Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The only reason I don't like Twilicorn (other than the obvious plot-holes)

Malao

Fillies and Gentlecolts, this is the one thing I didn't like about Season 3.

First off, Season Three as a whole was amazing. The show's starting to get some deeper meaning, and some of the conflicts were downright dark at times (Look me in the eye and tell me King Sombra wouldn't scare the heck out of you if he were real and you were six). The controversial Twilicorn transformation was handled much better than I thought, and I can't wait until winter so I can be jealous of all of the people who get to watch it live while I wait for Netflix or Youtube.

But seriously, there's one thing that annoys me about Twilicorn. Am I the only one here who's bugged by Twi's royal gown? I'm completely fine with the transformation, even though the reason tips the BS meter a bit (That's a tangent for later). The colours don't go with her at all. The dress from the Grand Galloping Gala in SEASON FREAKING ONE would have been a better choice.

The dress just doesn't look good on her. The proportions seem a bit off to me, and the golden trim is such a weird contrast from the rest of it. The dress doesn't blend with the pony at all, and the overall design seems a bit under-thought  Sweet Celestia, i'm ranting about a show for people half my age of the opposite sex. No regrets. Anyway, I can't be the only one who thinks this. Maybe i'm just insane, but it bugs the hay out of me. The fanart gets the dress down, but the official thing manages to be a weird colour combination that clashes with the established color scheme, throwing warmer colours onto a cooler background, making both seem weird.

Again, I'm ranting on a show for six year olds of the opposite sex. Again, i'm not sorry. I gave all my bucks away to better causes, like this two paragraph rant.

P.S. Apparently "Riding A Black Unicorn" goes really well with ranting about My Little Pony...

(This forum doesn't have Helvetica sad.png )

• Brohoof 4

Well the gown was probably just for the coronation, Celestia and Luna never wear anything with the exception of their grieves, necklaces, and crowns, yet there the were at the coronation with gowns.

• Brohoof 1

It feels like more and more people are complaining about the out-fits everypony was wearing and less about Twilight transformation. As for me I liked her outfit. Now I don't know anything about dress making, but I just thought it looked nice.

It feels like more and more people are complaining about the out-fits everypony was wearing and less about Twilight transformation.

I only brought up the dress because the overall transformation was satisfactory, even if the exact details rustled some jimmies.

Well the gown was probably just for the coronation, Celestia and Luna never wear anything with the exception of their grieves, necklaces, and crowns, yet there the were at the coronation with gowns.

True. I've seen some rather stellar fanart of grownup princess sparkle. I just hope that this doesn't become a persistent problem, because it bugs me to no end.

Even if the dress ended up being a bunch of filthy torn rags I wouldn't have cared because the way twilicorn has been handled so far has been a disaster with a rushed season finale, almost no character development for Twilight in season 3 when such a change requires massive character development in order to make even the slightest ounce of sense which makes the whole thing seem like it came out of nowhere. Twilight's dress at the coronation is the last thing I am worried about especially because if she does wear it again it will probably only be select special occasions and as the saying goes I have bigger fish to fry. Despite my misgivings though the whole concept as pre mature as it is can still work but only if Hasbro steps back and lets the writers do their jobs.

• Brohoof 2

are you even serious? :/

seriously, there are like 1000 more important things that you can complain about Twilicorn, and you complain about her gown? a gown that she probably won't wear ever again.

• Brohoof 1

I seriously didn't find any flaws in how they portrayed Twilicorn in Magical Mystery Cure, even before I watched in-depth analyses on why Twilicorn is a good idea.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, despite this being absolutely trivial, I liked her dress. It was the best out of all the ones we saw. (I love Luna to death, but that outfit just wasn't good at all.) I'm no Rarity, but the dress looked perfectly fine to me. I'm honestly confused by what you mean "plot holes" in the title, but that's for a different time. If you've started a thread about that, I'd be more than happy to see it. But I thought the dress was great.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, despite this being absolutely trivial, I liked her dress. It was the best out of all the ones we saw. (I love Luna to death, but that outfit just wasn't good at all.) I'm no Rarity, but the dress looked perfectly fine to me. I'm honestly confused by what you mean "plot holes" in the title, but that's for a different time. If you've started a thread about that, I'd be more than happy to see it. But I thought the dress was great.

The plot hole revolves around the line from Celestia, along the lines of "you've created new magic." Basically, I find this to be a giant plothole because basically anypony could create "new" magic.

The plot hole revolves around the line from Celestia, along the lines of "you've created new magic." Basically, I find this to be a giant plothole because basically anypony could create "new" magic.

I can see what you mean, but she created a new form of magic. Not like she created a new spell like transfiguration, more of she made the magic of friendship. Think like this. Celestia has control of the Sun and Luna has control of the moon. That's Celestial Magic or Universal Magic, depending on which you like more. Cadance has the magic of love. She can spread love around, and from what we know, is the only one who can. The Magic of Love. Twilight was able to create magic to keep friends together, therefore, the Magic of Friendship. 

