Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am i the only one who don't like "The Young Turks" aka TYT

Finia

They are supposed to be a news host show on YouTube. They where apparently kicked from TV, so now they upload llike 5 or 10 vids per day on something news related on YouTube. Or well it can be mostly silly stuff too. It also contains misleading thumbnails, because its not a picture of Cenk's face. Its trying to be about news, but its basically just about people talking. I think in general this should be worth reporting for misleading the audience.

But the main point is that they are so bias and really ignorant on things they talk about, and mostly its silly. I mean one might aswell compare it to Fox News in terms of it. The only comment section that was worth reading was the one when they had Sam Harris on it, because then people who likely are bright sees it for what it is. Which is bias and bad source of information.

News is something that can be important if you wanna know about stuff around the world. Atleast with Bill Maher talk show they tend to be more fair and not so one sided on issues, and less annoying. Although its unfair comparing Bill with... that. In terms of more class.

But what do you think?

• Brohoof 3

I'd rather read my news then watch sense many times the videos or daily news shows can't fit most of the info in to one segment and stuff, so I use them just as a quick informant thing on a issue and go from there but on topic here TYT is pretty much fox news on youtube and if Cenk's wasn't there it would probably be something worth the time to watch.

I mean that fucking sound board needs to go out the window I'm sick of hearing (anytime I do try to watch a video) him use that fucking spittoon sound it makes me want to gut the stupid turk

• Brohoof 2

I'd rather read my news more than actually watch it, but I'd never compare them to Fox News, they're not even close in terms of shittiness and are pretty decent compared to the garbage everywhere else.

Some of the things I've seen them do and say come across as ridiculous and indicating a lack of impartiality. I recall on one segment when one person advocated for segregated classrooms and everyone was agreeing and I'm thinking as to how that kind of viewpoint gets agreement on a news show.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

For one thing, I'm sick of that damned sound board they keep using.  I do watch their videos from time to time and some of them can be cringe-worthy when they turn really opinionated and start using the sound board a lot.  That thing(the sound board) needs to be run over a couple of times and set on fire.  I do like some of their videos though. 

Edited by Thuja

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall, even ReviewTechUSA recently called them out on their annoying "click baity" nature. I have tried to watch their stuff a few times, but every single video I ever tried to watch has a thumbnail and title that have very little to do with the actual video.

I hate these guys and the vid they put out a few weeks ago about the Confederate battle flag really pissed me off, where they dismissed people who have legitimate feelings of pride and respect for that and the soldiers as racists. They totally distort history to promote their agenda and as a result create more resentment and dismiss the bravery and heritage of real people as racist and treasonous. Yeah, I'd like to hear them tell veterans of the Vietnam or Iraq wars that they are scum for fighting on the "wrong" side (regardless of their personal reasons for fighting) or call American Revolutionaries traitors and try to get their monuments and symbols removed. Yeah somehow I doubt they'd do any of that.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

when ever I hear of The Young Turks channel I think of 2 songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ41hqlV0Kk

this one 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSAjNWypykQ

and this one 

As for the actual channel I don't really care about it... The only news I really watch on youtube is gaming news. I guess they recently posted a click bait video that everyone hated (heard about that from ReviewTechUSA) and that's why this thread exists?

Whatever, they are a thing, I guess. As for me, I'll stick with the songs I linked above    

Edited by Zantetsuken

At least Fox News actually has news regardless of their one-sided Conservative POVs.

FN also features John Stossel's main show and I watch him all the time.

The Young Turks are far worse than Fox News in terms of political propaganda though.

For one, they will take the tiniest issue that concerns the right or religious crowd (or both) and make that their main news story for the day.

And that is ALL the content they will pump out.

When the NAACP tried to take down the Confederate Soldier mountain carvings for the sake of PC correctness, why didn't TYT report on that issue?

It would paint the far left crowd in a bad color.

Now I don't necessarily despise Liberals because I do have Liberal points of view when it come to legalization, and I even hold secular points of view when it comes to "separation of church and state".

But it seems the TYT paints anyone who isn't a radical Liberal or an atheist (more specifically Christian) as either ignorant, stupid, or both.

I know even Liberals who have been offended by some of the content they post.

They will also use deceiving titles for their videos.

Lets just say for example a small Conservative Christian group wanted to establish laws to ban evolutionary teachings in public schools.

Just one small Christian group right?

The begining title of the video wouldn't be the actual name of that particular radical group.

It'd be something like "Christians want to ban evolutionary teachings in public schools."

Some one-sided title like that.

Just to give you an example.

So even if you are a Christian who believes in "separation of church and state" (like me) you can't go into their comments section because everyone thinks you're an asshole.

They are so one-sided they make me sick.

The only people who enjoy their videos are Liberal radicalist anti-theists who have no respect for anyone of different beliefs.

• Brohoof 2

I pretty much don't like them either. As everyone else said, they're the Fox News of the left. They'll twist the facts to suit their agenda and they'll attack anyone who doesn't share their viewpoint. If an individual or small group happens to be in a demographic they don't like, they'll use it as ammo to say "See, this is why all Christians/Right Wingers are terrible people! These guys contribute to the reasons why I think liberals can be just as bad as conservatives. They've really been proving the Horseshoe theory correct!

• Brohoof 2

• 6 years later...

I’ve subscribed once when I found a video about being child free. Then I saw subsequent ones, and they were misleading at best, and totalitarian at worst. If you want a good news YT show, America Uncovered got you eh…. Covered 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...