General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

dorm? Or house you crash at during classes?

Still kinda far.

Yeah, it's extremely complicated. It doesn't help that there's an entire mountain in my way and it's not like CalTrans can just dig a tunnel through 30 miles of mountain just to connect a rural area to a not-so-rural area if it's not gonna satiate the commuting needs of lots of people.

Still kinda far.

agreed

Yeah, it's extremely complicated. It doesn't help that there's an entire mountain in my way and it's not like CalTrans can just dig a tunnel through 30 miles of mountain just to connect a rural area to a not-so-rural area if it's not gonna satiate the commuting needs of lots of people.

that sucks.

Unless they have too much money.

agreed

that sucks.

Unless they have too much money.

There are only really two solutions: CalTrans invests in even faster transportation infrastructure (but again, I live in a rather rural area so they'd rather connect busy areas together, so I have to drive to a transit centre regardless) or I live closer to campus, which isn't an option this time around.

I don't know where exactly you guys live, but California is HUGE (inb6 I set up a road trip RP). Last year, I had to visit some relatives and they live so far north, it's ridiculous. It takes over 4 hours to get from where I live to the southernmost point of Central Valley (and that's assuming you somehow avoid the traffic-ridden Interstate 10 in Lozenjellies).

There are only really two solutions: CalTrans invests in even faster transportation infrastructure (but again, I live in a rather rural area so they'd rather connect busy areas together, so I have to drive to a transit centre regardless) or I live closer to campus, which isn't an option this time around.

I don't know where exactly you guys live, but California is HUGE (inb6 I set up a road trip RP). Last year, I had to visit some relatives and they live so far north, it's ridiculous. It takes over 4 hours to get from where I live to the southernmost point of Central Valley (and that's assuming you somehow avoid the traffic-ridden Interstate 10 in Lozenjellies).

I live in New York.

No, not the city.

California is much larger than where I live, so I wouldn't fully understand urban environments since I live in a very rural farming-heavy area.

Edited by Punicpunch

all i know is that my commute across town usually takes me an hour to and from my college.

I live in New York.

No, not the city.

California is much larger than where I live, so I wouldn't fully understand urban environments since I live in a very rural farming-heavy area.

Ah yes, the part of New York state that no one pays much attention to. I live in sandland, but I'm literally a few mountains away from urbanville. Someday I may wanna move back to an urban area, or as close as I can so's not to die of car exhaust and burst eardrums from all the traffic noise.

all i know is that my commute across town usually takes me an hour to and from my college.

Is that one hour because of sheer distance or one hour because of traffic?

Ah yes, the part of New York state that no one pays much attention to. I live in sandland, but I'm literally a few mountains away from urbanville. Someday I may wanna move back to an urban area, or as close as I can so's not to die of car exhaust and burst eardrums from all the traffic noise.
Doesn't sound preferable, no.