in a thread, as if it were a chatroom. It's called "circlejerking" by those who oppose it.

And the worst thing is when the imminent elitism kicks in. I've seen a lot of quality threads got suddenly deserted just because an anon user or some poor tripcoder joins in.

Fortunately in /b/ they already have this ID number for each posters in all thread that changes for each threads, so you don't have to get any tripcode in there.

Not all tripcode users are elitists, even /v/ likes some trip users. Well, maybe they tolerate some of them. But yes, a lot are like that. Oh well.

And why would you even consider /b/ as an option

People over there actually remember (or copy down) others tripcodes?! That's...some crazy dedication right there.

What do you mean?

Edited by bluetrace