At least that's how I see it. I'm sure more of it will be explained in the season four premier

Edited by SongBrony

I can see what you mean, but she created a new form of magic. Not like she created a new spell like transfiguration, more of she made the magic of friendship. Think like this. Celestia has control of the Sun and Luna has control of the moon. That's Celestial Magic or Universal Magic, depending on which you like more. Cadance has the magic of love. She can spread love around, and from what we know, is the only one who can. The Magic of Love. Twilight was able to create magic to keep friends together, therefore, the Magic of Friendship. 

At least that's how I see it. I'm sure more of it will be explained in the season four premier

Well, considering how deeply people have been looking into this, they might have to make two more parts just to explain what the fuck happened.

Well, considering how deeply people have been looking into this, they might have to make two more parts just to explain what the fuck happened.

Well the whole Twilicorn thing is really a three-parter. The first two episodes of season four are about the transformation and all that jazz.

Hmm...I didn't really notice the gown. My suprised expression at that time took over my curiousity of her gown, which I really didn't care about at that time. But does it matter? The illustrators aren't going to make a super amazing dress and animate it the whole time. It would be quite hard. And, They aren't going to get it perfect. I personally think her gown looks quite detailed. Though that's just my opinion.

I do indeed agree with SongBrony. When Celestia said ''You've created new magic'' she meant that it was a type of magic. Not like a spell, as SongBrony said. (I'm not trying to copy you. Just agreeing with you. ^^'') And that's about all I have to say for now. Just remember that a gown on a ponies dress doesn't really matter at all. I'm not saying you can't say your opinion about it, but when you spread it to other people you need to prepare for them to say, ''Does it matter?'' Or, ''How would this be important?'' So. Yep. Now that's really all I have to say. -Ehh, So much pink .3.-

Malao, you're not the only pony who has to wait for it on YouTube and Netflix -_- man I really hope Luna and what's her name are still in

I think that Twilicorn was an interesting development. But I have to reserve judgment on whether I like it or not after I see the next season. I just feel like that this could turn Twilight into a bit of a Mary Sue. I mean she already has those tendencies in her character (from my Point of View) and this just doesn't seem like it will help matters. But we will just have to see in the next season.

She's got neat wings, dat crappy gown is excusable.

Let's just hope she gets flying lessons, or Twilicorn will fly season four into the ground.

ehh i thought twilight's dress was probabLy the least ugly during the coronation. but celestia, luna, and cadences dresses were HIDEOUS. my eyes burned. who in the hay designed those dresses? obviously NOT rarity! the colors completely clashed with the ponies wearing them, and cadence brought back that horrendous traditional crystal empire headdress. celestia's crown was redonkulous too.

Edited by crazitaco

Didn't really notice the dress until read thing, but eh... I didn't see much wrong with it. I think it could have been a lot better, but like someone said, it was probably just a coronation dress or something as none of the other princesses actually wear dresses.

My only real complaint about season 3 is, like others have said, how rushed it is. The two parter beginning was... lackluster compared to the rest. The villain was hardly there and very boring and was never spoken of again (at least so far), I highly disliked the episode with Discord, and the Twilicorn thing was pretty rushed as well. I'm hoping the reason it was so rushed is because they were so freaking excited to get into the fourth season's plot.

• 3 weeks later...

The gown DID look slightly out of place, now that you mention it.

Her hair looked a little weird too.

Huh. At first I never would have noticed it. Good eye!

Fillies and Gentlecolts, this is the one thing I didn't like about Season 3.

First off, Season Three as a whole was amazing. The show's starting to get some deeper meaning, and some of the conflicts were downright dark at times (Look me in the eye and tell me King Sombra wouldn't scare the heck out of you if he were real and you were six). The controversial Twilicorn transformation was handled much better than I thought, and I can't wait until winter so I can be jealous of all of the people who get to watch it live while I wait for Netflix or Youtube.

But seriously, there's one thing that annoys me about Twilicorn. Am I the only one here who's bugged by Twi's royal gown? I'm completely fine with the transformation, even though the reason tips the BS meter a bit (That's a tangent for later). The colours don't go with her at all. The dress from the Grand Galloping Gala in SEASON FREAKING ONE would have been a better choice.

The dress just doesn't look good on her. The proportions seem a bit off to me, and the golden trim is such a weird contrast from the rest of it. The dress doesn't blend with the pony at all, and the overall design seems a bit under-thought  Sweet Celestia, i'm ranting about a show for people half my age of the opposite sex. No regrets. Anyway, I can't be the only one who thinks this. Maybe i'm just insane, but it bugs the hay out of me. The fanart gets the dress down, but the official thing manages to be a weird colour combination that clashes with the established color scheme, throwing warmer colours onto a cooler background, making both seem weird.

Again, I'm ranting on a show for six year olds of the opposite sex. Again, i'm not sorry. I gave all my bucks away to better causes, like this two paragraph rant.

P.S. Apparently "Riding A Black Unicorn" goes really well with ranting about My Little Pony...

(This forum doesn't have Helvetica img-1344085-1-sad.png )

Was it just me or were ALL of their dresses horrid?! Did Rarity make them? If so... what the crap happened?!  And why did Twilight get a new crown? Why was her element crown suddenly not sufficient? -_-